Kannapolis Paranormal Booksuckers discussion

Book Club Discussions > April Book Topic-River Marked

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (last edited Feb 01, 2011 02:47PM) (new)

Jessica (chey1) | 652 comments Mod
River Marked by Patricia Briggs

River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs

message 2: by Jessica (new)

This has been my favorite in the series!

message 3: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments Crap, I haven't read it yet! I'm either going to have to buy it or check it out... I'll put it on hold while I decide ;)

message 4: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments I can't find it on the library's site. So, that answers it. Going to buy. Finally found something to use my $10 Amazon credit for!

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Well, if you can't buy it, the Kannapolis library just ordered two copies, plus the copies that the other branches are ordering!

message 6: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments OK, I'm coming to pick up Torment in a little bit, so I'll get put on hold for it!

message 7: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Curtis | 6 comments I'm new, to both the group and the site, does this group ever do meetings or suchlike? Also, going to have to wait my turn on the hold list for the Briggs book.

message 8: by Jessica (new)

We will probably do a meeting this summer, maybe for the new Sookie book?

message 9: by Trevor (new)

Trevor Curtis | 6 comments I'd like that, or for the new Anita Blake in May?

message 10: by Pam (new)

Pam Cooper | 15 comments ****Spoiler Alert*****

I thought this book was one of her better ones! The wedding scene was priceless!

message 11: by Chasity (new)

Chasity | 16 comments I need to read this! I bought it the day after it came out but I have been so busy I haven't been able to read it yet.

message 12: by Jessica (new)

It was really good so put down your knitting needles and get to reading!

message 13: by Chasity (new)

Chasity | 16 comments Will do!

message 14: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda | 10 comments I loved the book i wish it had come out last year. we were at columbia gorge last summer and would have loved to see the monument. we almost crossed the bridge. did see the falls.

message 15: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments Taking it off my que!!! I just opened one of my birthday presents to find it waiting on top of the pile. I love my husband.

message 16: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments Queue*

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Wow! He did good!

message 18: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments Finished! I really liked this book, but did feel some things were a bit rushed. Or maybe I just wished the book lasted longer. I wanted to keep reading about Mercy!

message 19: by Jessica (new)

I could have used another 200 pages but I am selfish! I loved the explanation of how she is tied to Coyote. That was really neat.

message 20: by Jessica (new)

After reading this one, I feel the need to go back and reread the entire series :) I like how Mercedes and Adams relationship has progressed throughout the series. I wish she would do a prequel and show how they met!

message 21: by Chasity (new)

Chasity | 16 comments I would love to read a prequel! Loving this book, almost finished and I agree that she did a great job explaining the connection.

message 22: by Jessica (new)

So what was your favorite scene from the book?

message 23: by Peaches (new)

Peaches (princesspeaches) | 94 comments I'm such a romantic, probably the wedding scene.

Secondly, I love the scenes between Mercedes and her father. Learning where she came from.

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Well, the wedding scene was fantastic! She is too much of a tomboy to have been into all the froo-froo of wedding planning so it was perfect to have it all as a surprise!

message 25: by Jessica (new)

Can you believe that some people hate this book? They complain that it is too slow and not enough action. I liked this book because it brought us into the characters relationship-we had the ability to see Mercedes and Adam away from everyone else and just see them as a couple, not an alpha and his mate. Speaking of adam, people were complaining about not liking him! I think those people live in crazy town!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

River Marked (other topics)