Kindleboards.com discussion

Posting Our Books?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keryl (new)

Keryl Raist (kerylraist) | 6 comments Would it annoy anyone if those of us who are authors post our books in the bookshelf section?

message 2: by Keryl (new)

Keryl Raist (kerylraist) | 6 comments So, by the total lack of response, I'm going to guess the answer is no.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth Mathison | 3 comments Hi Keryl: Please excuse my ignorance -- I'm newer to Goodreads. Are you referring to a bookshelf here?

message 4: by Keryl (new)

Keryl Raist (kerylraist) | 6 comments Yep. If you look to the right there's a bookshelf, I posted my book there.

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Mathison | 3 comments Gotcha -- thanks! I'll post my short stories there, too. If it's violating some kind of protocol, hopefully someone will let us know!

message 6: by Carla (new)

Carla JFCL (stellamaz) Keryl, I would love for authors to do that; I have found so many good books on this site, and that is just another way to do it.

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Nilles (amsaph) | 2 comments Thanks for the bookshelf opportunity. I've added mine.

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Borgne (cinders23) | 1 comments Thanks I'm new and a Kindle fan/author. I will add mine too.

message 9: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hanna | 1 comments I'm pretty new to Goodreads. I've added my book to the bookshelf, and will take a look at the others. Thanks!

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 1 comments Found several I'll be adding to my list! I've added mine too. :)

message 11: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen I added mine. They are: Not To Us and Seeing Julia.
Genre: women's fiction

message 12: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 3 comments oh goodie. This has me excited. I really feel a loyalty to goodreads authors who post on the groups. That's why when I read a good one I send recommendations all over the place.

message 13: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 3 comments I wish there were a way to have a second bookshelf just for goodreads authors. How else will we know if it's a goodreads author without reading the book's whole description?

message 14: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen Author name and added by (usually the author) would be a good place to start...I think. KO

I could really use some reviews...here and elsewhere online. Just sayin'.

message 15: by Karen B. (new)

Karen B. (raggedy11) | 3 comments Katherine,
I just bought the Julia book. I can't promise how soon you'll get a review, but it's in my Kindle. I feel sort of obligated to finish my giveaway books first and review them.

BTW I love your covers, so "beach readish". Did you have a professional photographer do them? They are so full of light and inviting.

message 16: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen Okay, do the giveaways first. Thank you for buying Seeing Julia; I'm touched! Thank you for loving the book covers! I spent a lot of time trying to get them just right. Seeing Julia is from two different photographs. I wanted it to look like a painting...a surreal kind of thing. Okay, I'll stop. KO

message 17: by Keryl (new)

Keryl Raist (kerylraist) | 6 comments Karen B wrote: "I wish there were a way to have a second bookshelf just for goodreads authors. How else will we know if it's a goodreads author without reading the book's whole description?"

Click on the name of the author. Usually it will say somewhere on the author profile if it's a goodreads author. If you click on my profile it will say up on the right top Goodreads Author Profile.

If you have a list of books, usually ones with Goodreads authors have a little asterisk next to the author's name.

Hope that helps.

message 18: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Owen Okay "Not To Us" is also by me (a goodreads author) however, there is a print version and an ebook version. It doesn't show the asterisk and I see I need to figure out why. (There's a feed from Amazon for the print books and I'm not sure Goodreads updates it once they pull the data the first time.) My metadata is updated to: Katherine Owen which is the profile where all my info. is. Okay, really done now. Thanks!

message 19: by Michele (new)

Michele Stegman (goodreadscommichelestegman) | 3 comments Karen B wrote: "oh goodie. This has me excited. I really feel a loyalty to goodreads authors who post on the groups. That's why when I read a good one I send recommendations all over the place."
That is so sweet of you!

message 20: by Joan (new)

Joan Reeves (joanreeves) | 9 comments Hi, I'm going to try to add my books to the bookshelf, but I'll probably screw it up. I can't even figure out how to add a book to my Profile page so it shows up as a book I wrote, not as a book I'm reading. I've read the instructions, but it doesn't happen when I try it. Is it me or is Goodreads just hard to navigate?

message 21: by Joan (new)

Joan Reeves (joanreeves) | 9 comments Wow! That was easy. I only added the ebook editions that are currently available.

Why isn't it that easy to claim a book as one I wrote?

message 22: by Gina (new)

Gina (gina_robinson) | 1 comments I just found out about this group when an author on one of my yahoogroups mentioned it. What a great idea for a group! I added my indie book and plan on checking out the other books on the shelf.

message 23: by Joan (new)

Joan Reeves (joanreeves) | 9 comments Hi, Gina, I'm a newcomer to, but I thought I'd welcome you just the same. *G*

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello everyone. I'm new..

message 25: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Cartmell | 1 comments Hi, I saw this group mentioned on the Kindle forum, so came over and joined. I have posted my two books on the bookshelf, Steps to Heaven and 40 Days 40 Nights, both Sgt Major Crane crime novels, set on Aldershot Garrison.

message 26: by Jessa (new)

Jessa Callaver (jessa_callaver) | 2 comments Anyone interested in a review swap?

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Mondello (lisamondello) | 2 comments Hi all! I checked out the books you all have listed and added mine. I'm still getting my feet wet with Goodreads and, truth be known, I don't even know how to find the Kindleboards, so I'm hoping by lurking and reading everyones posts I can get up to speed. I'll be checking back to see what new books you all add.

message 28: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Unsworth (mamahathaway) | 1 comments Hello everyone, I have just been invited to join this group and have added my book 'The Palaver Tree' to the bookshelf. I look forward to checking out some of the others listed!

message 29: by Roger (new)

Roger Weston | 2 comments Just discovered this group because I've been unable to log on to Kindleboards. Looks like a great group here. I've added my books to the bookshelf. Thanks!