Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

II. Publishing & Marketing Tips > EXTENDING A PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY TO FELLOW FANTASY AUTHORS

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by George (new)

George Straatman I would like to extend an invitation to fellow group fantasy authors to submit information on their novels that I would then post on the blog section of my author website...if they could provide a synopsis, a cover jpeg and any links to their own site...I will gladly post these on my site...I'm hoping that we can develop a mutual beneficial culture of reciprocal cross-promotion that will help spread the word on the many wonderful works of fantasy that are our there and just waiting to be discovered. If anyone is interested in this, they could send their material to geolouicewind@yahoo.ca and it will be posted at the first possible opportunity on www.georgestraatman.com...I there are any other ideas on cross promotion that other fantasy authors have, I hope they will post them for consideration.

message 2: by Patricia (last edited Feb 07, 2011 07:59AM) (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 240 comments Velvet Ball and The Broken Fairy (Series Novel) by Patricia Puddle Velvet Ball and The Broken Fairy

Hi, George. I've written a fantasy story for kids aged eight to twelve, but adults have told me they enjoyed it too. It's a paperback and an eBook. That's the cover and link above. I would love to send you the synopsis. Actually, anyone can read a free sample on book seller sites.

I'm now writing the sequel. I would do the same for you on my blog too.

message 3: by George (new)

George Straatman The first step toward developing an eternal love for the fantasy genre can be taken by a child reading youth and children's fantasy. I believe that the fantasy authors' community can work together to foster this passion. Your novel fits the bill so send your material to the e-mail listed above and I will post it in the next few days on my author's blog (www.georgestraatman.com). Be sure to include a synopsis, cover and any site links you would like to include. I will gladly take you up on your offer to reciprocate.

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 240 comments Thanks George. I'll do that tomorrow. It's nearly 3.00 am here in Australia, so I'll do that first thing in the morning. It's been a busy day today.

I'm working on the sequel to my fantasy novel. I usually write contemporary fiction for children, but have found writing fantasy is just like you say. There's more freedom. You can let your imagination run wild. I love it.

When I send mine, you can forward yours to me and I’ll post it on my blog.

Thanks George. What a great idea.

message 5: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Goldin (stephengoldin) | 49 comments Hi George. I'd like to offer up my 4-book Arabian Nights-style fantasy series, the Parsina Saga:

Shrine of the Desert Mage (Parsina Saga,#1) by Stephen Goldin The Storyteller and the Jann Volume II of The Parsina Saga by Stephen Goldin Crystals of Air and Water (Parsina Saga,# 3) by Stephen Goldin Treachery of the Demon King (Parsina Saga,#4) by Stephen Goldin

I'd be happy to give you a reciprocal mention on my own blog.

message 6: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 240 comments George, is that a .ca at the end of your email? Or is it .com?

message 7: by George (new)

George Straatman .ca...I'm from the other end of the good old British Empire here in Canada!

message 8: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Puddle (trishapuddle) | 240 comments Hahaha, silly me. I'll send my email now. I'm from a place down under. :)

message 9: by George (new)

George Straatman Hello...I just wanted to follow up on this post...I've posted three authors thus far and intend to post more. I really think there is legitmate value to be had by embarking a a reciprocal cross-promotion that benefits the genre and authors who create within it...I'm going to open this up beyond the original epic-fantasy restriction and include ya fantasy, urban fantasy and horror...If you include your a cover jpeg, synopsis, and author site and purchase links...I will post these on my website blog...I've created a promo sheet of my own that I have sent to those who wish to reciprocate...it includes the above as well as a press kit Q&A...I've included all of these in a word document that is easy for the poster to manipulate...The idea is building a network of author cross promotion, but reciprocating is not strictly necessary...I intend to carry this forward so it is something you can come back to as you develop new creative fiction projects.

message 10: by Kait Neese (new)

Kait Neese Mason (kaitneesemason) | 15 comments Hey everyone! My name is Kait and I am a author/marketer, deadly combination (smile). One of my personal goals is to educate authors on how to use Amazon to promote their books. As we all know Amazon is a force you can not ignore. Ironically though I believe goodreads (more so than Amazon) to be one of the best places for sharing information on the subject . I have often found that the Amazon Discussion Boards can be a not so friendly place and unfortunately many authors fall victim to "cyber-bulling". None of that here!

For the last few weeks I was attending the Taipei International Book Fair in Taiwan and let me tell you the desire to distribute foreign books into the U.S (as well as bring American "English" books into their region) is HUGE! It is all very exciting. One thing I noted which I felt everyone should know is that Amazon is the go to site for Foreign Rights buyers! Yup you heard me. Basically foreign publishing companies are realizing the value of Amazon and how it can essentially be used as a search engine when looking for new titles for rights purchasing. Having an amazon presence is more crucial now than ever as the site will only grow in the proceeding month/years in popularity.

That being said I wanted to let you all know I have created a blog to which I will be making 2 new posts a week all relating to Amazon. This blog will cover marketing tips, facts, and general information about Amazon. My aim is to help educate authors on using Amazon as this site should be treated by an author just as you would Facebook or Twitter. Social Media baby! ITS HERE TO STAY! Below is the link to my new blog! Hope you enjoy it and please feel free to leave comments!

How to Use Amazon to Promote Your Published Book
http://amazonauthors.blogspot.com/

Kait

message 11: by Lenore (new)

Lenore Wolfe | 51 comments George wrote: "I would like to extend an invitation to fellow group fantasy authors to submit information on their novels that I would then post on the blog section of my author website...if they could provide a ..."

As soon as I get my website back up I'd love to participate. Look for me to extend my link next week:)

message 12: by Lenore (new)

Lenore Wolfe | 51 comments You have inspired me. I would love to do the same on the following websites as I finish them over the next several days. Though I may be promoting with some advertising space for authors in the future, I would love to list the books of fellow Goodread authors for free. Advice I've seen here has helped me tremendously. I have seen so many here willing to help one another, and I would like to pay it forward. I have no idea how well these websites will do, but I intend to give it my all and will likely be looking to you all for help and advice since I have never tried to do this before last year, when my first site was hacked and taken down.

The first sight carries all types of novels, and the second two are romance and paranormal romance. I am working on attaching a bookstore with links back to where the books are located, such as smash words and and amazon. I will also be putting up a fantasy website in the near future. I intend to ask fellow readers to do reviews for one another. If you would like me to list your book or books on any of these sites please let me know at Lenoraporch@yahoo.com

message 13: by Lenore (new)

Lenore Wolfe | 51 comments Dark Warrior Dark Warrior by Lenora Porch

Thank you