Harlequin Presents Readers discussion

Food for Thought > Which HP books are you anxiously awaiting?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 109 (109 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 2277 comments Mod
Here are mine:

Red Hot Renegade by Kelly Hunter
Secrets of the Oasis by Abby Green
Prince Voronov's Virgin (will have different US title) by Lynn Raye Harris
Devil Wears Kolovsky by Carol Marinelli

message 2: by Slaveforomance (new)

Slaveforomance | 68 comments I read the available chapter of Mills and Boon's The Proud Wife by Kate Walker and it sounds intriguing.

So is next month's HP -- Girl's Guide to Flirting With Danger by Kimberly Lang.

message 3: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments Sara Craven, Kelly Hunter, Anne Mather.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 2277 comments Mod
I haven't read a lot of Anne Mather lately, but I have a couple of keepers by her on my shelf.

message 5: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments anxiously waiting for the next 3 lynne graham books in her new trilogy...read the latest anne mather, it was meh.....the heroine made some stupid comment two times alluding to the fact that she was black...that book was so not believable, even for an HP

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Wow! A black heroine in the HPs. Almost makes it worth reading.

message 7: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Danielle, turns out that the heroine was only 1/4 black at the end of the story....spoiler.....was given to a black family when she was born and they left the island to go and live in england....come on her adoptive fam was 100% black and she could not figure out they were not her "real" fam .....

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Yeah, that's kind of weird. Maybe HP will open their minds and have more non-white heroines more often.

message 9: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments have you read their kimani lines.....some of the harlequin desires have spanish heroines in them...though rarely .....their is also a Eurasian heroine in next months collection

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

Vashti, I find the Kimanis kind of dry. I know that sounds horrible. They don't hold up to the HPs for me. Is the book with the Eurasian heroine by Kelly Hunter? I'm looking forward to her book.

message 11: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments that is the one...looks good

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I'm so excited to read that book. I fell in love with Jake when I read Untameable Rogue. And I liked Jianne too.

message 13: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments never read that book.....there is also one comming up that i read ion the mills and boon site where the heroine shows up on the hero's doorstep and tells him that she is preg with his child even though they never slept with each other...turns out that there was a mixup at the fertility clinic and she was inseminated with the wrong sperm or the wrong fertilized donor sperm and egg was inseminated ....hero is a widower.....kind of iffy on this one like the baby to be the H/h only....

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I prefer for the heroine to be pregnant by the hero as well.

message 15: by Slaveforomance (new)

Slaveforomance | 68 comments Trish Morey's book is very different. The h is married/maybe in the process of a divorce (she's Mrs.) and the H is a widower. Now, she has become a pseudo surrogate. Its a little too convoluted that it seems to be one of those books with too many problems and not enough romance with a quick ending.

It already gave me a headache reading the first chapter.

Let me know if you liked this book when you read it.

message 16: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments will proab not read this one even though I do like TM's books, pass on this

message 17: by Trish (new)

Trish Morey | 10 comments Slaveforomance wrote: "Trish Morey's book is very different. The h is married/maybe in the process of a divorce (she's Mrs.) and the H is a widower. Now, she has become a pseudo surrogate. Its a little too convoluted ..."

Sorry to hear that Slave. I've had so many wonderful reader emails on this one saying they couldn't put it down. So sorry it didn't work for you. I have had readers saying it was different, and that was part of the reason they like it, and gosh, it was a different challenge dealing with two people who had been married, one so recently. So I guess it's horses for courses.

Great to have feedback though. Thanks so much for taking the time. Always interesting to hear reader thoughts.

Best wishes,

Trish Morey

message 18: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Read Chantelle Shaw's new book "UNTOUCHED UNTILL MARRIAGE " and Abby Green's " IN CHRISTOFIDES KEEPING" both really good, like these two authors books alot

message 19: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Sara Craven's "Wife in the Shadows." Read an excerpt on UK amazon.com's site and it seems interesting. Out May 20.

message 20: by Slaveforomance (new)

Slaveforomance | 68 comments What's Wife in Shadows about?

message 21: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Slaveforomance wrote: "What's Wife in Shadows about?"

Below is the synopsis from the back of the book. The teaser chapter was more engaging than the story description though. Unlike a lot of Sara Craven's heroines, this one seems to be smart and independent and not a doormat. A link to the book is here as well http://www.amazon.co.uk/reader/026388...

The Private Face of a Public Marriage

The manipulative machinations of the great Manzini family have locked Elena Blake into marriage. The reluctant groom is Italy's most infamous womanizer, Count Angelo Manzini. In society's spotlight Angelo bestows dutiful kisses on his shy new countess. But behind closed doors, his apparently biddable wife refuses to stay in the shadows . . . Challenged by Elena's definace, Angelo finds himself captivated by the challenge of possessing her!

message 22: by Lemon (last edited Apr 07, 2011 12:10PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Also looking forward to reading "For Duty's Sake" by Lucy Monroe. This is a sheik story that I know not everyone likes, but I gobble them up. Synopsis from back of the book with link below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/026...

The Sheik's Wedding Night Without the Wedding

Angele has longed for her betrothal to Crown Prince Zahir to be consummated within wedlock. She naively hoped her promised husband would wait for her as she would him- but compromising paparazzi photos have dashed those youthful dreams . . . She cannot become Zahir's wife out of duty and endure a loveless union; she must set Zahir free . . . but on one condition. Will the proud Sheik agree to give her the wedding night she has long dreamed of without taking her hand in marriage?

message 23: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments wow these sound great, I love the Sheik stories, have to see when they will be out in the States

message 24: by Slaveforomance (new)

Slaveforomance | 68 comments Thanks for the snippet of the book, Wife in shadows.

I'm not liking the hero at the moment but maybe he can be improved to become a better man.

message 25: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Slaveforomance wrote: "Thanks for the snippet of the book, Wife in shadows.

I'm not liking the hero at the moment but maybe he can be improved to become a better man."

I'll let you know after I read it.

message 26: by Slaveforomance (new)

Slaveforomance | 68 comments You know what Wife in Shadows reminds me of already? My most hated Sara Craven book, The Sanatagelli Marriage or something like that.

It starts off with the hero (married to the heroine in an arranged marriage) cheating with a married woman. See the similarities already. That's why I am getting bad vibes of the new book.

message 27: by Lemon (last edited Apr 07, 2011 06:30PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Slaveforomance wrote: "You know what Wife in Shadows reminds me of already? My most hated Sara Craven book, The Sanatagelli Marriage or something like that.

Eeewww! Sara Craven books can be really good or really bad. It's a love-hate relationship. I'll let you know what I think of this one when I read it next month.

message 28: by Lemon (last edited Apr 10, 2011 07:55PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Mr and Mischief by Kate Hewitt. Synopsis and link to excerpt below. This one involves a story about childhood friends so I am really looking forward to this one.

Will Love Conquer Her Boss?

Beautiful, clever, rich- and determinedly single- Emily Wood is the youngest ever head of HR at her company. Whether dousing corporate fires or matchmaking corporate colleagues, Emily's at the top of her game. Only her handsome, sardonic boss Jason Kingsley appears to be immune to her charms . . .

Jason is used to women falling at his feet, but relationships, with all their illogical demands, are not for him. So why does he find Emily so attractive? She's a highly unsuitable target for his seduction and merger skills - what with her misguided belief in the power of love . . .

The Powerful and Pure- when beauty tames the brooding beast . . .

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Mischief-M...

message 29: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Yeah! my books came in the mail today and I immediately read JESS'S PROMISE by Lynne Graham, loved it......give it a 4.5 stars...somewhat diff from her other books ...this heroine is 30, just shy of being 31 and the hero SPOILER..... having a treminal illness that we don't know about till the very near end of the story.Not an angst book though.Next up is the new Melanie Milburn which is part of her new trilogy ,then the 2nd Carole Mortimer in the St Claire bros series.

message 30: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Lululemon wrote: "Also looking forward to reading "For Duty's Sake" by Lucy Monroe. This is a sheik story that I know not everyone likes, but I gobble them up. Synopsis from back of the book with link below:

http..."

I am looking forward to that one as well!
I like Lucy Monroe's writing style!

I was wondering did any of you read ''The shy bride'' by Lucy Monroe?

I did read her 2nd book from the series.

message 31: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I haven't read The Shy Bride yet, Kouk. Lucy Monroe is a good writer, but she doesn't have enough drama in her HPs for me.

message 32: by Marw (new)

Marw | 3 comments Kouk wrote: "Lululemon wrote: "Also looking forward to reading "For Duty's Sake" by Lucy Monroe. This is a sheik story that I know not everyone likes, but I gobble them up. Synopsis from back of the book with..."

The "Shy Bride" was REALLY boring for me...

message 33: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Me too. I could not really get into the Shy Bride because it was really really boring.

message 34: by Kouk (new)

Kouk | 201 comments Okay, i will skip it then!
Thanks for posting!

message 35: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments same here for me, BORING, did not bother with the sequel...hope her new one is better...love sheikstories...series, ...just ordered the new set of HP'S ,looking foreword to the new carole mortimer [last in the st clare series] and the 2nd book in the melanie milburn series about the Sabatinini bros.

message 36: by Verity (last edited Jun 04, 2011 10:42AM) (new)

Verity | 567 comments Slaveforomance wrote: "You know what Wife in Shadows reminds me of already? My most hated Sara Craven book, The Sanatagelli Marriage or something like that.

It starts off with the hero (married to the heroine in an a..."

Ugh I didn't like SC -The Santangeli marriage. Just read Wife in the shadows a couple days ago. Bettah than TSM by a large margin. Hero does contemplate cheating but changes his mind after setting up seductive dinner date with potential notch on his post. The last one third is a bit bizarro world but all ends well. I just wish the evil bitchy backstabbing marriage wrecker aka viper cousin gets boiled in a cauldron but hey we can't always get wot we want in HPlandia :-V

message 37: by Vashti (new)

Vashti | 732 comments Wow, looks like harlequin has upped their books up to 20 now for the month, looking forward to the new Lynne Graham duet that willbe out in the states in the next couple of months,,can't wait, wish it was't a duet though, not sure if I like this new approach that theyare trying...the books have also gone up in prices.

message 38: by Lemon (last edited Jun 19, 2011 03:27PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Looking forward to reading by The Disgraced Playboy The Disgraced Playboy (Harlequin Presents) by Caitlin Crews by Caitlin Crews, which is to be released as an HP in July.

message 39: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

That does sound good, Lulu. I've been very happy with the Caitlin Crews I've read thus far.

message 40: by Lisa (last edited Jun 20, 2011 09:30PM) (new)

Lisa | 200 comments Lululemon wrote: "Looking forward to reading by The Disgraced Playboy The Disgraced Playboy (Harlequin Presents) by Caitlin Crews by Caitlin Crews, which is to be released as an HP in July."

I have this book in my tbr piles. I am waiting for all the books in this series before i start reading it.

message 41: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I like to pile up books by an author, so I don't run out and then get that horrible feeling of 'no more books!' I know. I have issues! :)

message 42: by Lemon (last edited Sep 03, 2011 03:11PM) (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Craving the Forbidden by India Grey Craving the Forbidden and In Bed with a Stranger by India Grey. This is another one of those two part books that I am really not too fond of, but I am looking forward to reading this because I have enjoyed India Grey's books so far. Hopefully there won't be any nasty surprises in this two part set. Book 1 is available online via Mills & Boon but I prefer to read them both together as I will probably have forgotten everything by the time book 2 comes out next month and I am an instant gratification kind of gal, gotta get the whole story now as I hate suspense.

message 43: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I'm wary of these two parters. I hope it's not going to be an epic fail like the Lynne Graham one.

message 44: by Kate (new)

Kate (kateperegrinate) I'd prefer if they were released as one big book -- a Super Presents -- instead of breaking it into two. There are definitely some stories that need more than 200 pages. Unfortunately, it's usually not the stories that I want to be longer than 200 pages (although I admit I enjoyed the Volakis Vow).

message 45: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I agree, Kate. They used to have the Super Presents books and they were really good.

message 46: by 3meg (new)

3meg | 361 comments I enjoyed the Volakis Vow as well, but read them together as I do not like to wait for the other half. I used to really like those Super Presents Lady D!

message 47: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Harlequin Presents are my crack! (new)

I wish they would bring them back, Megan.

message 48: by Verity (new)

Verity | 567 comments W/ Econ in the dumpster the HP powers that be wanna rob us w/ 2 parter. Nice. I'd stick to my Oldies skyscraper & save my dough for a Coach bag.

message 49: by Lemon (new)

Lemon | 801 comments Mod
Verity wrote: "W/ Econ in the dumpster the HP powers that be wanna rob us w/ 2 parter. Nice. I'd stick to my Oldies skyscraper & save my dough for a Coach bag."

I can dig that plan, Verity.

message 50: by 3meg (last edited Sep 04, 2011 09:23PM) (new)

3meg | 361 comments I'm in ladies:-)

« previous 1 3