Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Splendor (Luxe, #4) by Anna Godbersen by Anna Godbersen

goodreads summary-New beginnings.

Shocking revelations.

Unexpected endings.

As spring turns into summer, Elizabeth relishes her new role as a young wife, while her sister, Diana, searches for adventure abroad. But when a surprising clue about their father's death comes to light, the Holland girls wonder at what cost a life of splendor comes.

Carolina Broad, society's newest darling, fans a flame from her past, oblivious to how it might burn her future. Penelope Schoonmaker is finally Manhattan royalty—but when a real prince visits the city, she covets a title that comes with a crown. Her husband, Henry, bravely went to war, only to discover that his father's rule extends well beyond New York's shores and that fighting for love may prove a losing battle.

In the dramatic conclusion to the bestselling Luxe series, New York's most dazzling socialites chase dreams, cling to promises, and tempt fate. As society watches what will become of the city's oldest families and newest fortunes, one question remains: Will its stars fade away or will they shine ever brighter?

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Terrified to read this after knowing the spoilers already. I know what's coming and it makes me sad.

message 3: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 08, 2011 01:32PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) @%$#@!&!!@#$$%!

/wrists

I knew it, but it still hurt. WHYYYYYY????

What pissed me off was that there wasn't even (view spoiler)

Sigh. I should be thrilled that a girl picked herself, since we always rag on authors for playing it safe, but it could have been anyone else in the book - NOT HER!

At least Elizabeth got her happy ending.

message 4: by Andrea (new)

Andrea  (andreaorva) I loved the series and I think Anna Godbersen did a great job in conlcuding the series. I felt really sorry for Elizabeth this last book and was a little pissed at Diana's decision but I liked the ending.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Even with the ending ticking me off the way it did, I still loved these books. Godberson can write such a beautiful story.

message 6: by Holly (new)

Holly i'm with you all on this one. it was a great book, a great series but the ending wasn't the way i would have liked it. the ending is what took it to a 4 star instead of 5 star for me.

message 7: by Ai Haibara (new)

Ai Haibara (theendingiscoai) Was a little disappointed in the ending as Henry was being a jerk and he didn't end up with Diana.....:/

message 8: by Ell (new)

Ell | 4 comments I was so sad Henry and Diana didn't end up together. At least Elizabeth a happy ending though.

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Splendor (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anna Godbersen (other topics)