5 In Too Deep Jayne Ann Krentz
10 What The Night Knows Dean Koontz
9 Secrets To The Grave Tami Hoag
8 Ruthless Game Christine Feehan
7 Kitty Goes To War Carrie Vaughn
6 Black Magic Cherry Adair
10 The Sentry Robert Crais

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments THE SENTRY was a popular book here in January! I liked KITTY GOES TO WAR. Looking forward to the next one.

message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments I'm so excited - should be able to pick up The Sentry at the library this Saturday.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Merrilee: Glad to see you liked the new Koontz!

Merrilee in AZ wrote: "10 What The Night Knows Dean Koontz"

message 5: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Ann wrote: "Merrilee: Glad to see you liked the new Koontz!

Merrilee in AZ wrote: "10 What The Night Knows Dean Koontz""

It was the first book in a long time that actually scared me lol

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Yikes! I better plan not to read it late at night when I do get it!
Merrilee in AZ wrote: "It was the first book in a long time that actually scared me lol "

message 7: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Yikes! I better leave a gap between that one and my current read
Full Dark, No Stars.

Speaking of FDNS,I went looking for the meaning of this title and couldn't find a reference, but did find this on Wikipedia:

"...One of the novellas, 1922, is set in Hemingford Home, Nebraska: home of Mother Abagail from King's epic novel The Stand (1978), the town adult Ben Hanscom moves to in It (1986), as well as the setting of the short story "The Last Rung on the Ladder" (1978)...."

(Ann wrote: "Yikes! I better plan not to read it late at night when I do get it!
Merrilee in AZ wrote: "It was the first book in a long time that actually scared me lol ""

message 8: by Ann (last edited Feb 05, 2011 09:52AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Carol: That is interesting about the Mother Abigail link!
Stephen King is on record for saying he won't be a part of a proposed new remake of the Stand. http://www.liljas-library.com/ right now this is under Latest News
The moderator on King's official board confirms that King won't be involved with the remake of The Stand.
Stephen King: 10 things I know about the remake of 'The Stand'
1. No one will be able to top Gary Sinise, who played Stu Redman in the original ABC miniseries. He was perfect. When he says “You don’t know nothing” to the soldiers who are putting him under mandatory quarantine, you believe his contempt completely. My runner-up pick would be Jake Gyllenhaal.
2. I didn’t know anything about the remake until I read about it on the Internet.
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Yikes! I better leave a gap between that one and my current read
Full Dark, No Stars."...One of the novellas, 1922, is set in Hemingford Home, Nebraska: home of Mother Abagail from King's epic novel The Stand (1978), the town adult Ben Hanscom moves to in It (1986), as well as the setting of the short story "The Last Rung on the Ladder" (1978)....""

message 9: by Brakedrum (last edited Feb 05, 2011 01:04PM) (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Ann wrote: "Carol: That is interesting about the Mother Abigail link!
Stephen King is on record for saying he won't be a part of a proposed new remake of the Stand. http://www.liljas-library.com/ right now th..."

Ann, were you a member of the SKemers many years ago on the old AOL boards? I was, even got a shirt in 1997 from the group. They were very active and attended a yearly SK outing to Bangor, Maine. Then, they only had a newsletter, earlier this year they quit that too.

Lorraine

message 10: by Ann (last edited Feb 05, 2011 03:56PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Lorraine:
Yes, I was a Skemer on AOL and still am though the group has evolved into a Yahoo Skemers group of about 129 members - SKEMERS@yahoogroups.com that still sends a daily digest out. It always sounded so fun that they went to Bangor and on trips together.
I mainly keep up with any Stephen King news by reading the Liljas-library.com news (also a Yahoo group with a newsletter) There is a SKEMERs on Facebook Group too.

Brakedrum wrote: "Ann, were you a member of the SKemers many years ago on the old AOL boards? I was, even got a shirt in 1997 from the group. They were very active and attended a yearly SK outing to Bangor, Maine. Then, they only had a newsletter, earlier this year they quit that too. ."

message 11: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Thanks Ann, I put the link in fav. places to check out at a later date.