YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Single Books > Camille

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (last edited Feb 02, 2011 04:57PM) (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Camille by Tess Oliver by Tess Oliver

gr summary-At a time when society conforms to the strictest rules and most proper etiquette, sixteen-year-old Camille Kennecott and her guardian, Dr. Bennett, live a most unconventional life. They hunt werewolves.When unwitting victim, Nathaniel Strider, wanders into one of their full moon pursuits, Camille and Dr. Bennett believe they have found a specimen for their study. Finding a scientific key to unlocking the mystery of lycanthropy would end their late night excursions. Yet beneath the irresistible exterior, Nathaniel is transforming into a flesh-tearing monster, and as each experiment fails, Camille loses another inch of her soul to him. In a month’s time, she must face the prospect of destroying the boy who has stolen her heart.

message 2: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

okay so i am half way through this book and i have to say i love it! the writing style is excellent and the people feel real to me also i think she did a good job keeping the people current with the time period in which it was written. and to top it of it is 99 cents on amazon!!

message 3: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Looks good!!

message 4: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

ssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo gggggggggoooooooooooddddddd!!!! i love this book!!

message 5: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yay (:

message 6: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments I put it on my holds self at the library. :D can't wait to start reading this!

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (last edited Feb 10, 2011 03:03PM) (new)

Okay so i love this book the ending was a tad predictable but it was a great book!!! the people were so real and historically accurate!! Strider is soo sweet and cocky i just love him!!

(view spoiler)

message 8: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Camilla wrote: "I put it on my holds self at the library. :D can't wait to start reading this!"

soooooooooooo good let me know what you think!!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Is it sad that I read the spoiler?

I can't not click them sometimes.

message 10: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

no the book is still super good and there are twists and turns i didnt mention so no worries :)

message 11: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I'm only 9% through so far but i really liked it from the start so its promising so far to be good!!

message 12: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

yay!!!!! im glad you like it!!

message 13: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) ;DD thanks for lending it!!

message 14: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

No worries!! im excited to have someone to talk about it with!!

message 15: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yeah!!

message 16: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Just finished this and I really really liked it!!

message 17: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! i m glad you like it!!!!!!!!!!! istn Strider HOT!!!!!

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) .99 cents?! So buying this. Thanks for the suggestion, Artemis!!

message 19: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "yyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! i m glad you like it!!!!!!!!!!! istn Strider HOT!!!!!"

OMG YES!! Thanks so much!!

message 20: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

@ Britnee no worries!! im soo stoked you liked it!!
@Meghann you should i love this book!! and you cant beat the price!!! :)

message 21: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I can't believe such a good book is so underrated!!

message 22: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i know right!!! it was such a steal!!! its sad she seems llike a great author but i guess maybe people just havent heard of her??? idk but Camille was a great book i cant wait to read her other books!!! Bitterroot Crossing by Tess Oliver

A love triangle that crosses centuries . . .

For Nick Crush, the only thing cool about his town, Bitterroot Crossing, is the gang of outlaw ghosts that rise occasionally from the town’s swamp. But when he finds himself competing with the most notorious spirit and his own ancestor, Zedekiah Crush, for the affections of Jessie Sterling, suddenly the whole ghost thing isn’t so cool.

Jessie Sterling inherited her great-great-grandma’s shorter left leg and incredible beauty, a beauty that a century and a half earlier sparked a love triangle that ended in tragedy. Now Jessie leaves the safety of her grandma’s farm to attend high school in town . . . and Bitterroot Crossing will never be the same.

Safe Landing by Tess Oliver

Still trying to cope with her parent’s divorce, seventeen-year-old Brazil Parkin finds her world slipping even further from its once blissful orbit. She blames her mom for the rotten turn her life has taken. Leaving behind her friends, her horse, and a father she adores, Brazil moves with her mother and twin brothers to a 19th century beach house with a shady history. Brazil is determined to remain a recluse, but an unexpected kiss, a nearly disastrous airplane landing, and the lingering spirit of a lovesick boy help open Brazil’s eyes to a world outside of her own universe.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) HO-LY crap!! It's 860 pages or something!! How did you guys read it in a matter of days!?

message 24: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Meghann is Much Muchier wrote: "HO-LY crap!! It's 860 pages or something!! How did you guys read it in a matter of days!?"

o.o no its not its like 200 xD where does it say that?

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) On the nook. It legit says there's 876 pages. Lol.

message 26: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Wth xD it seriously doesnt. But on my kindle PC app it said there was nearly 4 thousand LOL

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) LOLOLOL seriously?! Great book so far, but damn. Probably a page formatting issue or something.

message 28: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Meghann is Much Muchier wrote: "LOLOLOL seriously?! Great book so far, but damn. Probably a page formatting issue or something."

LOL yeap. Yeah its really good I hope you enjoy it! I like the main character chick

message 29: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol OMG that would be a long ass book!!! but it think its shorter like 250 maybe 300 pages!!! I love Camille and Strider!!!

message 30: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "lol OMG that would be a long ass book!!! but it think its shorter like 250 maybe 300 pages!!! I love Camille and Strider!!!"

Omg same!!they are a good couple

message 31: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i know right!!! i felt soo sorry for him (view spoiler)

message 32: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Artemis wrote: "i know right!!! i felt soo sorry for him [spoilers removed]"

same!! it was so sad!

message 33: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Just bought this book for my nook! What a steal! I have so much to read now, it's insane!

message 34: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol i hope you like it!!! its super good!!

message 35: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Britnee - As mad as a hatter wrote: " Artemis wrote: "i know right!!! i felt soo sorry for him [spoilers removed]"

same!! it was so sad!"

i know right!!

message 36: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments I read it!!!! I read it and LOVED it! I kind of wanted to have it keep going. Isn't that how it goes though? You find a REALLY great book and you don't want it to, and when it does it's upsetting. But then, books that could be only ONE book, gets made into a whole series! :D But thanks, Artemis, for telling me about this book!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Isn't that the truth? There are so many good stand alone books that should be series, and so many crappy books that go on forever in series form.

message 38: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Exactly.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) Stacia ~ ran out of lette... wrote: "Isn't that the truth? There are so many good stand alone books that should be series, and so many crappy books that go on forever in series form."

Jesus Christ. THIS. So much.

message 40: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Camilla wrote: "I read it!!!! I read it and LOVED it! I kind of wanted to have it keep going. Isn't that how it goes though? You find a REALLY great book and you don't want it to, and when it does it's upsetting. ..."

No worries! im sooo glad you liked it!! its such a great book i want it to be a series (view spoiler) idk i didnt want to series to end!!

message 41: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments I think that your little '(view spoiler)' trick was neat. And I agree with you there. I want this to be a series too!

message 42: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

lol thank you Stacia showed me how to do it
(view spoiler)

just remove all the spaces in between the <> and there you go! :)

i think this book would be a great series!!

message 43: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments That's amazing! And I think it would be a little bit of a hit as a series. I mean, it would be better than some that are out there having 6-15 books to a series!

message 44: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

LOL right **cough Evermore cough**

message 45: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Bahaha!!!! YEAH!

message 46: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i hate that series!! but sadly i will finish it because i have read all of them each time hoping it would get better...it never did lol

message 47: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Bahaha! I think I have only read the first one!

message 48: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

whatever you do DONT read anymore of them lol they are so bad!!

message 49: by Camilla (new)

Camilla (camillaisloved) | 914 comments Haha! Ok :D

message 50: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

XD lmao XP

« previous 1

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Safe Landing (other topics)
Camille (other topics)
Bitterroot Crossing (other topics)