SA Book & Challenge Lovers discussion

All Book Discussions > Audio book recommendations

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chrizette (new)

Chrizette | 906 comments I live about 10 kilometers from work but it takes me more than an hour to get there! I have begun listening to audio books in the car, trying to get my road-rage to subside. I am working my way through the IN DEATH series by JD Robb (Nora Roberts). Love this series although I sometimes need a break from Eve that can drive me even crazier than the traffic.

Do you have any suggestions for books to get that has great narrators? I have seen some reviews where a narrator can spoil a great book. Any ideas?

message 2: by Lu (new)

Lu | 12629 comments Mod
I loved The Golden Compass audio book! The narrators are great!

message 3: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith I listened to The Devil's Feather by Minette Walters, narrated by Saski Wickham. I was very impressed by Wickham's voice acting. She had distinct voices for each character so that I always knew who was talking. Much better than some readings, where the narrator has one male voice, one female voice, and maybe one extra with an exotic accent or something.

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma (emmauk007) | 1081 comments Audio books are something that I have only recently started listening to, and so cant really comment much on them. I have listened to a few from the library the majority being the de rebus books. I also have the hobbit and a few of Charles Dickens, Great Expectations being a favourite. I intend getting the Lord of the rings.

I do know what you mean about getting a good audio book as some of the books might be great to read but its a different story when actually listening to it. It all depends on the narrator.

It would be great to get some recommendations, and so i will keep my eye on this thread.

message 5: by Diane (new)

Diane V-R (dianev-r) | 91 comments Hi Emma

I get my audio books from Audible.com and listen to them on my iPhone. Audible has a great selection and their books are beautifully narrated.