Reading with Tequila Book Club discussion

Book/Movie Discussions > The Hunger Games: General Discussion NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) This is the place to discuss the book in general. No spoilers allowed. Please use the spoiler post to discuss anything that applies.

If you'd like to discuss a specific aspect of the book, please feel free to start a new thread.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm not sure what I want to say just yet spoiler wise, so I'll have to think about it and come back later, but I will say that this book trilogy was one of my favorite reads of 2010. Can't wait for the movie adaptation!

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) I agree. The Hunger Games was my #1 book read in 2010. The other two books were also good, but The Hunger Games was amazing. I waited so long to read it be cause I couldn't imagine it could deserve all the hype and praise. I'm so glad I finally read it.

message 4: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (The Wolf's Den) (thewolfsden) | 12 comments How do you think they'll handle all the violence in the movie? Will some of it be off-screen, or do you think they'll scale it back a lot? I know it'll still be PG-13, but the book gets really brutal/gory at times.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jesicu) I worry about that. I like that they're keeping it PG-13, so that younger fans can see it too. I hope that it'll be on the same scale as the later Harry Potter movies. They manage to be dark and scary while staying out of R rating territory.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) If it's PG 13 they'll probably show the person being taken down by an arrow, but none of the gore that goes with it.

message 7: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn | 16 comments The Hunger Games was probably my favourite book of last year. I didn't like Catching Fire and Mockingjay nearly as much. They're good books too, just not as thrilling as the first one. I'm pretty keen to see the movie too.

I imagine they'd have to tone down quite a few scenes though, especially near the end (one in particular stands out).

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I saw the movie Battle Royale not too long ago, just to see how close to HG it would be. It was like HG without the personal character stories. Sort of cheesy, but at least it gave me a semi-visual for how HG might go as a movie.

message 9: by Julie (new)

Julie So good! I loved it--can't wait to read Catching Fire....