Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Policies & Practices > Cover artists?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Last I recalled, we didn't include cover artists in the author fields, but I feel like there might have been more discussion of that lately. What is our current stance?

(I ask specifically with regards to Michael Frost, who is a cover photographer being credited as an author in Amazon listings for a lot of Simon&Schuster books -- including sometimes as the primary author, which doesn't seem to bother Amazon's customer service people.)

message 2: by Haneen (new)

Haneen (haneenali) i'm an arabian i want add some arabic books if that possible..

message 3: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 593 comments Last I heard, we don't include cover artists in the author fields, but can include them in the description field.

message 4: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Haneen wrote: "i'm an arabian i want add some arabic books if that possible.."

Haneen, if you search the existing books and can't find it, you can add a new edition manually. (Please start a new thread under "Book Issues" with information about the specific book if you're having trouble with that.)

message 5: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments mlady_rebecca wrote: "Last I heard, we don't include cover artists in the author fields, but can include them in the description field."

That's what I thought, yeah.

message 6: by Haneen (new)

Haneen (haneenali) thank you :)

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42421 comments Mod
mlady_rebecca wrote: "Last I heard, we don't include cover artists in the author fields, but can include them in the description field."

Yup.