10,000 members discussion

Gay Marriage

Comments Showing 1-50 of 434 (434 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 350 comments Branching off into another debate thread ..

Personally, being bisexual myself, I would love to see gay marriage become legal in all the states.

message 2: by Selin (new)

Selin | 57 comments im not bisexual, but cmon, it should have never been illegal...

βҽϲκαӏίη (beckergurl) | 259 comments marrige is meant for a MAN and a WOMAN. not MAN-MAN or WOMAN-WOMAN. i think its wrong.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not gay or bi but I believe people have their rights to marry who they love. But just don't try to force me to be gay. It's just wrong if someone does that

βҽϲκαӏίη (beckergurl) | 259 comments who forces other people to be gay?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

idk but if there are people like that out there then that's just wrong

βҽϲκαӏίη (beckergurl) | 259 comments if there are, then yes thats wrong.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

yupp

βҽϲκαӏίη (beckergurl) | 259 comments but...i still think gay marrige shouldnt be legal.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

well that's your opinion

message 11: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 350 comments You cannot "influence" or "make" someone be gay. That's one of the silliest things I've heard.

You can teach a child about it, no problem. It won't make them less heterosexual, if they are. The fact that someone is gay happens during the development in the mother's womb, or occurs within the first few months of life. The mother might release certain hormones while bearing the child, or the fetus might experience different things while inside the mother. But you don't know that you're gay/lebain/bisexual until later on. For me, it was the age of 10. Some people know that they were gay since they were 4, others found out when they were 48.

People don't "become" gay or lesbian if they are "desperate." But teens can naturally be bi-curious. Some things work, some things don't. I knew about my sexual orientation before I met my loving and supportive boyfriend.

There's nothing wrong for a guy to like breasts, yes? Yet there is a problem when a woman does? .. Some people often tell me that only men and women are compatible, SPECIFICALLY due to the mechanics of the body. But gender shouldn't be limited to what you have between your legs. I'm a girl, but I take on a guy-ish outlook. In fact, I don't like to call myself bisexual.

.. if I were to be in a Native American tribe (I love the Native Americans!), I would probably be called a Two-Spirit. That is, someone that plays the roles of both genders. Physically, I am not transgendered. But mentally, I like to see myself as a neutral. Or both.

Those are some of the broad misconceptions.

message 12: by iPlayOboe (new)

iPlayOboe not ***sweet-ish***FISHY anymore | 1085 comments Mod
THats an interesting thought, I know a gay guy and he is awesome. I'm not gay ( i'm pretty sure) but gay marriages should never have been illegal. Youshould have the right to marry who you love.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

^^that's what i say

message 14: by Selin (new)

Selin | 57 comments totally, love is love. marrige happens with two people, thats all, wether man-man, woman-woman or man-woman

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate Duerksen It should be legal! It's not fair for a gay or bi-sexuall person not be aloud to marry who they love. It's like saying that either be straight or leave.

message 16: by Selin (new)

Selin | 57 comments TOTALLY!

message 17: by Selin (new)

Selin | 57 comments of what?

message 18: by TheMadHatter (new)

TheMadHatter (aristophanes) | 88 comments Okay I'm transgender and I think I'm also bisexual because I'm attracted to both men and women.

message 19: by Selin (new)

Selin | 57 comments well, good for you!

message 20: by TheMadHatter (new)

TheMadHatter (aristophanes) | 88 comments Lolz

message 21: by iPlayOboe (new)

What exactly is transgender? Does that mean you have all those surgeries?????? Have u had them???

message 22: by Selin (new)

Selin | 57 comments so, hows life goin

message 23: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 350 comments Sometimes people go through the surgeries to have parts of a man and a woman. Some people are born with it, though. I think it's rather unfair for the parents to decide when gender the baby has to be .. I think it would be cool to be transgendered ^^

Nope, I have not had those surgeries. But I have considered changing into a guy. But my sweetheart is heterosexual (I think he would still love me anyway), and there's nothing wrong with being a woman.

message 24: by iPlayOboe (new)

Have you asked him????

message 25: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 350 comments He knows about my bisexuality, and is very open with it. But no, I have not discussed this with anyone. Except a few close friends and my mum.

message 26: by iPlayOboe (new)

makes sense.............

message 27: by natalie (new)

natalie I'm all for gay marriage. If straight people havr the right to get married, why should they not? They are people just like us.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Love comes in all shapes and sizes. That includes loving the same gender

message 29: by βҽϲκαӏίη (new)

βҽϲκαӏίη (beckergurl) | 259 comments umm, Tenebris, what do you mean by "I think it's rather unfair for the parents to decide when gender the baby has to be" ??

message 30: by TheMadHatter (new)

TheMadHatter (aristophanes) | 88 comments I haven't had the sergeries but I'm 100% dude in my mind but I was born as a girl.

message 31: by Anony-miss (last edited Feb 11, 2011 08:03PM) (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 350 comments Some people are born with both sexes, and the parents can decide whether or not it's a boy or a girl. In my own opinion, there is nothing wrong with being transgendered. The baby has been born, and I guess you could say that some "divine spirit" decided to make it that way.

message 32: by iPlayOboe (new)

that sort of makes a little bit of sense

message 33: by βҽϲκαӏίη (new)

βҽϲκαӏίη (beckergurl) | 259 comments so now you're all for divine spirits...*shakes head and walks off*

message 34: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 350 comments No, I'm not. I threw that in becuase it pops up a lot in our debates. Honestly, I don't think any divine spirit (be it the Great One and the Goddess, God, Allah, or whoever) would be proof. You just seem to be convinced when "divine spirit" is thrown in the argument -_-

message 35: by Anony-miss (new)

Anony-miss a-non-y-miss | 350 comments Notice that "divine spirit" is in quotations. And yes, there are gay/lesbian/bisexual/transggendered Christians out there. Or any other religion. They also like to argue that their creator made them that way.

Funny, how people follow and interpret this book. Might I ask, do you eat meat on Fridays?

message 36: by βҽϲκαӏίη (new)

βҽϲκαӏίη (beckergurl) | 259 comments me? umm, yes. and i know, some Christians dont.

message 37: by TheMadHatter (new)

TheMadHatter (aristophanes) | 88 comments I eat meat on Fridays cause I'm not Christian.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Not sure if anyone mentioned this already but imma just say this....

I've heared some Christians say that if you are gay or support gay marriage, you're going to hell.

My say on that....Bull. S**t.

Now i'm not a Christian but i'll tell you something my friend would say...

Being gay is a choice and if someone makes that choice or not doesn't matter, God loves everyone no matter what.

I think there is nothing wrong with gay marriage, being told you can't marry the one you love is wrong and i'm sorry but anyone who disagrees can kiss my a**.

Ok...i'm done with my rant...

message 39: by natalie (new)

natalie It's not a choice. You are born gay. You don't just wake up and say, I think I want to be gay.

message 40: by Kate (new)

Kate Duerksen That's true. I belive they say that people who are gay are born with too many of a type of chromosones which causes them to like the same sex

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

What I think is: It's people's lives, they can do what they want. Imagine being straight in a gay world and not being allowed to be straight. It's unfair either way.

message 42: by natalie (new)

natalie Yup and real quick, why did you guys close the STOP ABORTIONS!!!!! group? Everybody was always saying to voice our opinions and you just stopped that from happening. It doesn't really make sense to me.. *cough*hypocrites*cough*

message 43: by Kate (last edited Feb 12, 2011 12:35PM) (new)

Kate Duerksen Yeah. Also I hate when people call things gay just because they don't like it. It isn't a bad thing to be gay. I'm not gay but the people who are should be treated fairly and the same as straight people.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate wrote: "I hate when people call things gay just because they don't like it. It isn't a bad thing to be gay. I'm not gay but the people who are should be treated fairly and the same as straight people."

Yeah, I've gotten into some really big arguments with people about that because they say things like that, and I just think, "Okay, it must be okay then. Gay is perfectly fine."

message 45: by natalie (new)

natalie Being gay is being awesome ;D But I'm not gay.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Natalie wrote: "It's not a choice. You are born gay. You don't just wake up and say, I think I want to be gay."

I disagree but very well...

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate wrote: "Yeah. Also I hate when people call things gay just because they don't like it. It isn't a bad thing to be gay. I'm not gay but the people who are should be treated fairly and the same as straight p..."

Agreed...

message 48: by Kate (new)

Kate Duerksen Natalie wrote: "Being gay is being awesome ;D But I'm not gay."

Love that. Thats exactly how I feel.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait, so you think that people decide to be gay?

message 50: by iPlayOboe (new)

I agree with Natalie, She's right, u don't wake up and say I think I'll be gay today.......

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9