YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Paranormalcy > Paranormalcy (book1)

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White

GR summary-Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Another one that I own but haven't read. It looks promising.

message 3: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I read the first chapter online. Sounds alright.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Alright meaning just okay?

message 5: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Yeah xD I only read the first chapter so..

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Hmmm...looking over my friends list the reviews seem to be all over the board. One person gave it a 2 star, several gave it 3, a few gave it 4, a few gave it 5. How strange that there isn't really a common opinion on it.

message 7: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) I hope its not like all other YA PNR books. Some people just love any YA PNR book. I have really high expectations.

message 8: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

okay so i am reading this book and its okay but the character reads young younger then....zoey or chloe (from the summoning) the story is okay but idk there is something about it that is off to me maybe it will get better :/

message 9: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Hope so! I've been wanting to read it but if it isnt that good..

message 10: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

ill let you know but so far i would give it 2 maybe 3 stars

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) To be fair, the friend of mine that gave this a 2 star also didn't like White Cat, and every single other person I know that read White Cat liked it either almost as much or as much as I did.

Her and I don't always share the same tastes in books. This same friend was the one that recommended Dark Divine to me and I didn't really like it.

Maybe it means I'll really like this one.

message 12: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 02, 2011 11:19PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Artemis wrote: "okay so i am reading this book and its okay but the character reads young younger then....zoey or chloe (from the summoning) the story is okay but idk there is something about it that is off to me ..."

Please let us know how you end up liking (or disliking) it. If it's good I might give it a go, otherwise I might just hold off and keep going with challenge reads and unfinished series. My goal is to start cracking down on all of the half read series that I actually like but never got around to finishing.

message 13: by brittany (new)

brittany (cirilla) Hm I might like it. Guess I'd have to give it a try myself. When the library hurrys up and gets it.

message 14: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

its okay idk though just the girl Evie, the way she talks bugs the hell out of me but the story is okay :)

message 15: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Okay so i am half way through now and it has gotten loads better!! Evie is still a little immature but the story is getting better!!! I wont say go out and buy it just yet but I might if things keep moving they way they are :)

message 16: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

okay i finished and i have to eat my words (chomp chomp) i really like this book the first 100 pages were kinda ify but after that!!! its was great!! i would say read it!!! :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'll have to give it a go then!

message 18: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

you should!!! it was a great book!!! you just have to push through the first 100 pages or so :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Sometimes it's worth it if you know the book is good. The Host had one of the worst starts to a book ever but I ended up really liking it.

Jean Valjean (OG 2010) (courfeyrack) So, upon reading this thread, I'm thinking I might have to pick up and try to read this book again. I only got like part of the way through and then gave up on it.

message 21: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

@ Meghann it gets loads better but for the first 100 pages its not that great but after that it picks up and then the last like 150 pages or soo are great!!

@Stacia i totally get what you mean some books are slow to start but worth the push!!

Amy ~Lover of Books~ Really good book! I read this one pretty fast!

message 23: by thesebooksiread (new)

thesebooksiread I really enjoyed this book! I wasn't expecting much because I had never heard of it but I fell in love with it immediatly!! I read it quite fast and couldn't put it down! I loved the fact that she acted more like a girl her age than a lot of characters do. It made the story better and I am not a pink girl but she made me love pink more! haha! I highly recommend this book to everyone I know that reads YA.

message 24: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (waterspout) I read an excerpt of this in Harperteen's Browse Inside and I really loved what I have read. It's funny and exciting and I've only read a few chapters. It reminds me of Star Ocean 3 and Xenosaga which are games. Not really the story plot but the setting except in Paranormalcy, they're not in space.

It's really worth reading so give it a try. :D

message 25: by Andrea (new)

Andrea  (andreaorva) I love this book, one of my favorites.

message 26: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Stroube | 8 comments I love this book. I was a little disappointed at the ending, but I LOVED the book. The world, the characters,... all of it is amazing. I can't wait to read the next one!

message 27: by Erum (new)

Erum | 6 comments J.D. wrote: "I love this book. I was a little disappointed at the ending, but I LOVED the book. The world, the characters,... all of it is amazing. I can't wait to read the next one!"

I hear ya! ^^ I can't wait either!

message 28: by Amanda (new)

Amanda I just finished Paranormalcy a few hours ago!!! At the beginning I thought it was boring, but then it picked up :), 4/5 stars

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

can't wait to read it

YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Paranormalcy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kiersten White (other topics)