Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Dan's January Reads

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2709 comments 1. On The Line, S.J.Rozan. Interesting Bill book but instantly dated. The focus on internet searches and smart phones already seems a little stale.

2. The Wolf at the Door, Jack Higgins. Thriller that mixes British, American and Russian intelligence services with a little PIRA thrown into the mix.

3. Shooting at Midnight, Greg Rucka. Atticus Kodiak's girlfriend Bridgette is featured. Some nice twists.

4. Bad Blood, John Sanford. Virgil Flowers investigates and fornicates his way through southern ?Minnesota.

5. The Rembrandt Affair, Daniel Silva. Nazis, Iran, Swiss bankers. All the bad guys waiting for Gabriel Allon to get to them.

6. The Last Run, Grag Rucka. Another Iran-centered story with a female super-agent pulling off an intellige4nce coup.

7. Critical space, Grag Rucka. Atticus Kodiak walks a thin line when he learns the other side of the protection game.

Since my monthly book average for last year was about 4, this was a good month for me. I have a thousand pager for February (Fall of Giants), so I won't make 7 again.

Dan

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments You did have a good month, Dan-O! (My husband has been watching Hawaii 5-O!) I keep meaning to try Silva.

message 3: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2709 comments Silva's plotting and character development are strong. As long as you're ready for the solidly Israeli POV, Mel, I think you'd enjoy him.

message 4: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1233 comments I thought Shooting at Midnight was a great read and my favorite by Greg Rucka so far but I also really liked Critical Space too.

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3116 comments Rucka was always a fun read, though I backed off when he went to the King and Country series.

message 6: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2709 comments Sandi wrote: "I thought Shooting at Midnight was a great read and my favorite by Greg Rucka so far but I also really liked Critical Space too."

He's pretty consistent in quality IMO.

message 7: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2709 comments Barry wrote: "Rucka was always a fun read, though I backed off when he went to the King and Country series."

Haven't tried this series and will look carefully after your comment.

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14990 comments Barry and Dan:
I also have loved Greg Rucka's Atticus Kodiak series, and thought the Queen and Country novel, A Gentleman's Game: A Queen & Country Novel was good too with a powerful ending,though not quite the same.

message 9: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3116 comments After the good experience with Noah Boyd's Bricklayer I read Agent X, his latest. A truly superior read, and a hoot to boot! You'll like this Dan.

message 10: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2709 comments Barry wrote: "After the good experience with Noah Boyd's Bricklayer I read Agent X, his latest. A truly superior read, and a hoot to boot! You'll like this Dan."

I'll put it on my list right now. Thanks, Barry.