Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > books into movies

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥ Ashleigh ♥ (last edited Feb 03, 2011 09:24AM) (new)

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) can anyone think of a really good book series being turned into a movie?

i can only think of Tomorrow, When the War Began (The Tomorrow Series, #1) by John Marsden and Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead which isn't set to come out till like 2013.. :(

so i was just wondering if you guys have heard of any i can check out??

message 2: by Regina (new)

Regina Hunter (sova) R u for real? 2013? I heard "The Host" will turn into the movie.

message 3: by Regina (new)

Regina Hunter (sova) Oh and can't wait for "The Hobbit"!!!!!!!!

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) yer i know 2013 is live forever away.. major bummer
i cant wait to see vampire academy, i hope its good, i hate it when movies/TV shows aren't as good as the book there was based on

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura Williams | 21 comments I just requested I am number four from my library. I want to read it before I see the movie in a couple weeks.

message 6: by Regina (new)

Regina Hunter (sova) Lol, easier to buy an ebook, in NY if the book is new or based on the movie (right now I am number four is on recommend list) you will wait for like 200 people to finish it before you get to read it!

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) I am number four sounds heaps interesting.
im not usually a big fan of aliens, i don't know why i just prefer other things.. but i read the description for both the movie and the book and am now looking forward to watching it :)

message 8: by Regina (new)

Regina Hunter (sova) I think movies is a bit better, in a book the guy was a bit girlie for my taste.

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I only read the book because Alex Pettyfer was going to be in the movie - so I pictured John as Alex all the way through. That may be one reason why I gave it five stars, but I liked it better than I expected as I am really not into alien stories ( I say as I am watching the DVD's of the TV show Roswell - which is a tad the same kind of story)

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura Williams | 21 comments Regina (OwlM) wrote: "Lol, easier to buy an ebook, in NY if the book is new or based on the movie (right now I am number four is on recommend list) you will wait for like 200 people to finish it before you get to read it!"

Actually no, I was really suprised that there were no holds on it. It is already in transit. I have learned to be patient using the library. I can't afford my book habit so I have no choice!!!

message 11: by Regina (new)

Regina Hunter (sova) Laura wrote: "Regina (OwlM) wrote: "Lol, easier to buy an ebook, in NY if the book is new or based on the movie (right now I am number four is on recommend list) you will wait for like 200 people to finish it be..."

Me either, poor, hungry student I am. My shelf is full of books, got 200 burrowed books from library at home and about 80 000 ebooks...I'm a it obsessive about them. I see the one i want to read, I will get it.

♥ Ashleigh ♥  Contrary to popular belief I'm not actually mad! (cheshire_red) lol holy crap... thats so many book's.
its really annoying borrowing from the library here, i don't know about you guys but my library kinda sucks... they usually only have half the series and sometimes they don't even start off with the first book in the series.. drives me insane, so i try to spend no more then $50 on books in a fortnight other wise i'd probably spend my whole pay check on books, lol

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments I'm so excited for Vampire Academy being made into a movie!
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare is being made into a movie too.

message 14: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 315 comments I am super excited for the Mortal Instraments movie! They've already casted a couple of people. The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (Mortal Instruments, #1-3) by Cassandra Clare

message 16: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments I REALLY hope Alex Pettyfer accepts the role of JACE!

message 17: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn This one isn't paranormal, but Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin is going to be a movie soon. I haven't read the series, but I know that it is quite popular.

message 18: by Usher (new)

Usher  (Asha_asha) | 6 comments Alex petty is not that hot for the role of JACE i hope they find someone better looking

message 19: by Usher (new)

Usher  (Asha_asha) | 6 comments cant wait for the VA movie to come out

message 20: by Jeanine (new)

Jeanine (truejourney) | 315 comments Usher wrote: "Alex petty is not that hot for the role of JACE i hope they find someone better looking"

I totally agree with you. I don't understand why people are fussing over him all of the sudden. Who ever plays Jace has to be HOT and he has to have major attitude.

message 21: by Candy (new)

Candy | 4 comments Can't think of where but I just read that Alex chose The Last Apprentice instead of Mortal Instruments. That may be a rumor but it's what I read a couple of days ago.

message 22: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (shinhbang) | 152 comments Alex Pettyfer needs to be Jace. I can’t picture anyone else since they teased us with the idea of Alex being Jace.

message 23: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Hmmmm.... it seems that Cassie Clare has jumped on the Douglas Booth bandwagon. Which could be good.

http://www.cityofbonesmovie.com/2011/...

message 24: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (crimsoneyes97) On wikipedia it says Fallen will be made into a movie it might be good but it also says that it's being made by disney so I dont have high hopes

message 25: by Mel (new)

Mel (soireb) | 61 comments For the movie The Mortal Instrument the role of Jace has already been cast. It'll be played by Jamie Campbell Bower.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2570429/

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 229 comments Eek. He really creeps me out. Maybe they're going to give him a really good makeover?

message 27: by Mel (new)

Mel (soireb) | 61 comments I don't know. I'm not to crazy about his casting either. I mean, i saw him in Sweeney Todd with Johnny Depp but still, i just don't see him as Jace. And on that note i can't imagine Josh Hutcherson as Peeta in the Hunger Games either, but that's Hollywood.

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 229 comments I hear you about Peeta. I haven't even read the books yet, and that would not have been my chioce.

message 29: by Angela (new)

Angela (angbens) | 343 comments I can't wait for Darkfever (Karen Marie Moning) to be made. I am so excited.

message 30: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (romantasygirl) | 20 comments I really would like the whole "Warriors of Atlantis" series by Alyssa Day be brought onto the big screen. The books are awesome! Did you check out the books´ music video on youtube (don´t know - am I allowed to post a link to youtube here? - It´s "Everytime you read my mind" performed by grout). It´s great! It gives you in idea how a movie could be made out the books.