Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Carol's January 2011

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7794 comments Three books read, but all winners.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larssen. (4/5)
The Burying Place by Brian Freeman.
Bad Blood by John Sandford. (5/5)

message 2: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Three really good ones beat a bunch of so-so ones every time!

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14214 comments Good month Carol!! Three as good as those is a perfect month! I think I must finally break down and read another series since "everyone" seems to love Brian Freeman's books. (it seems crazy to add to my "must read" series, but ...) so I added the first book, Immoral to my To Read shelf, requested the audio from the library (not sure when I could get to it though) and a Kindle sample is on the way.
Not to belabor the eBook pricing conversation, but why with the pb coming out at $6.99 on March 11 is the Kindle title of The Burying Place still $11.99? At least the rest of the Kindle versions are the same price as the pb on Amazon. Perhaps Macmillan is milking the price until then.

message 4: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments You had such an awesome month! I loved all three of these books. Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest yesterday. Sad to have it end.

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2943 comments Dawn wrote: "You had such an awesome month! I loved all three of these books. Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest yesterday. Sad to have it end."
Book 2 is driving me right to book 3 too.

message 6: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments What a treat you have in store for you. I liked book 3 better than 2!

message 7: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3570 comments Barry wrote: "Dawn wrote: "You had such an awesome month! I loved all three of these books. Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest yesterday. Sad to have it end."
Book 2 is driving me right to boo..."

best way to read them- book 3 starts right where book 2 left off.

message 8: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I loved book 3! So sad that it ended.