Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive (BOTM) > FEBRUARY ~ Shadowfever ~ Spoiler thread

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GinBee, Founder & Mod (last edited Feb 02, 2011 12:04PM) (new)

GinBee (jennymbee) | 4468 comments Mod
Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning
This is the place to gather to talk about the February group read Shadowfever.

How are you finding it? What do you like (or not)so far? Is the heroine kick ass? Got a great Alpha male? (sample Q's to get you thinking! I've not read this so they may not all be relevant!)

If you've already read the book feel free to jump in too!!

WARNING - this thread is the SPOILER THREAD ~ if you haven't read the book please see the spolier free thread!!!

Space left
so you won't
read the first
post if you don't
want to ;)

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (thebooknympho) OMG!!! I loved this book. What a great end....for now. There was still a lot of questions unanswered but the major things were answered. Loved the "eye talks" that JZB Mac had with each other through this series. And how the told each other that they loved the ohter without actually saying it. I will be re-reading this series soon.

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane | 82 comments I was so excited that I read this last month as soon as it came in the library. I had a huge hard time in the first 300 pages but made myself stick with it. Then it got REALLY GOOD! Great book!

message 4: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) Really enjoyed this book! I devoured it as soon as it was delivered!! Yeah first part is a little hard to get thru cuz you want to know SOOO badly how it all turns out, but so worth it! I ultimately like how it ended, but was disappointed that a few things were left up in the air..... I guess it's better to have those for the potential spin off, but still.....

message 5: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 02, 2011 11:34PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I didn't mind a few things being up in the air, since we know there's a spin-off coming. She answered enough to satisfy me.

Still sort of sad at what went down with one of my favorite characters, but not everything can be happy in a book or it feels fake. At least enough of it was good to make me happy!

message 6: by Suz (new)

Suz I'm not happy with this series, I'm upset about this book, I feel like I was taken for a merry ride by KMM and that I believed in her promise to wrap the story in five books and not only did she not do it, but she's completely forgotten the original promise in favor of a commercially successful spin off.

I think Karen Moning broke faith with the Fever series. Cliff hangers intentionally designed to manipulate readers into buying the next book, unresolved plot points, issues she never intended to resolve in spite of early promises that all questions would be answered, and finally a final book that was more than 50% fragmented sentences and inner angst dialog that was repetitive and pointless, given that she continued to make the protagonist a ditsy self absorbed doofus anyway.

This series had a lot of potential, it reeled me in and I let it, it was an engaging story. The resolutions sucked, the commercial manipulates are appalling, and the writing in the last book was shameful.

I guess you could say I dissent overall with the fan girl squeeing.

message 7: by Angela (new)

Angela (angieerickson) | 164 comments I loved loved loved this book. It was the perfect end to a perfect series.

We learn the truth about MacKayla’s origin and powers and how she is connected to the Fae and Unseelie King. We discover how Alina was murdered, who was behind her killing, and Alina's relationship with the Lord Master.

We finally discover Jerricho’s species, what’s trapped under his garage, his reason for a lifetime hunting the book, where he spends his time when he’s not at BB&B, and his true feelings for MacKayla.

We learn more about the Highland Keltar’s, what happened to Christian McKeltar in the silvers, and the story of Halloween night when the walls came down.

We find out the origin of the sidh-seers, who set the Sinar Dubh free twenty years ago, the reasons behind Rowena’s mistrust in Mac, and we find out who’s good and who’s bad.

All questions are answered and loose ends are tied up, finalized. This book was well worth the wait and I can’t wait to re-read it again and again and again. Karen Marie Moning did I fantastic job and I was not disappointed.

message 8: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) I read it and I might have missed it, but the reason it took Barrons four days to come for Mac when she was raped was b/c he was trapped in the silvers too, or was it something else?

Cheryl aka Pashion (ExRockGoddess) | 81 comments Mariya ... I think originally he was in the silvers but then she was warded in at the Abbey and no one could get in ...
Once the biotch unwarded the place (to let the Unseelie Princes have her)... Barrons was the first on the scene and got Mac while her adopted little sister killed the second unseelie prince when he showed up as Barron's was removing Mac
(supposedly 2nd prince but actually 1st since Cruz wasn't really dead)

Cheryl aka Pashion (ExRockGoddess) | 81 comments Oh and by the Way ... I LOVE THIS BOOK! Love this series ... I am just a Mac looking for her Barron's!!! Not disappointed at ALL!

message 11: by ♥ Amber ♥ (last edited Feb 15, 2011 06:15AM) (new)

♥ Amber ♥  (isabellarose) | 3 comments OMG! I AM IN LOOOOOVE with this series!!!!!!! It is by far my favorite series ever. It has been one hell of a ride. And I love seeing characters grow and discover themselves, and I don't think I've ever seen a character grow and change as much as Mac! I can't express how much I loved the chemistry between Mac and JZB. Their silent conversations, their real conversations, Barrons' undercover jealous fits and outbursts, Mac's witty remarks... I seriously think I snorted Sprite out my nose when Mac made Barron's paint her nails in the first book! It was such a golden moment when he softened up a bit around her. Awww!!!! It was hilarious, tense, sexy and all around entertaining. So, so, so good and I recommend it to EVERYONE... over 18... And I am already re-reading this series. I'm now on book two again and it is just as wonderful as the first time, if not better! Now that I know who the bad guys are and what happens, I want to go back and "search for clues"! lol. Ah! So good! If you haven't finished this book yet, hurry up! It's great! :)

Cheryl aka Pashion (ExRockGoddess) | 81 comments Kendaru ... When I found out it was Barrons that was dead.... I wanted to throw the book across the room and quit reading! But I kept thinking ...no way can he be dead dead cuz he is the hero to Mac's heroine...

I too was sad when I found out V'Lane was not V'Lane ...V'lane did add ALOT to the books!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Mariya wrote: "I read it and I might have missed it, but the reason it took Barrons four days to come for Mac when she was raped was b/c he was trapped in the silvers too, or was it something else?"

That part was a little unclear to me too. He was trapped in the silvers with Christian, I think, but was able to get out. I think he took so long bcuz he was trying to rally all of the other "eight" like him to rescue Mac, but I may be wrong. Might have to read again to make sure.

message 14: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Cheryl aka Pashion wrote: "I too was sad when I found out V'Lane was not V'Lane"

I thought it was a great twist, but feel like it should have been elaborated on more. He confirmed that he really did want her (hence being the fourth), but the last time they talked he nearly confessed to being in love with her. Was all that a front to get closer to the book or did he really have deeper feelings for her? I find it interesting that KMM (through Barrons) says that actions speak louder than words, but several people (including Mac and V'lane act deceitfully).

Cheryl aka Pashion (ExRockGoddess) | 81 comments V'lane raped Mac ... he was the fourth. Even if he had feelings for her why we she want someone who could do that to her ...Not to mention that he true love in life was being the Most powerful fae ever.

message 16: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (thesa) Mariya wrote: "I read it and I might have missed it, but the reason it took Barrons four days to come for Mac when she was raped was b/c he was trapped in the silvers too, or was it something else?"

The way I understood it was that Barrons died in the Silvers and it took him 4 days to come back. That's why he couldn't tell Mac why it took him so long to come for her.

message 17: by Sally (new)

Sally (sjanec) | 22 comments I was late finnishing this book, I really didn't want this series to end so I reread the others first. I loved the book, thought it ended very well, KMM brought all the parts together and meshed everything together. I really think of all the series I have read, this is by far the best. Also Barrons has got to be the most sexy, interesting and fascinating lead character, my dream man.

Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Shadowfever (other topics)