Love Inspired Books discussion

In the Mood for Romance

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
All this week at eHarlequin, we are getting ready for Valentine's Day with a big celebration. We have games and prizes galore, and we'd love to have you join in!

And when I say prizes galore, I mean that we're giving away more free books than I've ever had to give away! WAHOO for you!!

You'll have lots of chances to win. I'll be offering opportunities here on Goodreads as well as on our eHarlequin.com community, Shoutlife, Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace.

You can find the details on our eHarlequin page: http://community.eharlequin.com/forum...

But hey, since I'm in such a giving mood (I LOVE giving away free books!!), let's start this out right here with a fun giveaway.

Tell us what YOU love about Love Inspired, Love Inspired Suspense, or Love Inspired Historical, and out of the posts, I'll draw some winners. Just post here. :)

You have until 5pm Eastern to be entered in the drawing.

Dream

message 2: by Love Inspired (new)

Another chance to win...

Bring a date!! Or lots of dates. :) If you invite your friends, and they tell me that YOU sent them, you'll both be entered in a drawing for a free book.

Dream

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 62 comments I love LIH's because I enjoy learning things about different periods in history, and the authors seem to do wonderful research and often make you feel like you are there.

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 33 comments I missed the deadline, so I'm not eligible for a book. That's OK :) I still want to talk about these books and why I am hooked on them. I like LIH books because outside of the romance they have great stories, with characters I would love to keep reading about. That's why I like series :) They also have interesting story lines that keep me reading. However, I confess, as a hopeless romantic, I need my romance fix. The LIH stories provide that romantic element as well, it is beautifully woven into the story, instead of the story line being woven around the two main characters and their romance. Lol, does that make sense? :)

message 5: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments Yeah, I missed the deadline also. But the main reason I read any of the Love Insprired books are because I know that are good clean books. Love a happy ending too! I recently won a book that looked great but when I started reading it there was a curse word on the very first page. I still gave it a try but after about 4 or 5 pages I decided to put it down. I can't stand for authors to use bad words. Thinking I'm just gonna through this one in the garbage.

message 6: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 7 comments I also missed the deadline. I love LI and LI Suspense in particular. I grew up with Grace Livingston Hill. It is so nice to find contemporary romances of a quality equal or better than other contemporary lines that also makes me feel inspired spiritually. They just have a warm feeling missing from secular romances.

message 7: by Love Inspired (new)

You know what, *I* missed the deadline. :) I got caught up with some things for the kids, and I forgot to check.

So...
Barbara, Heidi, Patsy, and Crystal, please email me at dream.eharlequinhost@gmail.com with your mailing address, and I'll get your prizes out to you.

message 8: by Love Inspired (new)

And for the next question to enter you in a drawing for a free book...

What was the most recent Love Inspired/Love Inspired Historical/Love Inspired Suspense you've read and what did you think of it?

This time, I will draw winners tomorrow afternoon.

The last one I read was The Rancher's Reunion by Tina Radcliffe, and I really enjoyed it.

Dream

message 9: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments I just finished reading Hearts in Harmony by Gail Sattler. In the book I was so glad that Celeste turned her life around and used her talent to praise the Lord. I really enjoyed this book.

message 10: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 64 comments Love Inspired wrote: "You know what, *I* missed the deadline. :) I got caught up with some things for the kids, and I forgot to check.

So...
Barbara, Heidi, Patsy, and Crystal, please email me at dream.eharlequinhost@..."

Ok, that sounds great. Will email you shortly.

message 11: by Beth (new)

Beth  (canadianbeth) | 22 comments The last LI Suspense I read was Christmas Target by Stephanie Newton. It was the last (I assume) of the Emerald Coast 911 series and I made a point of pulling it off the shelf of unread books when I had finished her previous book, Flashpoint. I liked the entire series. This was a short story and part of a two-story book which also included Yuletide Sanctuary by Terri Reed. I always know when I pick up one of these authors' books that I am going to get a good read with lots of think about.

Beth - ;)

message 12: by Love Inspired (new)

Thanks guys! I am emailing confirmations to everyone who emails me, so if you don't get a confirmation, I did not get your email. :)

Our latest winner is Beth!! Beth, please email me at dream.eharlequinhost@gmail.com with your address!

message 13: by Love Inspired (new)

What's the best/worst Valentine's gift you've ever received? I'll draw winners from answers to this question. :)

And, if you want another chance to win, Missy Tippens asks this same question on eHarlequin: http://community.eharlequin.com/forum...

Also, remember that Janet Tronstad is doing a great writing challenge for a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble:
http://community.eharlequin.com/forum...