What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA- Dress floating on cover-yellow...

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asphodel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Asphodel Sternberg A story about a young girl who lives with her aunt and hears ghostly voices and goes in search of her mother's past. She ends up at a school/mental hospital. Her cousin tries to kill her. There's some sort of link to family in a Florida swamp and a hand that's been cut off. I think she's in a band??

Any leads would be great! Thanks

message 2: by Tara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Tara (snowytara) | 24 comments Hmm, I couldn't find a cover with a floating dress, but it sounds similar to this book I found on amazon.com called "Gifted Touch (Fingerprints)" by Melinda Metz. It's probably not the right book, but I thought I'd throw it out there. The girl can hear a person's thoughts when she touches their fingerprints. Her mother apparently had the same gift and died in an insane asylum. Someone tries to kill the girl with a bomb. Like I said, probably not the same book.

message 3: by Asphodel (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new)

Asphodel Sternberg Nope- that's not it. But that one sounds good.

message 4: by Jodie (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:42PM) (new)

Jodie (jodiemill) maybe a V.C. Andrews book?

message 5: by Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:14PM) (new)

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 104 comments This is probably not it, but I'll give it a shot: Karmentxu and the Little Ghost by Mariasun Landa. Here's the plot summary from Children's Literature Comprehensive Database: "After a sensitive Basque girl runs away with a ghost to a festival, her aunt places her in a mental hospital, outside of which the ghost watches and waits."

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 28672 comments Mod
Asphodel left the group. Moving to Abandoned.