The Bookends discussion

Previous Group Reads > The Tea Rose and The Insider

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tasha, Moderator (new)

Tasha | 239 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

Please feel free to post your comments on the January's reads!

I really enjoyed them both. I wrote my feedback for both under my read books!

Tasha

message 2: by Jocelin (new)

Jocelin I just finished reading "The Tea Rose" by Jennifer Donnelly. All I can say is that it was absolutely amazing. I really enjoyed reading it and I thought that it was great. It was an epic tale of love, loss, determination, tragedy and justice.

message 3: by Lindsay, Moderator (new)

Lindsay (ltg584) | 478 comments Mod
I had never heard of The Tea Rose or its author before, and I am so grateful to having the chance to read this book!
I immediately fell in love with the characters, and loved to hate the villains. I laughed and cried, and am a sucker for a happy ending.
Well written, my imagination was able to draw that which I have never seen. In parts, it may have been predictable but I found I couldn't put it down, feeling helpless to stop the unfortunate circumstances that befell the heroine.
I never had the opportunity to read The Insider, as my library did not have a copy. I think I may have to pick up a copy and donate it.

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit I read The Tea Rose a few years ago and just loved it, along with the sequel The Winter Rose. The final book in the trilogy is due out later this year. The Wild Rose.

message 5: by Tasha, Moderator (new)

Tasha | 239 comments Mod
I wasn't sure if it was a trilogy or not. Good to know, looking forward to reading it.