Stephen King Fans discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jaimehobbes) | 104 comments Sorry if there is another thread on this topic, but I couldn't find it...

I have never read these. I don't really understand what they are. Is it just a retelling of the books with pictures, or is there new stuff? Does anyone have more information? I can't even figure out which one comes first and how many there are. I guess what I'm asking is am I missing out on The DT series by not reading these? Do they tell me what happened to Cuthbert and Alain? If so that alone is a good enough reason. Please give me any and all info you got...

message 2: by Amanda (last edited Feb 03, 2011 02:24PM) (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) Jaime wrote: "Sorry if there is another thread on this topic, but I couldn't find it...

I have never read these. I don't really understand what they are. Is it just a retelling of the books with pictures, or ..."

I've only read the first one but i do think its worth reading the series and I've seen others mention that it does have a bit more detail about the characters overall. If you're not sure just check out the first one from the library and see what you think.

This one's the first;

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34...

Yes based on the info on the page the graphic novels do tells us the backstory!

message 3: by Chris , The Hardcase (new)

Chris  (haughtc) | 1117 comments Mod
Here's the series link for the Dark Tower graphic novels: Dark Tower Graphic Novels.

message 4: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (jaimehobbes) | 104 comments Thanks y'all. Think I will have to read them...I am a Tower Junkie!!

message 5: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments I definitely have to get them one of these days... definitely! :)

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckyofthe19and9) Jaime, The first GN is a retelling of the 4th book in the series, but then they take off into new territory from there. I love them.

In fact, I just ordered the 4th one from Amazon the other day... I'm waiting on it to arrive. :D

message 7: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2586 comments Mod
There is another thread on this so I am going to close this one. The old thread is under graphic novels.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.