Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Barnes & Noble Talk > Searching for books on BN.com

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (JK) (new)

Jamie (JK) (eimajtl) Does anyone know if there's a way to filter out erotica? I really don't care for the crap, but the eBook sections are filled with the stuff. It's not something I can't live with, but would prefer not to.

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol I was thinking about that, too! There is a lot of that on the nook books site. I told my daughter that I had no idea so much of that existed until I got my Nook.

message 3: by Marné (new)

Marné (heylucy) JK wrote: "Does anyone know if there's a way to filter out erotica? I really don't care for the crap, but the eBook sections are filled with the stuff. It's not something I can't live with, but would prefer n..."
I would really like to know this too. The recommendations system in the nook shop is really not very good. I have no interest in romance or erotica books and they keep popping up. I also get a lot of recommendations for books I've already read, and I'd like to be able to indicate this without needing to write a whole review.

message 4: by Hillary (new)

Hillary (eledri) Well, if you are searching for the books on their website it lets you break it down to sci-fi, fiction, romance, so on and so forth, and then from there you can refine the search further. If you are just wanting to look at books without refining, I'm afraid you're stuck waist deep sloshing through all the erotica. :\

Now if you are wanting to search on the nook itself, well...search for authors is my best suggestion. Ones you know you like, ones you are interested in...so on. That will help, otherwise like previously...enjoy the slosh through the erotica.