Christian Romance Readers discussion

How do you read?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Redding (momredding) | 5 comments I just joined so I hope it is okay to start a topic... :-)
Do you only read tangible books that you can buy or check out or do you have a reader? If you have a reader, what kind is it?

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Redding (momredding) | 5 comments I have a Pandigital Novel (eReader) which runs from the Nook application via Barnes & Noble. I absolutely love it and I am so happy that I found a site that specifically lists free Christian eBooks.

I am interested in Lending/Borrowing books if anyone else here has a compatible reader. I also have a list of Lendable books on my profile.

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dutton I have a Kindle reader. I just got it a few weeks ago but have been suprised at the books that are offered on it. It seems that I have been reading even more than usual. There are often several Christian books for free offered on Amazon for the Kindle.

message 4: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Redding (momredding) | 5 comments Do you get yours from The Vessel Project or just find them on your own?

http://vesselproject.com/category/boo... is a great resource for Christian Fiction and most end up being romance which is even better!

message 5: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dutton There is a Kindle forum and a lady posts the free books each day. Today there were like 6 free ones that were Christian themed.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dutton Free Christian Kindle eBooks 2/1/11

Talk of the Town-- Lisa Wingate
A Promise to Remember-- Katherine Cushman
Candle in the Darkness-- Lynn Austin
The Choice-- Suzanne Woods Fisher

Sorry.. thought there were a couple more.

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Redding (momredding) | 5 comments Thank you Andrea! These were not listed on Vessel earlier but are now. I was able to get all 4 of them free for Nook. What is the site you are referring to?

message 8: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Dutton You're welcome! I found these on the Amazon site. If you go to the Kindle store and click on Discussions at the top of the page it takes you into a Kindle forum. One poster usually posts all the free books for Kindle for that day.

I just finished reading Stuck in the Middle by Virginia Smith. It is free on the Kindle and Nook too. It was a really cute read!

message 9: by Kristy (new)

Kristy (riverunbroken) | 31 comments http://ireaderreview.com/2009/08/17/4...

You can subscribe to the above and get a list of free books daily. It's awesome. I have a Kindle by the way, and I love it! I read books and kindle books.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachel_billings) | 5 comments I'm definitely a hard copy kind of girl. There's nothing like the feeling of a book in your hands! I love to see my own personal library growing - walking up to my bookshelves and scanning the spines, flipping through a few of them... :) Then again I work at a Christian Bookstore, so I may be a little biased. The only thing I would really ever use a reader for is traveling, maybe. Or to purchase books with a short shelf life. I really enjoy reading the Love Inspired Suspense $5 books, but after a month or two the physical copies are usually unavailable. There are a lot of back lists I would love to read that you can purchase on a reader -or- I just noticed I have an app on my phone for kindle (although it seems like it would be hard reading on a screen that size).