Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Nook - The Technical Side > Battery Life on Nook

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I have not been satisfied with the life of the battery in my Nook since I got it in November. I keep it on airplane mode all of the time and am seldom on Wi-Fi. I probably am only getting a couple of days on the battery if I am lucky.

Called Support yesterday and they are sending a new battery that should be here in a couple of days! Glad I called them. Hopefully, I will get more life when the new one in put in.

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) | 8 comments I usually get about 4 days out of mine...I charged it last Wednesday and had to recharge it last night. If I read more it needs more charging.

I'm glad they are sending you a new battery. Hopefully it'll work better.

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz Fichera (lizfichera) I might be the odd one, but I get almost two weeks on a charge. Got my nook last June.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope the new battery makes a difference also, but regardless, I am so addicted to my Nook that I will use it constantly anyway!!

TheReadingKnitter/ Kasey (thereadingknitter) | 8 comments WOW Liz! That's awesome...Wish mine lasted that long. I suspect though that the fact that I'll read it a few minutes and then let it sleep, read a few minutes and etc. may have something to do with why my battery goes down quicker. The longest I sit to read is when I'm going to bed and I'll read for about 30 minutes to an hour.

message 6: by Liz (new)

Liz Fichera (lizfichera) @Kasi, the sleep/use factor might definitely have something to do with it. I never thought about that. I rarely put it in airplane mode to save battery life--unless I'm on an airplane. But when I read, I generally read for long periods.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I also like having it in airplane mode because when I disable it then it automatically hooks up to the internet. Then I just enable it when I am done and it disconnects me. Just saves a step so it isn't a big deal, but I like it.

message 8: by Britney (new)

Britney (tarheels) | 80 comments I have had good luck with my battery life. I can usually go a week without having to charge to it. I read on it constantly. I read instead of watching tv and have still never had a problem. I never thought about keeping it on airplane mode until I need to get on the internet. Can you still buy books with it on that mode? I am going to have to try that.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

No, when you hook up to WiFi you have to disable airplane mode. The Nook tells you to do it if you try to get hook up. New battery came today, so I am going to install it tomorrow. Sure hope it helps!

message 10: by Missyb (new)

Missyb | 221 comments Pat wrote: "No, when you hook up to WiFi you have to disable airplane mode. The Nook tells you to do it if you try to get hook up. New battery came today, so I am going to install it tomorrow. Sure hope it ..."

Hopefully the new battery does better for you. Occasionally a battery goes out that is a dud, in all electronic equipment.

message 11: by Chara (new)

Chara (charalee) Nook color is supposed to have an 8 hour reading time, and I feel like thats pretty accurate. I just got back from a week long vacation and I tried to keep track of it. I think it does pretty well!

message 12: by Jerry (new)

Jerry (jersysman) | 53 comments Chara wrote: "Nook color is supposed to have an 8 hour reading time, and I feel like thats pretty accurate. I just got back from a week long vacation and I tried to keep track of it. I think it does pretty well!"

That is pretty representative about what I get as well. With 1.2, though, I do not receive a warning when the battery is getting low. It just shuts off.

message 13: by Jon (new)

Jon (jonmoss) My Nook Color needs charging about every 2-3 days, but that's probably because I use it quite a bit. I did notice that for the first two weeks I owned it I only had to charge it once a week or so because I was listening to an audiobook, which doesn't require the backlight to be on. Now that I'm actually reading novels for long periods of time (3-4 hours a day), then I have to charge it more frequently.

How 'long' is a Nook Color battery good for? How many recharges can it handle? And how difficult is it to replace the batter?

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael My understanding is the battery on the Nook color isn't replaceable. When I asked how long the battery lasts and what happens when it runs down, the woman who sold me the devices said she didn't know because it hasn't been out long enough for a battery to die. She then suggested I buy an extended warranty!

Does anyone know if the animated page turns uses more of the battery?

message 15: by Scott (new)

Scott (desmo1121) | 1 comments They say... the battery with last up to 5000 charges. Charge Once a day, that will last almost twelve years... the chances of you still having the same device that long is very rare. Yes, animation and games will drain the battery. Page turns much less than the games.

message 16: by Anne (new)

Anne (annecurrin) | 16 comments Ok, not sure if this a battery issue or what...but I noticed today, the clock on my Nook Originial is abotu 4 hours behind the correct time. My Nook is only about 6 weeks old. Is there a possible problem?!?

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Borders (Chrissythebookjunkie) Since the new upgrade, has anyone been experiencing thier NookColor restarting on its own out of no where?

message 18: by Christy (new)

Christy | 2 comments I had mine fully charged on Tuesday and by wednesday afternoon it was down to 52% in airplane mode. Is this normal?

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael I haven't noticed my Nook Color restarting on its own.

Christy: How long had you read for between Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon? The battery only lasts for about eight hours so if you read for about four hours then it sounds normal.