Books and more books discussion

Archives 2011 > February 2011 Buys

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I bought these yesterday at Walmart using some of the money my aunt gave me for my birthday:
The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) by Julie Kagawa The Iron Queen (Iron Fey, #3) by Julie Kagawa

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I'm going to save my money this month

message 3: by Starzee (new)

Starzee *Sigh* I'm soooo broke it's not funny. So probably no buys for me this month

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) yeah i'm trying to save money

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I am sorry, but I think it is kinda funny when you guys kept buying books left and right, but now you guys can't. I limit to at least one special thing or how much to spend each paycheck I receive for a dvd, book, game, or anything else.

message 6: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Hahaha! Yuo're so right. I'm an impulsive buyer.

I need to break that habit, and fast! Haha, I'm going to start budgeting =D

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Hahaha! Yuo're so right. I'm an impulsive buyer.

I need to break that habit, and fast! Haha, I'm going to start budgeting =D"

Plus, lately, I have been helping my mom with contributing for some groceries so it is sometimes good to indulge for myself once in a while.

message 8: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 5 comments Hmmm.....I have a huge list of books that I want to get but I want to make sure I have enough to get a bunch at one time. I really don't like spending all my money all at once because then I don't have any the next time I go out.

I spend when it is my day off usually. LOL

message 9: by Starzee (new)

Starzee LOL okie, I've made myself a pact!

I am not going to buy anymore books until I have read every single book I own. I have a tendancy to rush out and buy them, but then forget to read them. So no more until I get through the pile! Which happens to be over 150 books LOL.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) lol I know I said I was saveing my money but I went out a bought some books

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I bought from Wal-Mart
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare

From Half Price
Vampire, Interrupted (Argeneau, #9) by Lynsay Sands An Independent Woman by Candace Camp Full Moon Rising (Riley Jenson Guardian, #1) by Keri Arthur Face the Fire (Three Sisters Island, #3) by Nora Roberts Steamed (Steampunk Romance, #1) by Katie MacAlister The Gathering (Immortals, #4) by Jennifer Ashley Night Pleasures (Dark-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

From the library
Dark Needs at Night's Edge (Immortals After Dark, #5) by Kresley Cole Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4) by Christine Feehan Predatory Game (GhostWalkers, #6) by Christine Feehan Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2) by Kelley Armstrong

message 12: by Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) (last edited Feb 13, 2011 03:33PM) (new)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Also from HPS
Holiday with a Vampire III Sundown\Nothing Says Christmas Like a Vampire\Unwrapped by Linda Winstead Jones

Amy ~Lover of Books~ If we are counting library also, here is what I got so far:
Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus The Body Finder (The Body Finder, #1) by Kimberly Derting

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Yeah I bought mine from the library

message 15: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Oh, ex rentals?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Yeah I bought mine from the library"

Oh I checked The Body Finder, Shadow Hills, and Delirium out from my library. I got paid this week so I don't know what I am going to buy yet from this paycheck.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Oh, ex rentals?"

No when they get books from people sometimes the sell them

message 18: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Okie I know I said I wouldn't buy anymore books until I've read my huge pile. BUT... I was given a Borders gift card for xmas and right now Borders have administrators assessing whether it's worth keeping the NZ branches open so I had to rush out and spend it LOL

So far I only bought Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie and Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis
That took half of my voucher =D

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) yeah I want to go out today to our Borders cause it is closing but my mom doesn't want to

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "yeah I want to go out today to our Borders cause it is closing but my mom doesn't want to"

It sucks Borders is in trouble. The Blockbuster by me is closing too. Anyways, Carrie Ryan is suppose to be at my Borders next month so I don't know now. I might go to Andersen's bookshop instead to meet Rachel Hawkins or someone else.

message 21: by Starzee (new)

Starzee I' rather meet Rachel Hawkins. Her Hex Hall book was awesome!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "I' rather meet Rachel Hawkins. Her Hex Hall book was awesome!"

I loved Hex Hall and I cannot wait for Demonglass to come out!

message 23: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "I' rather meet Rachel Hawkins. Her Hex Hall book was awesome!"

I loved Hex Hall and I cannot wait for Demonglass to come out!"

Same! I think it's actually out. I thought it was released on the 15th Feb

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "I' rather meet Rachel Hawkins. Her Hex Hall book was awesome!"

Same! I think it'..."

I think it got moved to March 1st here in the US at least that is what Amazon is saying.

message 25: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Oh well if it got moved in the US then it probably got moved here as well.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I'm going to be buying Pretty little liares

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "I' rather meet Rachel Hawkins. Her Hex Hall book was awesome!"

Sa..."

yeah it is out here in the US

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I got an ARC of Wither from my work today because I was talking to a woman who orders all the YA books on upcoming releases and she let me look at the computer. I saw Wither was on there and she said if I wanted an ARC of it and I said okay. I seriously did not know the library sometimes gets ARCs of upcoming books. Next time, she will show me any other ARCs we have because I did not have time for her to show me today cause I was heading out the door.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I just bought from the library
Veil of Midnight (Midnight Breed, #5) by Lara Adrian Spell of the Highlander (Highlander, #7) by Karen Marie Moning Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2) by Gena Showalter Born to be Bad (B.A.D. Series Related) by Sherrilyn Kenyon The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4) by Gena Showalter

Amy ~Lover of Books~ I bought these for the kindle app on my computer last night:
Falling From Grace (Grace, #1) by S.L. Naeole Bird Song (Grace, #2) by S.L. Naeole Black Halo (Grace, #3) by S.L. Naeole Grace of Day (Grace Series) by S.L. Naeole

These books were 2.99 each on the kindle and cheaper than buying the actual book. I bought the whole series for almost 12 dollars which is almost the price of one book.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 13 comments Even though I told myself I wouldn't be buying any new books for awhile I still ended up picking up a few. I had to get the latest in the series I am reading and I can't ever pass up good deals when books go on sale, oh well though, it isn't like they will go to waste.

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 13 comments Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "I bought these for the kindle app on my computer last night:
Falling From Grace (Grace, #1) by S.L. NaeoleBird Song (Grace, #2) by S.L. NaeoleBlack Halo (Grace, #3) by S.L. NaeoleGrace of Day (Grace Series) by S.L. Naeole

Thes..."

I heard that was a great series. I haven't tried them yet but I know lots of people that have. I love some of the Indie authors I have found in the last year or so, really talented writing.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Mlpmom wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "I bought these for the kindle app on my computer last night:
Falling From Grace (Grace, #1) by S.L. NaeoleBird Song (Grace, #2) by S.L. NaeoleBlack Halo (Grace, #3) by S.L. Naeole[bookcover:Gra..."

I bought it because I a lot of good reviews of these books on Amazon and on here.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) I just bought from BN
Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells A Werewolf in Manhattan by Vicki Lewis Thompson Blood of the Rose (The Tudor Vampire Chronicles, #2) by Kate Pearce Guilty Pleasures (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Laughing Corpse (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter, #2) by Laurell K. Hamilton

message 36: by Starzee (new)

Starzee Gah I'm so jealous of all your buys! I haven't had time to go to the bookstore at all! I'be been busy running around looking for a house to rent and applying for dozens of jobs.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Yeah this is the most I ever bought in a month

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Went to Borders yesterday and bought
Vampire Beach - Bloodlust and Initiation (Vampire Beach) by Alex Dubal Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) by Lisa McMann I'm the Vampire, That's Why (Broken Heart Vampires, #1) by Michele Bardsley Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey Guardian, #2) by Katie MacAlister Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey Guardian, #4) by Katie MacAlister In the Company of Vampires (Dark ones #8, Ben and Fran #3) by Katie MacAlister How To Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1) by Kerrelyn Sparks The Undead Next Door (Love At Stake, #4) by Kerrelyn Sparks

and the other day at HPB
Moon Called (Mercedes Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress Series #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 13 comments You have gotten a lot of great books! I love the Mercy Thompson series and the Night Huntress series is also fabulous.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Mlpmom wrote: "You have gotten a lot of great books! I love the Mercy Thompson series and the Night Huntress series is also fabulous."

Yeah I like mercy series too

message 41: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 5 comments Oh you are making me want to go out and buy more books!!! LOL. I love to read and I have to say that it has been nice checking out books from the library because then I can read it first before adding it to my huge (already) list of books that I need to get. I love the idea that you are sharing your books because it gives me an idea on what books I want to read. :P

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Elaine wrote: "Oh you are making me want to go out and buy more books!!! LOL. I love to read and I have to say that it has been nice checking out books from the library because then I can read it first before a..."

I am giving my library my old books that i'm not going to read anymore

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Elaine wrote: "Oh you are making me want to go out and buy more books!!! LOL. I love to read and I have to say that it has been nice checking out books from the library because then I can read it first before a..."

That is what I kinda do too. I just hate wasting money on stuff I would not enjoy.

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Elaine wrote: "Oh you are making me want to go out and buy more books!!! LOL. I love to read and I have to say that it has been nice checking out books from the library because then I can read it..."

I know same here and then I try to pass them off to my friends lol

message 45: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 5 comments I feel so lost in all the series of books that you talk about. What is the blue bloods about? What about the Mercy Thompson series? I am so lost in what books to even acquire from the library to read or to add them in my inventory at home.

Can anyone give some really good series to start reading? I would love to read some of these books that you talk about so I don't feel so out of the loop. Thanks guys you are so awesome!!! I love this discussion board even though I don't seem to be on it very often. I am trying to do better :) Also, are you worried about the content in the books or does the content really matter? Sorry for all of the questions.

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Elaine wrote: "I feel so lost in all the series of books that you talk about. What is the blue bloods about? What about the Mercy Thompson series? I am so lost in what books to even acquire from the library to..."

What genres do you like to read in books?

Amy ~Lover of Books~ ❥☪LIZZ☪❥ wrote: "Amy ~Book Lover~ wrote: "Elaine wrote: "Oh you are making me want to go out and buy more books!!! LOL. I love to read and I have to say that it has been nice checking out books from the library b..."

Lol! My eldest brother keeps asking me when I am going to get my own kindle ever since he got one a couple weeks ago. I just don't know if I want it because if it is like reading ebooks on the computer, then my vision gets distorted when I read for long periods of time.

message 48: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 5 comments I have enjoyed the YA genre as well as most anything else but western. I haven't really got into the vampire stuff other than the twilight series and as of late "The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare! I loved those books :) I am interested in getting lots of books that I think that would be interesting but not full of gore, violence, and sexual content. I prefer rather clean reads if possible :) Any suggestions would be great!!!

message 49: by Elaine (new)

Elaine | 5 comments With my last comment...I would be interesting in trying some of the books that have the same kind of things like the Mortal instrument books have... I do love fantasy books but I haven't read many books that involved vampires, fairies, shapeshifters, etc. Again, I would like to widen my area of reading to really see what I could really like and not like. Thanks guys for everything....you guys are amazing!!!