Chicagoland Vampires discussion

The Books > Drink Deep (Book #5)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 230 (230 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 12 comments Chloe posted the cover for her fifth installment of the Chicagoland Vampires, Drink Deep! It comes out in November of this year.

message 2: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) | 28 comments wow! that looks awesome! thanks! :)

message 3: by Lady Allison (new)

Lady Allison | 12 comments You're welcome! I don't like the girl they've been using for the past couple of covers, but I definitely like the rest of it!

message 4: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (llogan24) | 28 comments LOL! me and another friend were just discussing that exact same thing. we wish they would go back to the girl from the 1st two books, but yes, the overall design of the book is great. and i LOVE the red!

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 487 comments Mod
Although I really like all of the cover, this one is my least favorite. I wish they hid her face a bit like on Hard Bitten. She looked much mroe lovely/beautiful in Twice Bitten and Hard Bitten. but then again, I don't knoe if it's just the red...but this doesn't scream Merit to me, all the other covers did though.

message 6: by Rosy (new)

Rosy (rosy5265) | 15 comments Mariya wrote: "Although I really like all of the cover, this one is my least favorite. I wish they hid her face a bit like on Hard Bitten. She looked much mroe lovely/beautiful in Twice Bitten and Hard Bitten. bu..."

I think its because we have a very different image of Merrit and we see her full face its like thats not her!

message 7: by valee (new)

valee It has the face of a guy, I dont like it because it doesnt look as Mer to me at all. I liked the previous cover the most, the one where we didnt see the face.

message 8: by Rosy (new)

Rosy (rosy5265) | 15 comments lol yup we just fill in the blank

Samina The Story Devourer  | 2 comments Hmm...the cover is good but the model is so not Merit. I mean from neck down totally awesome but the face..hmmm if I rememember it right she is supposed to have dark brown or black hair..well thats how I had always imagined her.My fav cover so far has been Twice Bitten...it was a Kick ass cover.

message 10: by Mariya (new)

but we still seen her face a bit in twice bitten, and I felt that one was still good. but yes. I like hard bitten a lot b/c we don't see the face and it is lovely like that. But I agree, Lady Vale, I also thought the face looks like a guy...ugh.

I think their graphic artists could've done better, if I was on their team I wouldv'e ordered to have a re-shoot and get a better picture of the model.

message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. I don't like this model either. Not at all how I picture Merit.

message 12: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina Mariya wrote: "Although I really like all of the cover, this one is my least favorite. I wish they hid her face a bit like on Hard Bitten. She looked much mroe lovely/beautiful in Twice Bitten and Hard Bitten. bu..."

Her face is ...weird.Like she ate a lemon. :/
And her body is kind of...big above with way to small hips!

message 13: by Mariya (new)

I declare this the worse cover of the series. ugh. I loved all of the others.

Samina The Story Devourer  | 2 comments Yeah on second thoughts that face does look like that of a man.I now feel sorry for the model.hahaha

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 30 comments Where's the old Merit?? LOL I like the cover but Merit hasn't really changed her look...she's missing bangs :) I can't wait for these books!

message 16: by Dinjolina (new)

Dinjolina I kind of feel cheated.
Its like when you follow a series on tv,and suddenly they change an actress in that infernal-you,the public, are stupid- way.Are you supposed to be blind?

message 17: by Mariya (new)

Dinjolina wrote: "I kind of feel cheated.
Its like when you follow a series on tv,and suddenly they change an actress in that infernal-you,the public, are stupid- way.Are you supposed to be blind?"

agreed. like i was pissed that they had changed the actress in the newst kate daniels book and also another series...HEY, WE NOTICE!!! WE'RE NOT BLIND!

Lori {Romancing the Dark Side} (romancingthedarkside) | 30 comments I think Hard Bitten has been my favorite cover so far...I think she should have been looking out into the city in this one too!

message 19: by Heather (new)

Heather  (johnstohfrontiercom) I am not a fan of this cover. I don't like the model they used.

message 20: by Mariya (new)

apparently it's the same model from Twice Bitten and Hard Bitteb, I think they just should've considered different poses and made her look similar to how she looked in books 3-4. To me, YUCK!

message 21: by valee (new)

valee It kinda looks like a man.

message 22: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) What are you expecting to read in Drink Deep??
What in your opinion will happen (or has happend) to Ethan???
What is Merit going to do with her life???

message 23: by Mariya (new)

I rather leave that to Neill. I don't really wanna think about it b/c really I have no idea what she will pull off next.

message 24: by Steph (last edited May 30, 2011 04:16AM) (new)

Steph (lovessf) I just hope that there is some kind of loophole so the situation can be resolved. I am finding it hard to see how the series can continue now... It hit me so hard that I just stared at the pages in pure shock! And I will admit to being unable to control my tears lol I thought there was going to a baby, a big fat happy ending! With their relationship atleast.
I am out of ideas really,
Anyone else have any thoughts?

message 25: by Shannon (new)

Shannon C. Marina wrote: "What are you expecting to read in Drink Deep??
What is Merit going to do with her life???"

I was totally depressed when I finished the fourth book after that shocker of an ending. Now that I've calmed down and I've seen Neill's comment to 'trust her' I'm very hopeful it all work out in the next book. I just hate waiting. I'm seriously wondering how she's going to handle it.

**spoiler warning--do NOT read unless you finished book 4**

I think the vision from book 3 plays into it somehow--when Gabriel saw green eyes that were simliar but not the same as Ethan's. My hypothesis is that Tate ensorcelled the stake that Celina used, so that instead of killing him it sent him somewhere. The dream was Ethan trying to communicate w/her. And the vision was b/c he will come back altered somehow--eyes simliar but not the same. If that happens, he needs to retain his feelings and memory of Merit. Otherwise I'll be really ticked off! What do you think? What's your guess?

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Shannon wrote: "Marina wrote: "What are you expecting to read in Drink Deep??
What is Merit going to do with her life???"

I was totally depresse..."

I haven't got to the book yet but I love spoilers and was completely depressed from the news of what happens to ethan in this book I hope you are right. I have to have faith in the auther. Ethan and Merit are end game to me in the book therefore he can't be dead or must come back.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Steph wrote: "I just hope that there is some kind of loophole so the situation can be resolved. I am finding it hard to see how the series can continue now... It hit me so hard that I just stared at the pages in..."

I am in Twice Bitten but have seen through comments of what is going to happen and I cried at just the thoughts of it so I can just imagine everyone else I feel you. I will be broken If some how ethan and merit don't have their happy ending.

message 28: by Marina (new)

Marina (marina_roumpi) I think that it will all come down to MAGIC!
Lets not forget that Merit keeps hearing him in her sleep (by the end of book 4).
I really really hope that he will return at the same state (as vampire) and not some kind of another supernatural being (as ghost for example), that will really piss me off!

message 29: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I really hope he can come back, but like Shannon said I hope he remembers everything. It has given me a little hope that he will return, given that he is trying to comunicate. What made me cry was thtat his last words were something like "that's not how it happened" and "I can explain" and he never got a chance... so sad!
Earlier on in the book he tried to tell her that he loved her and she cut him off!
My love for ethan was at it's highest in this book. He was incredible!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Marina wrote: "I think that it will all come down to MAGIC!
Lets not forget that Merit keeps hearing him in her sleep (by the end of book 4).
I really really hope that he will return at the same state (as vam..."

Yes, I get your meaning what keeps going through my head is L.J. Smith's series Vampire Diaries Elana Dies as a vampire she turns into a ghost and then after helping stop the war she is rewarded and returns to earth to live with stefan as a human. I don't want that. For Ethan and Merit. Of Course Chloe is not L.J. Smith and I hope she doesn't go the route as to make him a human or a ghost again. I would rather him just have temporary amnesia.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Steph wrote: "I really hope he can come back, but like Shannon said I hope he remembers everything. It has given me a little hope that he will return, given that he is trying to comunicate. What made me cry was ..."

I want to believe that Chloe has them pegged in her mind as soulmate or the couple that has meant to be together. She says she wants Merit to be happy. So I have to trust that for now. But I as a fan won't be happy with Merit with any other person Ethan and Merit have Chemisty that Merit has with no other guy in the books.

message 32: by Mariya (new)

Neil said "trust me" so I am assuming Ethan will of course be back. I don't believe for a minute that he won't be back.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Mariya wrote: "Neil said "trust me" so I am assuming Ethan will of course be back. I don't believe for a minute that he won't be back."

Yes, I agree. However L.J. Smith killed off my favorite character and he won't be back because it is the end of the trilogy

message 34: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons | 280 comments Mod
Please tell me Ethan doesn't come back as a ghost. It has been done too many times in other books! I like the idea that the stake that killed him wa s ensconced and that he is trapped somewhere and not truly dead. I am relying on Mallory to bring him back! Can't wait until Nov!

message 35: by Marissa (last edited Jun 20, 2011 08:35AM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) Eek! Meredith, you didn't unclick the "add to update feed". I already knew about the spoiler, so its cool with me, but thats a big spoiler to just happen upon.
I wish that could be a regular feature included with all spoiler threads. Auto do not add to update feed. lol

message 36: by Synobal (new)

Synobal I hope he doesn't come back. He was staked leave him staked.

message 37: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) Ohh, Synobal, you dont like Ethan? LOL

message 38: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) I see your point Synobal! Some authors take it too far when they make such a massive decision like Chloe did with Ethan this book. And then they seem to take it back. It seems to be happening in a lot of series now. But even though I agree with you, I still love Ethan too much to let him go just yet.

message 39: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Meredith Barrons wrote: "Please tell me Ethan doesn't come back as a ghost. It has been done too many times in other books! I like the idea that the stake that killed him wa s ensconced and that he is trapped somewhere a..."

So sorry! I was thinking because we were on the drink deep thread no one would be on here unless they finished hard bitten!

message 40: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Marissa- just realized what you were saying! I will click that button from now on! I never really thought of that before!!!

message 41: by Synobal (new)

Synobal Steph wrote: "I see your point Synobal! Some authors take it too far when they make such a massive decision like Chloe did with Ethan this book. And then they seem to take it back. It seems to be happening in a ..."

Change is interesting and I'm looking forward to see who's running the house now, and how Merit is going to deal with it or even influence it. Having Ethan come back a book or two from now would be like 'meh' as far as I'm concerned. He'd dead leave him that way I want to see what happens next. How Merit Deals with it, how the house deals, how Chicago deals.

message 42: by Marissa (new)

Marissa (millionmph) Hmmm, if Ethan stayed dead, that could pave the way for Jonah. I did really warm up to him in this last book. Yummy!
:ducks rotten tomatoes:

message 43: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) haha. The scene where Jonah and some others (at Grey's house) were drugged was quite funny. When he went all warm and fuzzy over Merit! Jonah was like "The decision is hers to make, and it doesn't look like she's made it yet."
Ethan - "she sure as fuck won't be choosing you,"
It was crazy, but in a great way.
I'm not too sure about what I want Merit to go on to do. But Jonah is a great candidate.
I did really like Morgan too. I know he's a bit of an idiot atm but he's just hurt!

message 44: by Marissa (last edited Jun 20, 2011 12:43PM) (new)

Marissa (millionmph) LOL That was pretty funny!
I really liked Morgan in the beginning. He was funny & charming and he & Merit seemed to have great chemistry. But, then he got hurt and turned into a giant ass!

message 45: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) Totally lol I loved Morgan. He was so sweet and charming (like you said). I'm sad that he has changed. Really can't wait to see where Chloe takes the next book.

message 46: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Loved that scene too! I wish we Merit would have seen Jonah again after the incident but I guess we will have to wait for the next book. I have to say I like Jonah too so I guess we will see what happens.......

message 47: by Steph (new)

Steph (lovessf) Yeah, awkward much? lol

message 48: by Meredith Barrons (new)

I have to say Jonah is hot though and I think he is definitely interested in Merit. I can't see her getting involved with anyone else though......

message 49: by Meredith Barrons (new)

Do you ladies know if we will be getting a drink deep teaser?

message 50: by Mariya (new)

I'm sure we will and of course we'll let all our fellow CLV know. Wasn't her other. I assume maybe sometime in august we will start getting them, but I'm just guessing. If she gives teasers she is sooooo gonna torture us and not give us nothing on Ethan of course.....LOL

« previous 1 3 4 5