College Students! discussion

Let's Discuss This Book/Author > RIP Brian Jacques

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 78 comments I was heartbroken to hear that Brian Jacques has passed, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-... . As a kid I absolutely loved the Redwall series and have been recommending them to anyone who would listen since then. Mossflower & Redwall were the first real books that I read by myself, and my dad read them to me before I took over. This is one of my favorite childhood memories and I find it really sad that Brian Jacques is no longer with us. He will be sorely missed.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 279 comments That is sad, I didn't know that he passed away. I love Redwall!

message 3: by R (new)

R (feste) Oh that's really sad. I loved the Redwall series as a kid too. I really wanted to be a badger and live in Salamandastron. RIP!

message 4: by Sonja (new)

Sonja (crvena_sonja) | 78 comments I would have been an otter. I loved their accents and the houseboats.

Anyone else who read these books, as a kid or more recently, what was your favorite animal, or story, or memory?

message 5: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (Jessie08) | 128 comments This is so sad, but thank you for sharing Sonja. I also loved Redwall, but I think I liked his Flying Duchman series even more. These books helped inspire a love of travel in me. In both the Redwall series and The Flying Duchman series I love how there were so many interesting characters in every book.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Lauren (ashleyllauren) GASP! I'm still making my way through that series! It's so fantastic - this is so sad. They said that the final book in the series is being released in May - I wonder if it was really intended to be the final book or not. I felt like that series was going to go on forever.

message 7: by sara frances (new)

sara frances (sara_frances) omg, how did i miss this!? i remember reading his books ten or twelve years ago and loooving them.

so sad =(