Book lovers discussion

Group Reads > March Group Read

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Please nominate a book you'd like to read as a group in March!

message 3: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) LOL!!! Shelli, I JUST checked the group's books to see if Major Pettigrew was on it, then came back here to nominate it!

message 4: by Shelli (new)

Shelli Lol!

message 5: by Jo (new)

Jo | 2241 comments Mod
I'd like to nominate Paranormalcy

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) I nominate The House at Riverton by Kate Morton.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Anyone else have a book they'd like to nominate for March??

I'll leave this thread open for the rest of the week and I'll set up a poll on Friday.

message 8: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) I'm good, I was going to nominate Major Pettigrew, but Shelli beat me to it.

message 9: by Claire (new)

Claire (lindlec) I'd like to Nominate "I am Number Four"

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim (jimmaclachlan) I'd like to nominate True Grit. It's a really good book, besides being a well known John Wayne movie with a remake starring Jeff Bridges. Too few people have read the book & it's been decades since I have. I need a good excuse.

I just got another book by Charles Portis, The Dog of the South, too.

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane  (dianedj) Ok, how about The Kitchen House?

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Last chance to nominate a book for March! I'm setting up the poll tomorrow afternoon...

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandylivvy4) Sarah wrote: "I nominate The House at Riverton by Kate Morton."

ooo i have read that .. its good xx

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandylivvy4) Zadie Smith - White Teeth
Ian McEwan - Atonement
Tony Parsons - One for My Baby

message 15: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Paranormalcy, House at Riverton and Major Pettigrew all sound good to me.

message 16: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) The poll is open until Friday, Feb. 18. Please vote!

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) If you haven't voted yet, please do so soon because I'm setting up the poll on Friday! There are some great nominations for March - I had a hard time deciding which to vote for :-)

message 18: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) It's official - our group read for March will be I Am Number Four! Thank you to everyone who voted :-)

message 19: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 220 comments Think I'll give this one a miss - falling behind a bit with my challenge books, but shall follow your discussion!

message 20: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) I think I too will miss this one, but since my daughter has just started it, I reserve the right to change my mind. I'll watch out for your comments with interest

message 21: by Kerri (new)

Kerri I've been seeing previews for this movie (I Am Number Four)....has anyone heard anything about it???

I am planning on reading it.

message 22: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) I've seen the previews for the movie too Kerri.It looks very intriguing!

message 23: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) Excited to read I am number four - not a book I would normally read!!

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) It's not something I would normally read either, but it definitely looks interesting!

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Elder (lauloreads) Sarah wrote: "It's not something I would normally read either, but it definitely looks interesting!"

Sarah, I'm new to goodreads and new to this group. When will the discussion be available for I am number four?

Thank you.

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah23l) Hello Lauren- welcome to Book Lovers! The discussion thread for I Am Number Four is open and ready. It's under the same heading as this thread.

message 27: by Tara (new)

Tara (tara_simonton) | 10 comments Really looking forward to reading I am Number Four! A friend of mine recommended it to me recently. Hoping to squeeze it in soon!