Romance Audiobooks discussion

Favorite Authors in Audio > Patricia Briggs

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vic (last edited Feb 08, 2011 10:59PM) (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments I love Patricia Briggs books. I consider the Mercy Thompson series Urban Fantasy while for me Alpha & Omega is borderline Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy. Both series on audio are very good.

I love Lorelei King's reading of the Mercy Thompson series. If you've listened to J. Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series (the later books) you may have trouble adjusting to the Mercy Thompson reading without hearing Adam as Morelli or Mercy as Stephanie. It's worthwhile to persevere and let L.K. read Mercy! It didn't take me too long.

I also love Holter Graham's reading of the Alpha & Omega series. The only thing that would make my listening experience of this series better would be if the Alpha & Omega short from the On the Prowl (Alpha and Omega:Briggs) (Inhuman:Wilks) (Buying Trouble:Chance) anthology were released in audio read by Holter. I usually read the short before listening and re-listening to Cry Wolf.

message 2: by Tracy (last edited Feb 06, 2011 10:13AM) (new)

Tracy (thebooktician) Vic, it sounds like you and I have VERY similar audiobook favorites!! I also love both the Mercedes Thompson and Alpha & Omega books.

I was initially a little disappointed that LK was not reading the A&O series, but fell in step with HG fairly quickly. I'm super excited that River Marked is coming out soon, but don't think I can bring myself to actually read it because I'm so excited to hear LK read it. Her voice for Mercy and Adam are just AMAZING!

message 3: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Actually I was really glad that HG read A&O because I needed another voice reading from Charles/Anna POV. It took me long enough to hear Mercy and her crew instead of Stephanie Plum when hearing LK doing the reading. :)

message 4: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments Just listened to Blood Bound and I am no seriously hooked. Must ... have ... them all! (Krissie going into spasms of covetousness)

message 5: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Hehe... I know the feeling. Glad to know we have another fellow P Briggs audio addict!

message 6: by Tracy (last edited Apr 19, 2011 07:26PM) (new)

Tracy (thebooktician) Blood Bound totally pulled me in too!! Now I'm VERY impatiently waiting for my library to get River Marked. tick tock tick tock

message 7: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Wonder if we can start some kind of campaign to get Alpha & Omega recorded by HG from the anthology. I'd TOTALLY spend a credit for that novella that leads into Cry Wolf!

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Right behind you in line for the Alph & Omega novella Vic, well worth a credit to have it, especially with HG to keep the flow going.

Gotta envy those just finding Mercy and the gang, I sooo remember that reading/listening high! Same goes for any new Kate and Curran fans, I want to re-live that feeling again ...

message 9: by MaryK (new)

MaryK | 168 comments Take a look at this blog entry. The author went to a Briggs signing and there's talk of a movie! Has anybody heard about this?

"*There will be a movie, but she is unable to talk about it. She can only say that they will be doing a mini movie on the Homecoming graphic novel to promote interest."

http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot...

message 10: by Kaetrin (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments @ Krissie. If you think Blood Bound is good, just wait until Iron Kissed!! OMG the angst!! (I have a feeling you like the angst). Suggestion - have Bone Crossed on hand for an immediate start!

And definitely yes to an audio of Alpha & Omega!!

message 11: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments I love angst. How did you guess . And I think I've already downloaded it -- it comes next.

message 12: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Audiobooks Only | 631 comments Finally! Amazon is offering the novella Alpha and Omega as a Kindle Single again, $2.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Omega-Com...

Cry Wolf just isn't the same if you don't start with the Alpha and Omega novella. Maybe an audio version is next??

message 13: by Kaetrin (last edited Apr 19, 2011 06:12PM) (new)

Kaetrin | 93 comments Brenda wrote: "Finally! Amazon is offering the novella Alpha and Omega as a Kindle Single again, $2.99.

We can only hope! :)

message 14: by Vinity (new)

Vinity | 22 comments Did anyone get the Dragonbones series in audio? It was done by Buzzy multimedia, the same company who put James Marsters with Dresdan Files. It's read by the guy who plays Alcide on True Blood. Joe Manga...? I only thought he was an OK reader but the story is great. I actually like it better than Mercy or A&O

And count me as one of the people who still have trouble adjusting to LK as the Mercy reader. I don't let myself listen to Stephanie Plum anymore {honestly, it's a relief}

message 15: by Vic (new)

Vic (vicaet) | 494 comments Yep I got both Dragonbones in audio. I agree that the reading was just OK but then I hadn't read the stories before either and so all the new characters (with similar sounding names) made tracking the story somewhat a challenge. I enjoyed the stories but still like Mercy and A&O better!

I've totally retrained my ear to hear Mercy and gang with LK now.