Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
People Archive > Spoons and Halflings

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Once upon a time, Cassie and Maxy wrote a "roleplay". It was about Cassie's character Mitch and Maxy's character Ben. They stopped writing the "roleplay" when Maxy started NaNo WriMo, and it never started up again.

Now Cassie and Maxy are going to continue the "roleplay" via Goodreads.

message 2: by Elliott (new)

Elliott | 22636 comments Mod
OOH FUN! I shall stalk this topic.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 02, 2011 01:54PM) (new)

OY! This is in N-T because "spoons" starts with 's'.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

i miss who i was when (Lavendarlol) wrote: "OOH FUN! I shall stalk this topic."

Okay! Yay!

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments *stalks plays extreme follow the leader*

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

*snorts* Mandy, I love you. XD

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

YAY!

message 8: by Julian (new)

Julian Moreno (emmieloowhoo) | 7315 comments CASSIE-POO! I MUST TELL YOU SOMETHING!

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 02, 2011 02:03PM) (new)

The Profile I created for Mitchelito

Appearance: 6' 4 1/4" really dark brown hair that is moderatly curly, big mouth and lips. He was in a car accident the Christmas before this story happens, and as you all know he is in a wheelchair and has pretty extensive burn scars. He has dark chocolatey brown eyes and has glasses but usually wears contacts. He also has a very slight gap between his two front teeth. I've figured out that he probably only weighs about 140 pounds when this is taking place, which isn't very much for someone his height. He looks a little bit like a corpse. He also has a lot of burn scars from the accident. One of which covers most of the left side of his face and goes down onto his neck and shoulder. The rest are on his arms and torso. Also, since I found out he's been cutting himself, there's a couple on his wrists and forearms.

Personality: He has a great sense of humor, but he isn't anywhere near as quick to laugh as he was before the accident; he still tries to be active, and he can still beat a lot of his friends playing basketball; rather soft-hearted; he's a lot more insecure about his looks than before; slow learner; cynical; pessimistic. At the moment he's actually a very quiet person and he tries to be invisible

Likes: Basketball; watching baseball; singing, playing piano and guitar; music in general; Katy Perry and Lady GaGa are guilty pleasures of his; Hayley Williams is his celebrity crush; enjoys listening to Queen, Flyleaf, Paramore, AC/DC, and some country music as well; movies; Corvettes; Converse; Vans; reading.

Dislikes: Soccer and American football (much to his parents' dismay); chemistry; physics; math; school in general; the Beatles; the Rolling Stones, particularly Mick Jagger; most mainstream and popular music; animals; math; pretty much all sugary and fattening foods; most Freshmen and Sophomores.

Family: Father, Jack (50); Mother, Cathy (49); Brother, Peter (19); Sister, Holly (8).

Fears: Horses, heights, gaining weight, all the potential medical complications of being paralyzed.

Dreams: He would love to have a career that is either musically related or someting invovling writing creativly.

Crush: Piper Callaghan. She's a nice girl who would probably go for him, but he feels like she's way out of his league.

Other: He's a little afraid to start driving again (yes, it's possible thanks to hand controls), is allergic to mushrooms; strong pain medication makes him sick; is anorexic, basically all the stuff most of you already know about him.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

If you want to. I'm up for it.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, and also: Ben now has black hair and brown eyes, for the sake of realism.

message 12: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "*snorts* Mandy, I love you. XD"

Skittssssssss. I love you too.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay! I'll post the profile you made for Ben too. And there's a couple things I want to change...for example, Hayley Williams is probably his favorite vocalist instead of Freddie Mercury.

message 14: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "The Profile I created for Mitchelito

Appearance: 6' 4 1/4" really dark brown hair, big mouth and lips. I decided that he was never in a car accident, so he's

WAIT! MAXY! What if he..."

Very extensive. =)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "The Profile I created for Mitchelito

Appearance: 6' 4 1/4" really dark brown hair, big mouth and lips. I decided that he was never in a c..."

Up thee shut. I'm not finished.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "Oh, and also: Ben now has black hair and brown eyes, for the sake of realism."

Okay! Danke!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "*snorts* Mandy, I love you. XD"

Skittssssssss. I love you too."

Mwa.

message 18: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "The Profile I created for Mitchelito

Appearance: 6' 4 1/4" really dark brown hair, big mouth and lips. I deci..."

Okay. xD

message 19: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "*snorts* Mandy, I love you. XD"

Skittssssssss. I love you too."

Mwa."

*blows kisses*

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "The Profile I created for Mitchelito

Appearance: 6' 4 1/4" re..."

Just updated. Now for Ben.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy says she's excited and dragged me here to tell you.

message 22: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 05, 2011 07:50PM) (new)

The Profile Maxy Created for Ben

Age: 16 ((since Mitch's birthday is early in the school year, they're both Juniors))

Appearance: skinny; about 5'9"; dark medium-length hair; brown eyes; part Venezuelan; not totally lerpy (has some muscle); pale compared to other Venezuelans; full lips, but not like "Jaggah's" ((or Mitch's, for that matter))

Personality Traits: Pretty open guy; really aware of other people and their emotions; active when he can be (running, baseball, basketball, hockey, catch); coughs often due to his Cystic Fibrosis ((just Google it)); it takes a ton to get him mad; he loves singing and playing piano and is really good at both (he's mostly a tenor, but has some good lower notes); he's a decent liar, unless you're Adrienne ☺; loyal; Spanish-speaker; Theater/drama nerd; fairly calm and optimistic; bad at multi-tasking.

Likes: Baseball caps; grey; giraffes and moose; Coldplay; ABBA (secretly); Adrienne; quality time with friends; fresh air; music; talking; theater; talking; some sports (soccer is one); animals; Ben Folds.

Dislikes: His Cystic Fibrosis; idiots; heavy metal; math (but mostly history); dishonesty; being a couch potato; his handwriting; typical high school students; really chatty/flirty girls; pollution (becasuse of his lungs...)

Family: Mom (Martha), dead dad...

Fears: Getting really sick (especially if it hurts his lungs); hurt loved ones (expecially Adrienne); he doesn't want to die young because he's worried about his family and friends.

Dreams: He just wants to have a happy life; wants to release an album before he's 30.

Job: Works at a music store, occasionally teaches piano there.

Crush: Brooklyn Jameson
Other: usually optimistic, but there are days that CF really gets him down.

If you want to add or change anything, Maxy, just let me know.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Ben is not my strongest character. Haha. I'll just try and make him better while we do the roleplay.

Uhm, maybe change his crush to Brooklyn Jameson? And add that he's bad at multi-tasking?

Of course he's not your strongest character, Maxy. I'm your strongest character.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. I'll add those. But he's still got a soft spot for Adrienne, right? I'm going to add a few things to Mitch's profile, too.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you. And yes.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

So...do you want to start or do you want me to?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Whatever you want. Are we starting over, since the accident happened in this one?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, sort of, but we can keep some things the same, for instance they are in the same math class, they argue about ABBA vs AC/DC...

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Hrm... Can you start, if that's okay with you? Mitch is awesomer and I trust you more to give it a good start. Haha.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. I'll start it.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Whooo!

message 32: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "Mandy Fompledump wrote: "SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "The Profile I created for Mitchelito

Nice!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

"Mr. Hodges?" I ventured a little nervously, wheeling myself into the doorway of room C-406.

My phsyics teacher looked up from his desk.

"Can I help you, Mr. Dawes?" he asked curtly, returning to the papers he was grading.

"I-um...I was wondering if I'd be a-able to come in before school and g-get some extra h-help," I stumbled. I felt my cheeks get warmer.

"I don't have a prep period, so I use my time before classes start to prepare," he answers without looking up. "Can't you go to tutoring after school?"

"No, my dad doesn't get home from work until 5 and my sister gets home about a half-hour after I do. She'd be home alone."

"Well, then I'm sorry. I can't help you."

"Could I come in at lunch or something?" I pressed, beginning to feel a little desperate.

"Mr. Dawes, I cannot teach a student who is not willing to learn," he finally looked up.

"Excuse me?"

"If you put forth some effort in my class, you'd be passing it."

"Put forth some effort?" I raised my eyebrows. "If I didn't want to learn, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't spend two hours on my homework every night either."

"If you really spent that much time on your homework, you'd get better grades."

"Well, then," I dropped my gaze. "Thanks anyway."

I backed out of the doorway and started heading down the hall to the elevator. I put my key in the hole and tried to twist it, but it was stuck. I tried pulling it out with no luck.

"You've got to be kidding me," I groaned.

"You need any help?" a voice says behind me. I look around and see Ben Madsen from my math class.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

((Is this after school?))

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yes.))

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

((Gotcha.))

message 37: by Elliott (new)

((*pops in* HIS CHEMISTRY TEACHER IS EVIL. *pops out*))

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Lav [until then I'm only spinning] wrote: "((*pops in* HIS CHEMISTRY TEACHER IS EVIL. *pops out*))"

((His chemistry teacher is also his physics teacher. And yes, he's evil.))

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Maxy wrote: "((Gotcha.))"

((Yep. And Harvey is a good friend and he gives Mitch a ride to and from school.))

message 40: by Elliott (new)

((Lav can't read correctly. :))

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Lav [until then I'm only spinning] wrote: "((Lav can't read correctly. :))"

((That's okay. Mr. Hodges is his chemistry teacher this year, but he'll be his physics teacher next year. Poor kid.))

message 42: by Elliott (new)

((Thaaat's why I thought it was Chemistry. Because Mitch has talked about him. I feel less stupid now.))

message 43: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments The wheelchair makes me love Mitch even more :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Lav [until then I'm only spinning] wrote: "((Thaaat's why I thought it was Chemistry. Because Mitch has talked about him. I feel less stupid now.))"

((You shouldn't feel stupid at all. You are very smart.))

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

RedPath wrote: "The wheelchair makes me love Mitch even more :)"

((I know. I'm trying not to get attatched. Because he hates it and I promised I'd get him out of it.))

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

((I don't know, should something else happen? I'm kind of braindead.))

Mitch looked like he really wanted to say no, but he shrugged instead. "Yeah," he said reluctantly. "I guess." He moved his hand away from the key.

I tried jiggling the key around a few times. No luck. "Fail," I mumbled, laughing to myself. "I don't think anything in this school works on the first try." With a few more tries, though, the key twisted into the correct place and the door opened. I handed Mitch the key.

"Thanks," he said.

"You're welcome." I felt like I should say something else--I'd heard about the accident that put him in a wheelchair last year and some of the other stuff Mitch had been through. I knew that bringing it up probably wouldn't help, though, so I stayed quiet.

Mitch wheeled himself into the elevator, the doors closing.

((*brain dies* Sorry.))

message 47: by RedPath (new)

RedPath | 853 comments SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "RedPath wrote: "The wheelchair makes me love Mitch even more :)"

((I know. I'm trying not to get attatched. Because he hates it and I promised I'd get him out of it.))"

((Oh well. I'll enjoy it while it lasts))

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

SKitts/Cassie [Team Riley THIS IS SPARTA!] wrote: "Maxy wrote: "((Gotcha.))"

((Yep. And Harvey is a good friend and he gives Mitch a ride to and from school.))"

((D'aww, Harvey!))

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

((It's okay, I'm a little brain-dead too. Gah. This is tugging at my heartstrings a little. Mitch just said "What heartstrings? Since when do you have heartstrings?" Ouch, Mitch. That hurt. Not really.))

Honestly, I was glad Ben was able to get it out. I was just mentally beating myself up because I probably could have gotten it myself. If it's not obvious, I really try to maintain what dignity I can.

I hung my key back around my neck and hid it behind my shirt.

I tend to look at my hands a lot lately. The scars made the back of my hands all shiny and white, and my palms all reddish and shrivled in places. I couldn't say how much I wished that accident had never happened.

The elevator let me out on the B-floor, and I wheeled myself out to the student parking lot. You'd think they'd get a better ramp that wasn't so steep. My arms were aching by the time I got to the top.

Harvey was sitting in the driver's seat of his light blue '94 Honda Accord reading the paper. He smiled when he saw me.

"Looking for a current event?" I asked him, opening the passenger door.

"Already found one," he said. "I was reading the advice column."

"You need advice about something?" I hoisted myself out of my chair and into the passenger seat.

"No, I just find great entertainment in reading people's complaints and then the columnist politely telling them that they're an idiot." He took the chair put it in the trunk of the car.

I pulled my legs in and closed the door.

"How'd it go with Hodges?" Harvey wondered when he was back in the car.

"He said no," I answered quietly.

Harvey's face shaped into an expression of concern.

"I'm sorry, Mitch," he told me.

"It's fine. Just drive."

Harvey turned the key and the engine revved to life.

((*brain dies*))

message 50: by Mitch (new)

Mitch (i-am-not-real) | 1495 comments RedPath wrote: "The wheelchair makes me love Mitch even more :)"

Well, it makes me hate me even more.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.