Dan Simmons Fans discussion

Vastation

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 60 comments Mod
Simmons stated on his website that he started work on a new novella:

"have started work on a fast, scary, unusual short novel or solid novella I call "Vastation". (Tagline -- 'When all the mirrors in your house go absolutely black, your Vastation is about to begin.')

http://www.dansimmons.com/news/messag...

message 2: by Bondama (new)

Bondama (kerensa) | 41 comments Oh, I LIKE that idea, Matthew... I've heard of clidomancy, which is when all the doors in a room shut by themselves, but "vastation" is new to me.

message 3: by Greg (new)

Greg | 55 comments Just as interesting is the HYPERION news regarding the Shrike...

"Yes. The Shrike will be back.

(Note and caveat: I've vowed never to write another novel in the Hyperion universe and I never will -- I hate publishing infinologies and the inevitable decline in story telling they entail -- but I said nothing about returning to that universe to write the occasional short story or -- perfect for such a tale -- occasional novella. I've not talked to any publisher about it, but I see a book of five intertwined Hyperion-universe tales with the working book title of Shrike Quincunx.)".

message 4: by Bondama (new)

Bondama (kerensa) | 41 comments very, very good -- I've always found that particular universe to be intensely interesting. Simmons' comment reminds of John Varley's early work -- incredible!