Jonathan Maberry discussion

General Discussion > Questions for Maberry

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Micheal (new)

Micheal Shea | 106 comments Mod
Are there any questions you want to ask Jonathan Maberry?

message 2: by Micheal (new)

Michealbank wrote: "Are there any questions you want to ask Jonathan Maberry?"

I will start. I am a comic book nerd and I recently read Marvel Universe Versus The Punisher and I was wondering, do you hate Daredevil? I just kind of got that feeling.

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael | 15 comments I have a question (or two). Will you ever return to Pine Deep? I heard something about a short story of Joe Ledger visiting Pine Deep?? I would also like to know how Iron Mike is doing with his tasks (I don't want to give too much away for those who have not read the books)

message 4: by Micheal (new)

Have you based one of your characters on yourself?

message 5: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (jonathan_maberry) | 44 comments Mike Sweeney (his home life, not his supernatural life) is based on mine.

message 6: by Micheal (new)

I can relate there. I had a really abusive step father also. I still have nightmares.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) I sensed that you might have that kind of experience especially because so many of your books are centered around characters who overcome a very dark past and the adversities it placed in their way.

I'm sorry that happened to you but I'm also glad you can channel it into characters like Mike who stand as examples of those who moved on and did something good afterwards. I like to think that lots of people take that as a balm and as an example of how to move on. Thanks for offering that to others who've been there. I had the emotional and mental side of that sort of past my self. Books and my imagination got me through.

message 8: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (jonathan_maberry) | 44 comments Writing is a cathartic process for a lot of people, pros and amatuers alike. I did a play about overcoming abuse back in the 1980s, which was produced on both coasts, TALES FROM THE FIRE ZONE, and I plan to novelize it. It's a highly surreal novel about reinventing the world so that it's the one you choose to live in, as opposed to enduring the one you're born into.

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda M. Lyons (amandamlyons) Jonathan wrote: "Writing is a cathartic process for a lot of people, pros and amatuers alike. I did a play about overcoming abuse back in the 1980s, which was produced on both coasts, TALES FROM THE FIRE ZONE, and..."

I'd like to read that :)