Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > February 2011 - What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 206 (206 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Feb 07, 2011 08:34AM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments I can't believe I forgot about starting a February thread. Oh well, here it is. You guys know the drill.

Stop by and let us know what you have just read, currently reading or about to read.

message 2: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 9327 comments Finished two books during the weekend: Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol and Garwood's Shadow Dance.

Started Cynthia Eden's Eternal Flame and KMM's Shadowfever.

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michelle_mc) | 670 comments Reading Green Eyed Demon (paperback) and On the Hunt (kindle).

Just finished Archangel's Consort and Hot Spell

message 4: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) I am currently reading Improper Seduction by Mary Wine .

message 5: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) I am currently reading Hissy Fit by Mary Kay Andrews. It's a quirky southern chic lit book. Pretty good so far!

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy | 6 comments I am currently reading Marrying Daisy Bellamy (The Lakeshore Chronicles) by Susan Wiggs

message 7: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I'm reading Magic Study, it's good so far.

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments trying to finish up The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson (its due back at the library on tuesday and i've maxed out the number of returns allowed - I may just return it late or go and grab it from borders because I saw it on the $5 table)...also reading A Knight in Shining Armor  by Jude Deveraux and Gentle Warrior (Tapestry Romance) by Julie Garwood

message 9: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 544 comments I just finished Agnes and the Hitman by Jennifer Crusie . Now I am reading The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting

message 10: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Melissa, I tried to read Agnes awhile back, but I had to put it back on the TBR shelf. How'd you like it?

message 11: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 10934 comments Just finished For One More Day by Mitch Albom and Coraline by Neil Gaiman

Next is either One Red Rose (Rose, #4) by Julie Garwood or Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4) by Joey W. Hill

message 12: by Melissa ** (new)

Melissa ** | 544 comments I really enjoyed it!!! My favorite books are the Stephanie Plum series and it reminded of that. I love funny books.

message 13: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I'll have to pull it back out :)

message 14: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments I'm back reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett . Very good although I'm very nervous. These books never end up well!

message 15: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) I'll be reading The Help this month too so let me know if it turns out to be a good one D.G.

message 16: by Ann (new)

Ann (annabell123) I recently finished The Hunger Games and Twilight and am now working on Last Sacrifice. It's been a good month of reading so far!

message 17: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i'm going to be listening to the Help, as soon as I finish up the Sookie Stackhouse i'm listening to - i've heard good things about the audioversion

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments started Nicholas (The Lords of Satyr, #1) by Elizabeth Amber last night and also listeniing to Dance of the Gods (Circle trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts . i'm really enjoying this series. it's fun, romantic, and has plenty of action.

message 19: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shel_b21) | 4 comments I'm reading the Goddess Summoning Series by P.C.Cast! I'm on the 3rd book out of 6. So far they are great reads!I've also read The Summoning. A YA book which was wonderful!

message 20: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shel_b21) | 4 comments Annabell wrote: "I recently finished The Hunger Games and Twilight and am now working on Last Sacrifice. It's been a good month of reading so far!"

I LOVE, LOVE the Twilight Saga and Hunger Games!! Its been awhile since I've read them, but they still remain as some of my faves!

message 21: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i've read a couple of the Goddess Summoning series (Sea; Spring and Rose) and have the other 4 in the pile waitings

message 22: by Dana (new)

Dana | 29 comments Right now I'm reading Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich while waiting on 4 and 5 in the Plum series to come in at the library. I just finished the 3rd book in the Mckettrick series, Secondhand Bride, by Linda Lael Miller. Also waiting on the 4th to come in, Meckettrick's Choice. I'm hooked on both series!

message 23: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Read The Reluctant Reformer by Lynsay Sands yesterday and loved it:-) It's so funny! I was almost PIMP at Margaret's first meeting with James' aunt:-D soooo funny!!!

Macwolf01 [Elise] (macwolf01) | 1012 comments Just finished re-reading Saving Grace by Julie Garwood now reading Desire Unchained (Demonica, #2) by Larissa Ione

message 25: by Nita (new)

Nita (gillnit) I was disappointed in Improper Seduction by Mary Wine . Most of the book was Curan trying to get Bridget to have sex with him. And then they suddenly loved each other. Blech.

Now reading a fantasy romance - Beneath the Thirteen Moons by Kathryne Kennedy .

message 26: by Shelby (new)

Shelby (shel_b21) | 4 comments Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "i've read a couple of the Goddess Summoning series (Sea; Spring and Rose) and have the other 4 in the pile waitings"

I couldn't seem to get into The Goddess of Spring. It took me forever to finish it. I loved The Goddess of Spring and Light. The stories just seemed to flow with them. I'm on The Goddess of the Rose now...not sure what I think of it yet. Its kinda hard to get into too.

message 27: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Nita wrote: "I was disappointed in Improper Seduction by Mary Wine. Most of the book was Curan trying to get Bridget to have sex with him. And then they suddenly loved each other. Blech. "

LOLOLOL, Nita!

message 28: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Just read The Seduction of an Unknown Lady by Samantha James and reread Too Much Temptation (Temptation Brothers, #1) by Lori Foster ... Loved them both:-D

message 29: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments goddess of the rose is probably my favorite out of the three that i've read - because I love a good beauty and the beast story - but it does take a little while to get into it

Shelby wrote: "Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "i've read a couple of the Goddess Summoning series (Sea; Spring and Rose) and have the other 4 in the pile waitings"

I couldn't seem to get into The Goddes..."

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments I read Devil of the Highlands (Devil of the Highlands, #1) by Lynsay Sands last night, and The Key (Deed, # 2) by Lynsay Sands this morning:-) 4.5* and 4*.. LS writes the funniest situations, lol.

BTW Shelby, I agree with DDee - Goddess of the Rose was my favorite so far:-D

message 31: by Heather (new)

Heather (junebug2285) It's a slow reading month because I am working on crocheting a blanket. But I am still reading The Voyage Out by Virginia Woolf and I started Enchanted, Inc. (Book 1) by Shanna Swendson . I also picked up The Lost Valentine by James Michael Pratt for one of the challenges.

message 32: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Just finished one of my fave Lynsay Sands Love Is Blind by Lynsay Sands .. 5*

message 33: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellelisa) | 65 comments Really hate night shifts but the upside is i can get alot of reading done!Finished Charming the Highlander (Highlander, #1) by Janet Chapman and put a good dent into The Lost Duke of Wyndham (Two Dukes of Wyndham Series #1) by Julia Quinn

message 34: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1 comments I am currentley reading City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare . Enjoying it so far!

message 35: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "i'm going to be listening to the Help, as soon as I finish up the Sookie Stackhouse i'm listening to - i've heard good things about the audioversion"

Dee - Which Sookie Stackhouse book are you on??

message 36: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments just on the first one...about 3/4 of the way done...its better than I expected...lol! but i'd tried reading it and not gotten far, so I think it ight just be an audio read/listen for me - same as the in death series

message 37: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) Ahhh I see. I liked the first one... I've read the first 3... After the first one they were getting a little tougher to read but in the end I liked them.

message 38: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i really like the narrator and for me that is a make/break...so i'll be checking her out for other stuff as well...maybe try the audiobooks, if they are too your liking...i find some series are just like that

message 39: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Re: Sookie...I actually liked the later books better than the earlier ones.

Can't believe you haven't read it, Dee! I'm all caught up.

message 40: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) Yeah I'm taking a break from Sookie... Mainly because I needed to concentrate on all the other books that I need to read for challenges! I've actually never listened to audiobooks! (except in the car ONCE!)... But then again I do most of my reading @ work because we're so slow right now. I'm reading Ain't She Sweet? right now...

message 41: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i kept putting it off because I hate it when a book is really hyped and then it disappoints or its not what you expect...ya know? I should really learn - haha! plus, so many books, so little time

@ Hayley - I heart audiobooks because I have a 25 mile commute each morning that can take anywhere from 40 minutes to 2 hours depending on dc traffic and I hate the majority of the radio stations here

message 42: by Abha (new)

Abha My favorite Sookie book was #4. Followed by 3 & 5. I adore and love Eric. I didn't think the last one was that good though.

message 43: by Abha (new)

Abha And currently reading A Scandalous Marriage and The English Patient.

message 44: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 4477 comments Abha wrote: "My favorite Sookie book was #4. Followed by 3 & 5. I adore and love Eric. I didn't think the last one was that good though."

That last one was tough.

My favorites are #7 & #8. :)

message 45: by Melanie (last edited Feb 09, 2011 12:42PM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1339 comments Abha wrote: "My favorite Sookie book was #4. Followed by 3 & 5. I adore and love Eric. I didn't think the last one was that good though."

Mine was #4, but her last book was disappointing (300 p of fluff that could have been written in 100 p, IMO)!

Rereading The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie Garwood , one of my favorite JGarwoods:-D

@Hayley: what do you think of Ain't She Sweet?? I keep putting it off..

message 46: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) Yeah my next in line for the Sookie series is #4... So hopefully it's a good one.....

@Melanie - Ain't She Sweet is so far so good... I've only gotten into about 100 pages... The main character in the book is a southern belle who grew up with luxuries and now she's not so luxurious going back to her home town where pretty much the whole town dislikes her.... Its been sort of a slow read to start off but it's good.. It was for a challenge of mine so I quit putting it off lol.

message 47: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments Finished Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas and although I enjoyed the book my favorite has to be It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas with Devil in Winter (Wallflowers, #3) by Lisa Kleypas coming in close second :)...I still have to read A Wallflower Christmas (Wallflowers, #5) by Lisa Kleypas . Also read Restless Hearts (Love Inspired) by Marta Perry and I was a little iffy in the beginning about the Amish theme but the author made it work!! Going to start The Ideal Wife (Dark Angel, #5)  by Mary Balogh .

message 48: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments DNF'd a Julia Quinn - Ten Things I Love About You. I can see why people like her so much but that style of HR is just not for me.

Finished When Beauty Tamed the Beast. (I absolutely love these fairytales) and am now reading The Duke, which is really quite good as well.

message 49: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments I wasn't a fan of JQ's Ten Things I hate About You - her last few books have just gone downhill...her brigerton series isn't too bad though

message 50: by Tammy (new)

Tammy Walton Grant (tamgrant) | 194 comments Hi Dee - I've tried a couple of hers now and, while I find them funny with some excellent flirting and banter between the H/h, not much else to hold my interest.

« previous 1 3 4 5