Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > I really fell off the wagon!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dannielle (new)

Dannielle Insalaco | 51 comments It started when I picked up A Discovery of Witches and The Weird Sisters on Friday. Then I ordered The Red Garden, Little Princes, Enchanted Ivy and Swamplandia. Then I purchased The Fates Will Find Their Way, How to Read the Air, To the End of the Land, The Long Song and Bitter in the Mouth!! I need to find a support group...ASAP!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments Well, you can link up with me, Dani! We can support each other, but not in the right direction. Support groups are supposed to curb the enabling -- we'd flunk right off the bat! The newest examples of my addiction are THE WEIRD SISTERS (Eleanor Brown), PICTURES OF YOU (Caroline Leavitt), and DEEP DOWN TRUE (Juliette Fay who wrote SHELTER ME). Let's read!

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) I am really trying.

I bought Caroline's book, and I might have to look for the Weird Sisters and Hoffmann's new one. I bought La Bella Lingua: My Love Affair with Italian, the World's Most Enchanting Language for my e-reader, and I might buy Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption next. I look at that as a book that we both can read.

message 4: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Ugh...."had" to have Caroline's new one, of course. Dh made a comment recently about the amount of books growing, lol. Yes, let's read!

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Maybe we can have Caroline's book as one of our monthly reads, and invite her to lead a discussion.

message 6: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) Funny you bring this up Dannielle. I've started my reading journal for the new year in the spirit of The Polysyllabic Spree. Listing number of books in vs. books out so to speak. This month 9 books in 6 books out.

February I might have more out than in!! So far so good anyway.

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary | 236 comments That sounds like a great possibility, Carol. That's a book I'm eager to read, and Caroline seems pretty fan-friendly so might be up for that!

message 8: by Stacey (last edited Feb 06, 2011 08:11PM) (new)

Stacey I'll bet she'd be thrilled to do it! Maybe next month?

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I bet Caroline would do it, too. We should wait to ask her until after her book tour is finished, though, because that is keeping her very busy. I'm really looking forward to reading her book.