Love Inspired Historicals discussion

The groundhog and us -- take the vote

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
By February the one thought on people's mind with all the cold, is when will it end?

I fogot about Ground Hog's day and just saw this --

"Punxsutawney Phil's handlers (he's the famous groundhog) told Groundhog Day revelers at Gobbler's Knob, a tiny hill in Punxsutawney, Pa., that the groundhog had not seen his shadow, meaning winter will end within six weeks, according to tradition"

Okay, now for the popular vote -- who wants winter to end in six weeks?

message 2: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
How about six days??? Janet, I noticed that Montana is FRIGID. Hope you're keeping warm. We're in the teens most days and the BLIZZARD went south of us.

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

Lyn -- I was feeling cold (it's been twenty degrees below zero at times here where I am in Montana), but then I heard from a writer friend in the northern part of Montana and it's been fifty below there!!! I couldn't believe it -- that is seriously cold!!!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I agree with Lyn! A few days would be fine with me.:) This is my second day in a row where we couldn't get to school because of severe ice everywhere. Emergency transportation only. Tomorrow may not be much better. It's the same huge storm that is affecting many states. Warm weather sounds wonderful. Janet, I thought our windchills of fifteen below were bad. I hope you stay nice and warm.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments lol and we are freezing with a windchill of 14 here in SE texas. lol Supposedly supposed to get snow friday...who knows?

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Im in Hawaii in america and winter is wonderful. Sorry that was mean of me. I know you want it over it looks bad.
spare a thought also for northern queensland thats just been hit by a massive cyclone. they dont need this.

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

Jenny -- I am so very glad you're in Hawaii soaking up the sun!

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments yes it is good just annoyed I cant get the lih books as I want some cant even find many christian fiction as there are a few I also want like Mary Connealy's book.

message 9: by Lyn (new)

Send us a little or a lot of Hawaii sunshine, Jenny!

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments will do as I leave tomorrow I will wish it your way!

message 11: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Well we are having wonderful weather in Ga, sunny today after a cloudy start the sun popped out and I even opened the windows for a healthy breeze. I am sorry there is such bad weather for everyone, I have a sister in Ky and brother in Nebraska that have had much to much snow and ice. Spring on the way I am sure would be just what they want to hear.

message 12: by Heidi (last edited Feb 03, 2011 09:08PM) (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I dislike summer. Heat, humidity, and bugs are not my friends :P, lol. I enjoy spring, but don't want summer to come any sooner. I honestly like fall and winter best of all of the seasons :). I'm torn on this issue!

message 13: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I think I was ready for winter to be over a LONG time ago. Six weeks sounds like an eternity right now...
It has been cold here since before Thanksgiving, and I am sick of being cold, but mostly I am sick of scraping my frosty and or snowy car windows!
Right now it's 14 degrees, but the nights get below zero. I am opposite Heidi on one part, I LOVE HEAT! I would gladly skip right to summer!

message 14: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
I wish winter would ease up for you gals who are having such severe weather this year, but winter is my favorite season and I'll be so sad to see it go. It'll be super hot here in Florida in a few months and I'll be dying. Ugh.

message 15: by JanetTronstad (new)

Carla -- actually, I love winter in Pasadena as well. It's the best time of year there, in my opinion.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Oh I love cold weather...just not this cold all the time! Dreading the heat and humidity that will come for SE texas....

message 17: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Oh I HATE this weather!! It kills me with all my medical stuff lol...so bad O_O Love to look at it, so pretty, but I guess my health trumps the beauty ; )

Speaking of health stuff, been having some really scary stuff happening lately, a lot all at once. I can give more details if you all want, make a post or something, but I wasn't sure if you would want me to or if you cared lol. I was just going to ask if you might say and extra prayer for me. I know I don't pop in enough, but I'd really appreciate it, ladies :/

message 18: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments I'm in Florida for a bit, avoiding the ice and snow back home. This has been a tough winter for much of the country. I hope the groundhog knows his stuff. :-)

Jenny, I'm bummed you can't find our books in Hawaii. Have a safe trip. Sorry for Australia's troubles.

Hannah, of course we care! I've added you to my prayer list.

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments LOL! Janet, I totally agree about the groundhog : ) Hehehe...lucky you to be in Florida! My number one priority if I was in FL would be to go finally meet one of my best friends in person (Cheryl Wyatt's niece it just so happens lol)!! Oh so envious of you :P

And aw thank you so much, Janet. I might put up a post just to fill you all in, haven't decided yet. Don't want to overstep my ground here!! But thank you so very much.

message 20: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments Supposedly spring is just around the corner but when I heard that yesterday I had to laugh. We are buried under the biggest snow fall we've had here ever and the temperatures are in the single digit. This morning it is below at -5 which also set a record. If spring is around the corner, it needs to hurry up.

message 21: by JanetTronstad (new)

Wow, Margaret, that is cold for where you are! Spring seems far away, doesn't it?

And Hannah -- yes, do a post. Let us know what is happening. I'll say a prayer right now.

message 22: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Thanks, Janet. Post is up, but I think I went a little overboard! LOL! Sorry bout that...

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Hannah wrote: "Thanks, Janet. Post is up, but I think I went a little overboard! LOL! Sorry bout that..."

You didn't go overboard! Hearing people's stories is always interesting....now if this cold rain would go away, but I don't think it will. Supposed to get ice in the next couple of hours and possibly snow in SE tx! lol no school tomorrow for anyone. Although, I still have to head to work as of right now. I have a feeling it will be dead. hahaha

message 24: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Lol, Jen, you are so amazing : )

(((big hugs))) THANK YOU!

Sorry to hear about the rain :/

message 25: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Hannah wrote: "LOL! Janet, I totally agree about the groundhog : ) Hehehe...lucky you to be in Florida! My number one priority if I was in FL would be to go finally meet one of my best friends in person (Cheryl..."

I feel fortunate indeed. Rains in the forecast but we aren't shoveling!

How fun that you know Cheryl Wyatt's niece!

message 26: by Janet (new)

Janet Dean | 466 comments Temperatures like Margaret is experiencing are scary. Take candles, matches, blankets, flashlight in your trunk if you have to travel.

message 27: by JanetTronstad (new)

Janet -- my writer friend, BJ Daniels who writes for Intrigue, lives a few hours north of where I am now with my parents and she had temperates of 50 below zero (no typo -- 50) the other night. That's when it's scary. Getting up close to zero is almost nice here (sorry to say).

message 28: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Janet -- my writer friend, BJ Daniels who writes for Intrigue, lives a few hours north of where I am now with my parents and she had temperates of 50 below zero (no typo -- 50) the other night. Th..."

holy cow! I can't imagine that....crazy

message 29: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments Janet Dean wrote: "Hannah wrote: "LOL! Janet, I totally agree about the groundhog : ) Hehehe...lucky you to be in Florida! My number one priority if I was in FL would be to go finally meet one of my best friends in..."

Oh my goodness!!! Bee is one of the absolute best things that happened to me in 2010, Janet! Seriously...I love her to death. She is so, so special and has God walking beside her in everything she does. Such an amazing friend. She's been trying for over a month to get me to transfer to her college down there with her!! LOL! I'd love to, but just don't think I can unfotunately lol...I know that she'd be so good for me in my daily life (we can't talk daily anymore now that she's back at school) and I think I can say I'd be good for her...somehow lol. We balance each other out. I'll stop now because honestly I could go one for hours about her! I so look forward to the day I can meet her : )

message 30: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments I'm hoping these temperatures shoot up about 30-40 degrees. We need to start the great melt, but they are predicting more snow this weekend and then next week. But I'm glad I'm not where it was -50 degrees below.

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Margaret wrote: "I'm hoping these temperatures shoot up about 30-40 degrees. We need to start the great melt, but they are predicting more snow this weekend and then next week. But I'm glad I'm not where it was -50..."

lol It shot up today for texas...funny to have weather in the 60's and 70's at the beginning of the week and then drop to the 20's and 30's for the last two days. Today it's actually 50 and it feels good! lol

message 32: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Daley (margaretdaley) | 202 comments It got into the mid 30s yesterday. Yay!! But they are now predicting another big storm on Tuesday and Wednesday. I have snow drifts up to my windowsill.

message 33: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Kingery (goodreadscomlaurie_kingery) | 137 comments Winter us the best time to have a deadline 'cos it's not worth going out anyway. Now if I just didn't have the pesky other job...
Blessings, Laurie Kingery

message 34: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments sunshine-rain-snow, spring summer fall or winter, Hey Ladies count your blessings, remember the ole saying one mans trash is another treasure. We are blessed with pretty good weather in Ga. Snow we look upon as a blessing as it comes so seldom....

message 35: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Texas Weather is so bipolar....it was in the sixties sunday and got cooler tonight. This is such an odd year for weather.

message 36: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments we seem to not be having much of a summer either. I came back to cooler weather than in Hawaii

message 37: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannah-banana) | 85 comments More snow. Lots more snow.

message 38: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments I'm more than ready for spring. A little chance of snow again on Wed. night here in south Mississippi. I thought the weather service predicted we where going to have a warmer than usual winter!

message 39: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I hate to say I want more summer today is going to be nice but we haven't had much of a summer this year.

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments lol, they told us we would have ice and then it would warm up today, but there wasn't ice, and then it's colder now than it was earlier this morning! Weather is so unpredictable!

message 41: by Lyn (new)

I just posted the grand finale of the Valentine Vacation at http://bit.ly/9UYZbd Let us know what you think of our story.