Good YA Series discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 487 (487 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Jul 06, 2011 04:13PM) (new)

Crystal (crystalways) | 305 comments Mod
Welcome to the group! I'm Crystal and I'm excited to find out what kinds of books you are interested in reading. Why don't you start out by telling us something about yourself, like "who's your favorite author?", "what's your favorite book?", and "how'd you find this group?".

message 2: by Lizz♥ (new)

Lizz♥ Mendiola (goodreadscomaffinityzd) | 6 comments Hi Crystal(: I'm Lizz(:

I jst LOVE reading books vampires mostly because I know they have love<3 and I love love:D Mmmmm. ..My two top favorite series would be Evernight, and VA. They're soooo goood!! :D

Richelle Mead is a genious, and Claudia Gray is an amazing writer! ((:

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Well hello! I love reading books about werewolves and vampires and creatures like that. Right now I am totally captivated by I Am Number Four, but it was Claudia Gray's Evernight Series that got me into reading these types of books.
I have lots of favorite authors, and lots of favorite books, but three of my main favorite books are Hush, Hush, Shiver, and Evernight.

message 4: by Lizz♥ (new)

Lizz♥ Mendiola (goodreadscomaffinityzd) | 6 comments What are hush, hush and silver about? (:

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hush, Hush is about fallen angels, and Shiver is about werewolves. Well kinda werewolves, Sam is a human in the summer months, and a wolf in the winter months. Very good books though, you should check them out.

message 6: by Lizz♥ (new)

Lizz♥ Mendiola (goodreadscomaffinityzd) | 6 comments Oh that sounds interesting(: it'll get me away from all the vampire books I've been reading haha(: have you read vampire academy? (:

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

yes, i love that series. haven't had a chance to read spirit bound yet though.

message 8: by Lizz♥ (new)

Lizz♥ Mendiola (goodreadscomaffinityzd) | 6 comments Are you serious? :O ohh my you need to finish the series! :D I jst finished it last night:D So now I shall get onto Hush, Hush(:

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

is spirit bound good? i really hope it is, hope that it ends happily.

message 10: by Lizz♥ (new)

Lizz♥ Mendiola (goodreadscomaffinityzd) | 6 comments It is good(: I mean that's the fifth book out of the series(: So there's only one more(: Totally worth the read:D

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

wait, wait.... i read spirit bound. im mixing up the names now, i meant the last sacrifice, thats the one that i need to read. :)

message 12: by Crystal (new)

tell me if hush hush is good. i really like the cover art and alot of people seem to like it

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

In my opinion, Hush, Hush is really good. and Patch is just AMAZING. its a really good series!

message 14: by Lizz♥ (new)

Lizz♥ Mendiola (goodreadscomaffinityzd) | 6 comments Ohhh! In that case then what are you waiting for?? Haha(: I'll soon be reading hush hush((:

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i just gotta go to the library to check it out, but im reading 3 books right now, so its gotta wait...unfortunately.

message 16: by Crystal (new)

I wanna say a quick hi to all our new members. I'm so glad you all joined. Since you guys are talking about it we might just read Hush, Hush soon.

message 17: by Aroura (new)

Aroura (redheadtress) | 1 comments Hello everyone! Im new! My name is Aroura, I look forward to reading with ya'll!

message 18: by Zulema (new)

Zulema (B00KReader) | 2 comments I've read Shiver and VA. Whats Hush,hush about? im thinking about reading Forbidden by tabitha suzuma and Shade by jeri smith-ready

message 19: by Crystal (new)

I would like to welcome all our new members. We now have eighteen! (Yay!!! :D) I'm so glad that because of the enjoyment we find in reading we can all come together and share our knowledge of good books out there.

If there's a book anyone feels we should read in particular, that person should for vote for it or write it in to the monthly poll we have for what book to read next month.

I know we talked about it in February, so if Hush Hush isn't voted for the book to read in June, it will be one of the books we read in July.

message 20: by Laci (new)

Laci (lacikcrawford) | 2 comments Hello all. My name is Laci and I am 23 years old and I love to read. I am currently reading Evernight by Claudia Gray. I am looking for a group that also does a book club. I have a lot going on right now and my way out of this world is sitting on my couch reading a book. :) I also do a blog that I am trying to get up and running....

http://lovepassionbooks.blogspot.com/

follow if you like...

Thanks for letting me join :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Dude, Evernight is so totally AWESOME!! ! I love that book with a burning passion of 12000 suns!

message 22: by Laci (new)

Laci (lacikcrawford) | 2 comments lol I'm glad I am just starting it and it seems pretty awesome :)

message 23: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie (macbwill) | 7 comments Hey everyone! My name is Mackenzie. I love reading these types of books and getting suggestions from people. I think my favorite series so far has been Vampire Academy. I can't get enough of it! Look forward to reading with you all!

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

HEY MACKENZIE!! ! VA so totally rocks, i love that series!

message 25: by Crystal (new)

I love the VA series too, Mackenzie. I'm really excited for Bloodlines to come out. I don't think I would have ever read it if the group members didn't recommend it, and I'm glad they did because now it's one of my favorite series.

message 26: by Penelope (The Reading Devil) (last edited Jun 09, 2011 12:00PM) (new)

Penelope (The Reading Devil) (thereadingdevil) HI! im penelope and i looovvee all these types of books! i also love book recommendations so if u have any ideas lemme kno! :p ooohh my fav series is the vampire diaries! i love it!

message 27: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie (macbwill) | 7 comments Crystal wrote: "I love the VA series too, Mackenzie. I'm really excited for Bloodlines to come out. I don't think I would have ever read it if the group members didn't recommend it, and I'm glad they did because n..."

Oh my! I am so flippin' excited for Bloodlines! When is it supposed to come out?

message 28: by Crystal (new)

Mackenzie wrote: "Oh my! I am so flippin' excited for Bloodlines! When is it supposed to come out?"

It comes out August 23rd (THREE DAYS BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY!!!).

message 29: by Crystal (new)

Penelope wrote: "HI! im penelope and i looovvee all these types of books! i also love book recommendations so if u have any ideas lemme kno! :p ooohh my fav series is the vampire diaries! i love it!"

I really loved the first four books for Vampire Diaries, but the second book in the Return series was kind of disappointing. I'm trying to talk myself into finishing Midnight. The TV series is really good though.

message 30: by Annie (new)

Annie Hi my name is Annie and I just love reading a good ya series. I would have to say my favorites (right now anyway) are Fallen By Lauren Kate, The Mortal Instruments, Hush Hush (I can't wait for the 3rd book to come out), and The Hunger Games.
Favorite authors are the ones who wrote my favorite books. I look forward to discussing ya books with yall.

message 31: by Crystal (new)

Annie wrote: "Hi my name is Annie and I just love reading a good ya series. I would have to say my favorites (right now anyway) are Fallen By Lauren Kate, The Mortal Instruments, Hush Hush (I can't wait for the..."

Welcome Annie! I love those books too (except for Hush Hush, but that's only because I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure I'll love it too when I do). Have you also read the Infernal Devices? I thought Clockwork Angel was surprisingly good. What about you?

message 32: by Annie (new)

Annie I bought it a few months ago and plan on reading it soon. I have heard really good things about it and also that it kind of ties in with the mortal instrument book.

message 33: by Crystal (new)

Annie wrote: "I bought it a few months ago and plan on reading it soon. I have heard really good things about it and also that it kind of ties in with the mortal instrument book."

Yeah it does, but it doesn't give anything away about Mortal Instruments and vise versa. You should read it.

message 34: by Annie (new)

Annie I will move it up on my to read list today. I have a friend loaning a book that I need to read after I finish passion but will read Clockwork as soon as I get through with it.

I'm always looking for recommendations for a good ya series. I also love to recommend good books when I read them. I joined this group because I saw yall have read a lot of the same books i have and also some of the upcoming books are ones I was planning on reading. So I look forward to discussing them with yall. I am a self proclaimed book junkie and ya is what I love most.

message 35: by Mackenzie (new)

Mackenzie (macbwill) | 7 comments Hey Annie! I love all the books you mentioned! Especially Hush, Hush. :)

message 36: by Amiee (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments HI EVERYONE!!! im new,just joined,CRYSTAL told me too!! thanxx crystal, for i think this group is cool!!! i luv reading books of vamipers and werewolves:) i've completed the whole TWILIGHT SAGA! i luv em',ive read 'shiver and linger' and waitin for
'forever'i've read one book of the VA series,i don't have anyidea about hush,hush? CRYSTAL can u tell me!

message 37: by Crystal (new)

I still haven't read Hush, Hush, but I definitely will soon soon.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

It is fantastic! Patch is just completely amazing...

message 39: by Amiee (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments jenna can u tell me something bout hush,hush!!im bit 2 curious!

message 40: by Jurga (new)

Jurga | 37 comments Hi all, I love vampires and angels :) The last series I've read is Hush, hush and Crescendo (starving to "silence") , am reading "kissed by an angel" now and fallen series is awaiting in the shelf :)
Becca's Fitzpatrick debut book "hush , hush" was absolutely amazing!

message 41: by Amiee (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments Jurga wrote: "Hi all, I love vampires and angels :) The last series I've read is Hush, hush and Crescendo (starving to "silence") , am reading "kissed by an angel" now and fallen series is awaiting in the shelf ..."

please someone tell me about hush,hush???ive asked so many people!!

message 42: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (crazyniko) | 18 comments I am looking forward to reading "Hush Hush" but I am also finishing "Vampire Academy" and I am in the 4th book and I am loving it!! I just want to have fun reading and meet people who read the same books I do :):):) This seams like the perfect club!

message 43: by Crystal (new)

I glad that you guys like vampires and angels too. I think I will always be vampire girl (I just can't escape it), but angels are kind of new territory for me. It's becoming a recurring theme in the books I've been reading lately though, and I love them just as much as vamps.

Amarabati, from what I've heard, Hush Hush is another angel book, and a lot of people who have similar interests as me love it.

message 44: by Amiee (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments k,thanx crystal,i guess ill soon buy hush,hush,im interested

message 45: by Amiee (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments Andrea wrote: "I am looking forward to reading "Hush Hush" but I am also finishing "Vampire Academy" and I am in the 4th book and I am loving it!! I just want to have fun reading and meet people who read the sam..."

i agree wid u that this group is cool:)all the members here kinda read the same kinda books!YA...

message 46: by Jurga (new)

Jurga | 37 comments Amarabati, you can read about the Hush Hush - where people comment the book itself ;) Noone is gonna tell you more, it wouldn't be interesting to read then. What I'm sure off- you'll love it since you're in this club :) Love, mystery, secrets.... mmmm... just what I like :)

message 47: by Amiee (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments Jurga wrote: "Amarabati, you can read about the Hush Hush - where people comment the book itself ;) Noone is gonna tell you more, it wouldn't be interesting to read then. What I'm sure off- you'll love it since ..."

i love reading mystery,horror and books full of enchantment!!

message 48: by Amiee (last edited Jun 26, 2011 09:59AM) (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments does someone in this group luv reading meg cabot books or cathy cassidy?? well,i luv readin' meg cabot but i think cathy cassidy writes rubbish!!!do u people
agree??

message 49: by Crystal (new)

I haven't read cathy cassidy's books, but Meg Cabot has always been a favorite author of mine.

message 50: by Amiee (new)

Amiee (amieebukcrazy) | 11 comments hey,crystal u online??

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10