J.D. Robb discussion

New York to Dallas (In Death, #33)
This topic is about New York to Dallas
In Death Books > New York To Dallas (Spoiler Zone)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 85 (85 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Alyssa (last edited Feb 02, 2011 05:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) This was posted on JD Robb's Official Facebook Fan Page:

NY2D (Sept.) is built around a case involving the criminal from Eve's first, career-making bust when she was fresh out of the Academy. The case pulls her to Dallas where Eve will have to face the place that haunts her.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13653 comments Mod
This sounds like the description of Reunion In Death. I don't believe the publisher has released anything on this title. Last I checked, they only clarified that this would be a one time departure from the typical In Death titling. We may get more info once Treachery is released.

message 3: by Alyssa (last edited Feb 02, 2011 05:26AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) While it does sound a lot like Reunion in Death it is not. This blurb came directly from JD Robb's Official Fan Page on Facebook and was just posted on Monday (1/31) - the full post reads as follows:

Just two more weeks until Treachery in Death! And here's some more In Death news that answers some of the questions about New York to Dallas:

NY2D (Sept.) is built around a case involving the criminal from Eve's first, career-making bust when she was fresh out of the Academy. The case pulls her to Dallas where Eve wil...l have to face the place that haunts her.
Monday at 9:03am ·LikeUnlike · · View Feedback (677)Hide Feedback (677)

If you'll also remember, the original case referenced in Reunion involving Julianna, while it was from her past was not her very first career-making bust fresh out of the academy.

What I'm hoping for is to get more info on her mother in this book. I know she'll be working another case but I want a little more time spent on how she copes & information she finds out about her past. We didn't get a lot of that in Reunion. Hopefully facing Dallas again will begin the healing process for her.

message 4: by Kotoha (new) - added it

Kotoha | 7 comments Product Description on Amazon.co.uk: Twelve years ago, Eve Dallas was just a rookie NY cop when her instincts led her to the apartment of Isaac McQueen, a man she discovered to be a sick murderer and paedophile, who was keeping young girls in cages. Now a homicide Lieutenant, Eve is one of the most distinguished officers in the city - and then she learns that McQueen has escaped from jail. Bent on revenge against Eve and with a need to punish more 'bad girls' McQueen heads to Dallas, Texas - the place where Eve was found as a child, the place where she killed her own abusive monster when she was only eight years old. With Eve and Roarke in pursuit of McQueen, everything is on the line and secrets from Eve's past are about to be shockingly revealed.

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments when does this come out?

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13653 comments Mod
Elizabeth wrote: "when does this come out?"

September

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Thank you SO much Kotoha!!!! You've made my day :)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments thanks!!!!!!

Tina | 103 comments This book intrigues me a lot. First is the fact that it is not named "...In Death' and that it feels like we will finally learn the whole truth about Eve's past. I know there are more ".... In Death" titles planned but I wonder if this is a ramp up to ending the series?

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Tina wrote: "This book intrigues me a lot. First is the fact that it is not named "...In Death' and that it feels like we will finally learn the whole truth about Eve's past. I know there are more ".... In De..."

I'm very much looking forward to it for those same reasons Tina.

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments I freaking hope not!! But I think its cool that the name is like the flight? I just got that I didn't understand it before

message 12: by Kotoha (last edited Apr 10, 2011 09:34AM) (new) - added it

Kotoha | 7 comments In Judgment in Death (Chp 18 & 20), Eve recalls that she and her father were last in New York before they ended up in Dallas on the run from Max Ricker. Richard Troy took Ricker's money & drugs and decided to head south from New York. Before Ricker's men could find them, Eve killed her father first. It appears that the title "New York to Dallas" has more than one significance, referring to both past and present. We might actually get the full story about Eve before she was eight.

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Kotoha wrote: "In Judgment in Death (Chp 18 & 20), Eve recalls that she and her father were last in New York before they ended up in Dallas on the run from Max Ricker. Richard Troy took Ricker's mo..."

oooh! when i read this on my phone i gasped and people stared haha
o

message 14: by Kotoha (last edited Apr 11, 2011 09:21PM) (new) - added it

Kotoha | 7 comments More speculations.

In Reunion in Death, Eve eventually remembers that Richard Troy intended for her to start taking clients in Dallas since she was turning eight and that was old enough. I wondered if Isaac McQueen were in anyway involved with this and if he were acquainted with Richard Troy and the child Eve then. How much does Isaac McQueen know about Eve's past and how did he find out? (Bearing in mind, Roarke erased the HSO records in Divided in Death.)

In Treachery in Death, Eve told Dr Mira that she haven't had nightmares for awhile and that it feels mostly done, though it's still down there in the deep, and never all the way done. It's interesting that in the next book, Eve will have to confront her past, just when she's beginning to make her peace with it.

If someone had the time, one could go through all the In Death books, and compile what Eve has recalled so far in regards to her childhood, especially what happened in New York and Dallas.

message 15: by Kotoha (new) - added it

Kotoha | 7 comments Product Description on Amazon.com
The number-one New York Times–bestselling author J. D. Robb presents an intense and terrifying new case for New York homicide cop Eve Dallas, one that will take her all the way to the city that gave her her name — and plunge her into the nightmares of her childhood. When a monster named Isaac McQueen — taken down by Eve back in her uniform days — escapes from Rikers, he has two things in mind. One is to pick up where he left off, abducting young victims and leaving them scarred in both mind and body. The other is to get revenge on the woman who stopped him all those years ago.

message 16: by Mrs. (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments Poor Eve. Just when she was coming to terms with everything :(
I hope we learn more about her "mother".

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Same! And did anyone else get the feeling that Roarkes father might have raped Eve? Because i was reading where it says about how Patrick (isnt that his name?) knows Eves dad and how Eves dad had people come in and WOOHOO. but idk if i just infered all of that...HELP!

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments I don't think so, Elizabeth. Eve remembered him, but she was hoping Patrick would help keep her father away from her.

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments okay THANK YOU! ha. i was feeling stressed :/

message 20: by Mrs. (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mrs. Badass (mrsbadass) | 27 comments No, No-one but the monster that was her sperm donor raped Eve, but he was (view spoiler)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments oh, okay that makes me feel better about everything! thanks!

message 22: by Tya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tya I've got to say, I'm super nervous about New York to Dallas. The parts dealing with Eve's childhood have always been hard for me to read.

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) Tya wrote: "I've got to say, I'm super nervous about New York to Dallas. The parts dealing with Eve's childhood have always been hard for me to read."

I understand your feelings but, I'm the opposite. I want to read them because I think it will help give me closure just as it will Eve. Hopefully!!!

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments I'm kind of in the middle here. I agree with both of you. It might be hard to get through, but it sounds interesting and I'm curious too see what Nora does with it.

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments I agree with Vanessa!

Alyssa (alyssa_hesper) I agree Vanessa, it will definitely be a hard to get through read.

message 27: by Tya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tya But, when I think about it...definite hard to get through for us and for Eve, but Eve has Roarke so there should be lots of comforting/aww moments in the book.

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Ah, comforting from Roarke, yummy!!

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments sorry i have been gone forEVER but i was in a car accident and i was hit head on by a bus!!!!! yea and i had a concusion! but i am okay now :))

Vanessa (vanessamc) | 646 comments Wow Elizabeth, thank God you're okay. A head on with a bus?!? Nice to have you back and whole.

message 31: by Tya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tya oh my gosh! Thank goodness that you're ok now, how friggin' scary!!

Zaanodes | 38 comments Elizabeth wrote: "sorry i have been gone forEVER but i was in a car accident and i was hit head on by a bus!!!!! yea and i had a concusion! but i am okay now :))"

Owww, hope the head is better soon!

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Thanks guys :) yea I didn't remember anything but apparently I was repeating myself a ton and when my friend who was in the accident with me called me the next day to see how I was I didn't even remember I was in an accident!! I still don't remember anything...well I remember up to sixth period but then apparently my two friends cane over after school and we took pictures for about an hour put on a ton of makeup and pretty much acted crazy :p...and we decided to go to Applebees and when we got on the freeway my friends truck spun all the way around to face oncoming traffic and BAM. Aapparently I was holding hands with the friend that called be and we were screaming like crazy! Imagine my suprise when she calls ne at nine o clock on a Tuesday an tells me all of this! I woke up and was just thinking oh no I'm really late for school! Then i find all these monitoring patches and a band aid were the IV was. Ew :(

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Holy crap! I'm glad you're ok!!!

I'm so excited about NY2D! It's the first ID book I've had to wait for, and it seems like it's going to be awesome!

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments First I had to wait for too! And I am not sure. I haven't seen Any

message 36: by Kotoha (new) - added it

Kotoha | 7 comments I'm wondering if this would be the UK cover for the book..
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/im...

I hope not.

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments Holy crap... I don't know how I feel about the cover, but the words are EXCITING!!!!

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments ohmy god. INTENSE. and have you seen the excerpt?!

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments i got if off of facebook. :)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments I'm not reading it! I'm not reading it! (Maybe if I keep saying that I'll start to believe it?)

Sara ♥ (saranicole) | 1038 comments When does this freaking thing come out???!?!!??? Not till September? Oh my GOSH!!! How will I wait that long??!?!?!!?????!?!?!!? (I'm a bit excited. Sorry for the excessive punctuation!)

message 42: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Thanks guys :) yea I didn't remember anything but apparently I was repeating myself a ton and when my friend who was in the accident with me called me the next day to see how I was I didn't even re..."

Glad your back with us, Elizabeth. This is the first time I have read this thread. I didn't think there would be much said abut NY 2 D. Glad to know I was wrong.

message 43: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments If in NY 2 D Eve's mother pops up, do you think she is still going to be a junkie whore or could she have cleaned up her act?

message 44: by Tya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tya Personally, I'm hoping we learn that Eve's "mother"
pops up its only long enough to identify her dead body. Or Peabody gets to beat her up for some reason! (I just can't imagine someone beating up there own mom...weird)

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Imagining Peabody beating up Eve's mom to take get vengeance for Eve is so heartwarming! It's weird that imagining someone getting beat up could be heartwarming, but it is!

message 46: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I understand the sentiment about wanting Peabody to beat up on Eve's mom but it would give new dimensions if the witch had changed.

message 47: by Tya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tya As a reader, I for one, would not be able to forgive Eve's mom even if she had changed. I think her changing would make everything worse...Eve's mom knew what sort of man her ex had been, how come she hasn't gone searching for Eve(that we know of anyway?) I think meeting Eve's mom is going to be HARD for Roarke, remember how he wanted to destroy the federal agents, or whoever who had Eve's dad under survellience when Eve was a kid in Dallas and they all turned their backs while Eve was being abused and turned a blind eye (technical malfunctions or whatever) when Eve killed him? Wasn't Eve's justification for not letting Roarke kill/destroy them that they were just doing their jobs, following orders? What, if anything will hold Roarke back from going after Eve's mother? He almost went behind Eve's back to get them, what's going to stop him from going after her???

message 48: by Dee (last edited Jul 13, 2011 10:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments No way no how do I think Eve should automatically forgive and forget. I just think if Stella is still a junkie whore and has no redeeming qualities like Eve's father had been she becomes seriously one-dimensional and she brings nothing to the table. You might as well not introduce her but if something has happened that has changed her it makes Stella a more complicated character.
As for Roarke, yes he would want to get back at her but he won't. I cannot imagine Roarke abusing a women, even if she deserves it.

Elizabeth (ezepeze11) | 582 comments Ew. no WAY is Eve going to forgive and forget. i mean, do we know here at ALL?

message 50: by Tya (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tya I don't think Roarke will go after her physically...but there's more than one way to skin a cat! I do see how having Eves mom changed would make for a good story but...ew. I hate her and want nothing but the worst for her..that can be compelling too, right?!

« previous 1