Jonathan Maberry discussion

Joe Ledger > King Of Plagues

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micheal (new)

Micheal Shea | 106 comments Mod
Here is a place to discuss King of Plagues.

message 2: by Micheal (new)

Okay group the book bas been out for a few days, any thoughts? I am a hundred pages in and I have a smile plastered to my face while reading.

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 30 comments I'm glad to hear that Michael. I still need to buy this book. I had planned to get it the day it came out but my cat got very sick and I haven't hit a bookstore yet.

message 4: by Micheal (new)

I had my Nook hot and ready to go on the release date!

message 5: by Micheal (new)

Okay guys the book came out two weeks ago and I just finished it, does anyone want to discuss it? In the acknowledgements section Missouri Southern is mentioned, I thought that was cool since I live less than a mile from it.

message 6: by Oglaigh na (new)

Oglaigh na  hEireann | 12 comments I am currently finishing Bad Moon Rising, and have been drooling for King of Plauges to be released like grand slam at Denny's ! Plain and simple,...I have a friend that loves non fiction and has the creative mind of the undead. Bottom line,..I lent him my only copy of patient zero and three days latter he was back for the dragon factory. You understand that this is on par with converting a muslim extreamist to irish catholic overnight. Praise Maberry and his demented mind !!!!!

message 7: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin (ben21) I just finished it. I didn't care for it as much as his other books. It jumped around way too much and the story didn't really grab me.

message 8: by Oglaigh na (new)

Oglaigh na  hEireann | 12 comments Try Twillight

message 9: by Micheal (new)

I thought King of Plagues was a much more real horror story than the others. I am not really scared of zombies or vampires but I think everyone is at least a little scared of terrorists. I think that maybe why some people do not like it, they were looking for an escape from real life and got something that was scary in a real way. I thought it was really well written and entertaining.

message 10: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin (ben21) Oglaigh na wrote: "Try Twillight"

Nah I prefer serial uncut and Killers. Why don't you kiss my arse instead.

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 30 comments I'm about halfway through and i have a question for anyone who started reading this in the last month (i think) but it's a spoiler so i'm hiding it and please dont spoil anything for others:(view spoiler)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Jonathan - on page 205, line 21, did you intentionally give Vox's name? If so, why?

message 13: by Micheal (new)

Curt wrote: "Jonathan - on page 205, line 21, did you intentionally give Vox's name? If so, why?"

I wondered that myself.