Jane Austen discussion

Jane Austen Fan Videos > Persuasion '95- The Moment I Said It

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 674 comments Mod
This vid is by one of my vidding friends and fave vidders, Val. It is a BEAUTIFUL one for the 1995 Ciaran Hinds/Amanda Root adaptation of Persuasion. What do you all think of this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlosiC...

message 2: by Lorraine (new)

Lorraine (saanichlori) | 48 comments Oh, that's lovely! All the best parts of the movie in one lovely clip. Quotes kept flying through my head "No-one is so capable as Anne", and "Which way are you going, Captain?" Reply: "I hardly know". I've added it to my Favourites.

message 3: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum Beautiful! It made me want desperately to see the film again. And I stand by my statement that this version is the quintessential "Persuasion"; it just could not be topped!

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) I liked it very much. I like the newer version of Persuasion, but not any better than this one. Both very good!

message 5: by Amalie (new)

Amalie Unfortunately this video is blocked for my part of the world due on copyright grounds, (sigh) yeah. They do block certain videos in the South Asian continent.

message 6: by Rachel, The Honorable Miss Moderator (new)

Rachel (randhrshipper1) | 674 comments Mod
Amalie wrote: "Unfortunately this video is blocked for my part of the world due on copyright grounds, (sigh) yeah. They do block certain videos in the South Asian continent."

Oh, sorry about that, Amalie! But I do know that Val has a link on her profile page to a folder on a file sharing site where she has download links for all her videos. Maybe you can watch it that way.

message 7: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena Parker (magdalenaparker) | 12 comments Thanks for sharing,, this has reawakened my desire to re-watch this movie for the 100th time, Cirian is simply the best Wentworth.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  Consiglio-Wolff (jrzgirl_1967) | 30 comments I agree ...Cirian is the best Wentworth but I also like Rupert Penry-Jones take as Wentworth as well.

Magdalena....I can't help it but it has something to do with watching him on my British Spy Series MI-5!

Then again...I love Capt. Wentworth so I wouldn't care who plays him on screen!

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Ramirez (bvramirez) agreed :}

message 10: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum I'm trying to think of somebody who couldn't play Capt. Wentworth. Jack Black? Maybe...

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan The little troll who played Mr. Collins - both versions!

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  Consiglio-Wolff (jrzgirl_1967) | 30 comments Yes...I don't think Jack Black would fit the in the shoes of our beloved Capt. Wentworth! :-)

message 13: by Karlyne (new)

Karlyne Landrum Oh, Megan, I'm laughing -- Mr. Collins as Capt. Wentworth...

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa  Consiglio-Wolff (jrzgirl_1967) | 30 comments Ok ...I take it back...I would mind terribly who played Capt. Wentworth! Thanks for the laugh as well! Ewww, Mr. Collins! I couldn't handle that ...or for that matter snively Uriah Heep from David Copperfield!

message 15: by Krista (new)

Krista | 4 comments Magdalena wrote: "Thanks for sharing,, this has reawakened my desire to re-watch this movie for the 100th time, Cirian is simply the best Wentworth."

Yes, he was the best. I would have loved for him to do the audio version of the book so I could hear him read THE LETTER over and over again.