Chicks On Lit discussion

Just for Fun > book game

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 348 comments Just a book game i've seen around the website. :) Here are the rules: you turn to the given page and sentence of the book closest to you and post that quote, then you post a page number and sentence number for the next person to use.

first post: turn to page 84, sentence 5.

the next person to post must post the 5th sentence on the 84th page AND chose the page and sentence number for the next person.

* BTW this game is alot more fun if you don't cheat! write the actual sentence not the one you think sounds best *

message 2: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 348 comments I'll start :)
Page:79, Sentence:17

message 3: by Jayme(the ghost reader) (last edited Feb 06, 2011 09:23AM) (new)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments Mine is in the middle of a dialogue "Indeed," he replied. "Tamed and caged. And completely at your service, Guinevere of Northgallis." "Queen of Camelot" by Nancy MCKenzie

Page: 100, Sentence: 10

message 4: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 348 comments I've sold most of my furniture to Steve and hired the neighbor boy to help me load my boxes into a rented U-Haul, which I'll drive up to Ashland"
Good GriefbyLolly Winston
next:-
P.368, S.18

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments In the middle of another dialogue.
"Yes and no. When Lot died, Arthur gave the governing of Lothian to Sir Tydwyl as regent to Gawaine. That left Orkney for Morgause. Orkney or another husband. She chose Orkney. It wasn't exactly exile, and yet it was. You know better than I how far away Orkney is."

"Queen of Camelot" by Nancy McKenzie

Page 150, Sentence 12

message 6: by Terri (last edited Feb 06, 2011 12:15PM) (new)

Terri | 95 comments It didn't sound like the somewhat guarded cry of an adult woman. -- Still Alice

Pg.225, Sentence 9

message 7: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 348 comments "it's a hot Sunday afternoon in the first week of May"
Good Grief
P.101,S.1.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments "Are you, are you a vision or are you real?" "Queen of Camelot" -Nancy McKenzie

p 7 sentence 7

message 9: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 348 comments "we rescued a flock of sandpipers on the beach"
Good GriefbyLolly Winston
next:
P:69 ,S:11.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments "I tell you now, I don't think I ever want to go Caer Camel, or see the King's Companions. Not if Merlin is nearby."-"Queen of Camelot"

I keep getting dialogues. :)

p 13, sentence 13

message 11: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (thysanura) "Not that I'm suggesting that your daughter belongs in a mental institution, of course." -- Audrey's Door, by Sarah Langan.

page 50, sentence 10

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments Mine was soft, spring green, the color of new leaves, cut of of silk that must have come from the warm lands to the south.-"Queen of Camelot"

p 50, s 50

message 13: by Skena (new)

Skena Megahed | 348 comments P.50 was less than 50sentences so I completed counting to P.51
"but she's already heading up the stairs"
Good Grief
next:
P:18,S:5.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments "He had told King Leodegrance, he had led you away from the orchard and taken you to play with him in the hills"-"Queen of Camelot

p34 s: 34

message 15: by Sherin (last edited Feb 07, 2011 02:18AM) (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments There are only 21 lines in that page..Had to count to the next page :)

"What did you call your real mother?" - The Book Thief

Page: 85 Sentence: 7

message 16: by Christine (last edited Feb 07, 2011 06:56AM) (new)

Christine | 1311 comments "We had alot of nineteenth-century stuff by Thomas Hardy and people like that, which was more or less useless."
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Page 50 sentence 5

message 17: by Sherin (last edited Feb 07, 2011 08:13AM) (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "Will picked out a pair of Adidas basketball boots that looked cool but relatively unshowy." - About a Boy by Nick Hornby

Page: 73 Sentence :5

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments "I saw again the white drawn face with the matted gold hair and the mesmerizing eyes. "He the handsomest man I ever seen."-"Queen of Camelot"

p: 8 s: 26

message 19: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "For a minute she was aloof in radiance, but as we linked arms and went out into the corridor she became more mortal, with a pout" - The Return of the Soldier

P: 34 S:15

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 4840 comments "I watched Thalia pacing in the snow at the edge of camp, walking among the wolves without fear." -"The Titan's Curse"

p100 sentence 50

message 21: by Sherin (last edited Feb 13, 2011 08:45PM) (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments Sentence 50?? Oh,come on!!! :)

"No wrinkles"- The Book Thief

P: 185 S: 13

message 22: by Kate (new)

Kate Winiarska (kateface) | 31 comments "Hudson considered." - New York: The Novel by Edward Rutherfurd

p74 sentence 12

message 23: by Marena (new)

Marena | 38 comments "...the child all over the country, it's hardly a big..." The Torment of Others by Val McDermid

p53 sentence 8

message 24: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "But every time I come back from a voyage I'd head for here, even before I went home, and tell Mistress Selwyn all about it."

Anne's House of Dreams (Anne of Green Gables, #5) by L.M. Montgomery

P43 S 1

message 25: by Marena (new)

Marena | 38 comments '....shoulders."This is going bloody nowhere." he said. "We've.....
Fever of the Bone by Val McDermid.

p79 s28

message 26: by Sherin (last edited Mar 09, 2011 08:21PM) (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "Alden is handsome and the girls chase him," retorted Miss Cornelia."
Anne of Ingleside by Lucy Maud Montgomery

P34 S 15

message 27: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 "...No one spoke, the question of whether or not to tell sharp in our minds..."

Fierce September by Fleur Beale

p223 s3

message 28: by Marena (new)

Marena | 38 comments "....are their ambitions?...."

The Midnight Choir by Gene Kerrigan

message 29: by Marena (new)

Marena | 38 comments Oooops! p113 s 15

message 30: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments * @Marena: Just in case you didn't know, you may edit the post by clicking on the 'Edit' link @ right bottom side. *

"He was buried with loads of flowers"

Anne of Ingleside by L.M. Montgomery

Page: 77 S:7

message 31: by Diane (new)

Diane | 12 comments It would be a difficult shame to live down, and the story would spread around the tribes in less than a season.

Genghis: Birth of an Empire

Page:213 S:3

message 32: by Sherin (last edited Mar 14, 2011 09:50PM) (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "Once, when Ellen had sat all day, refusing either to speak or eat, Rosemary had flung herself on her knees by her sister's side."

Rainbow Valley

Page: 55 S: 5

message 33: by Gina(: (new)

Gina(: (ginaaa) | 66 comments It was just a plain ordinary unmarked letter adressed to Jonah.

Book: Found by Margret Peterson Haddix

Page: 144
Sentence: 14

message 34: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "It could take weeks just to find out what its resources were -how much land,and where,and what was on the land,whether forestsor pastures or cornfields"

The Pillars of the Earth

Page: 125 Line :7

message 35: by Gina(: (new)

Gina(: (ginaaa) | 66 comments "Were not sure, we haven't been able to find the fifth secret preserve." Grandma said.

Keys to the Demon Prison

Page: 99
Sentence: 18

message 36: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "If it failed to do that,it was nothing."The Pillars of the Earth

Page 23: Line 10

message 37: by Gina(: (new)

Gina(: (ginaaa) | 66 comments One drawer contained nothing but a Winn-Dixie bag full of shells.

The House on the Gulf

Page: 214
Sentence: 7

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"Take me away from here," she imagined saying to him."
The Bird Sisters

Page: 176
Sentence: 16

message 39: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "She gave me a hard swift kiss,brushing me somewhere near the ear""

Rebecca

Page :111 S:11

message 40: by Sally906 (new)

Sally906 There is no sentence 11 on page 111 so I have gone for the last sentence

The finishing touch to the confectionery classic was when a liquorish Allsort was shaped to look like the Bertie Bassett on the packet

From Cat Flaps and Mousetraps: The Origins of Objects in Our Daily Lives by Harry Oliver

Page 74 sentence 6

message 41: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments "The surprise of finding himself almost alone with Anne Elliot, deprived his manners of their usual composure"

Persuasion by Jane Austen

Page:100 S:5

message 42: by Kristie (new)

Kristie (spedkristie) | 385 comments "Then somehow we'd got onto the subject of boys, and she'd said, not looking up from her work: "And Tommy."

Never Let Me Go

page 44 sentence 30

message 43: by Sherin (new)

Sherin Punnilath (shery_7) | 3158 comments S:30? *Rolling my eyes*

message 44: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) This page had 31 sentences and the 30th one is ;
How long could I stave off their pity, their talons?
Cloud Atlas

P-127 , S- 5

message 45: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) "Home was itself a place he never reached though, as he was blown up in the North Sea by a German mine just as the English coast was sighted."
Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson

page 55, the last sentence