Cozy Mysteries discussion

Buddy Reads > Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries #1)

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judy (new)

Judy (julianka) | 38 comments Would anybody like to do a Buddy Read for this one for February? If you have an ereader you can get it free right now from Amazon or Barnes and Noble. I started it last night and I'm really liking it.

Invisible (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #1) by Lorena McCourtney

message 2: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 418 comments Sounds like a cute book, but I can't get to the library right now and I don't have an ereader yet.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

You can get the Kindle for PC then you just read the book at your computer. :D Thats how my sister got me hooked and I ended up buying a kindle.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy (julianka) | 38 comments I figure we could give this the entire month of February to give people without ereaders time to get the book. I mentioned the ereaders because free ebooks don't always stay free forever so if you want the ebook grabbing it now would be a good idea.

I am liking it, I've got a chunk of pages left (a "chunk" meaning about 25 on my Nook.) It's more "Christian" than I usually read but not enough to bother me, and I'd say it counts as a cozy. And it's funny, it's given me quite a few laugh out loud moments.

message 5: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3906 comments Mod
Well, I've got in my TBB (what a news!), and it's OK for my ABC challenge ;) I suppose I'll give it a try.

message 6: by Paula (new)

Paula | 104 comments I have it downloaded and will try and get to it.

message 7: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (vampirekisses2) | 418 comments I will see if I can get this in time from the library. I don't like reading things on my computer.

message 8: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cwsmith) I'll give it a try. I need frequent breaks from War and Peace... which is definitely NOT a cozy.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate (kate28) | 141 comments I have it on my kindle! haven't read it yet but I think there are three in the series

message 10: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin C (caitkom) | 199 comments I just got this one for my Cruz. I have a long list of books to read, but I will give this one a try!

message 11: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 821 comments I've got it on my Kindle too. If I can finish up my library books, I may give it a try ;)

message 12: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin C (caitkom) | 199 comments I just started this one last night on my Cruz. Only a few chapters in, but so far not too bad.

message 13: by Paula (new)

Paula | 104 comments I liked it Caitlin, I'm looking forward to the next book.

message 14: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) I recently read it - it was pretty good... definitely some amusing lines and moments. I've noticed a lot of the freebies are Christian fiction. I don't mind it but it's not exactly my thing either so I'm going to be more careful about not grabbing free Christian fiction.

message 15: by Paula (new)

Paula | 104 comments I don't do much Christian fiction either but I have read a few good authors. I didn't think this one was too preachy so I'll read another.

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cwsmith) Just finished this a few days ago. I like the perspective of an "older" woman and, as someone rapidly becoming an older woman, I agree with the premise of invisibility. While this is definitely Christian fiction, the tone is very realistic (from one who works in a very Christian environment) while not overwhelming a cute little plot. I will read the next one when I ready for another cute mystery.

message 17: by Paula (new)

Paula | 104 comments Cindy have you read Anne George? They are not Christian fiction but a real cute cozy series of older sisters. I think it's called the Southern Sisters series. George has passed away but I love the books even though I know there won't be more than 8.

message 18: by Paula (new)

Paula | 104 comments Cindy have you read Anne George? They are not Christian fiction but a real cute cozy series of older sisters. I think it's called the Southern Sisters series. George has passed away but I love the books even though I know there won't be more than 8.

message 19: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3906 comments Mod
This time I'm going to skip it, I'm afraid. I haven't had a lot of time in February. I'll put in my TBR for another moment.

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy (julianka) | 38 comments I liked it and will read more in the series. I liked for once reading about an amateur sleuth who's older than me! Plus the humour was great.

Mary  (Biblophile) | 4529 comments I just started it on my Kindle. Didn't realize it was a Christian read but really doesn't bother me as it's not over the top. I, too, liked the perspective of an older woman and some of the observations are quite funny and very true.

Another series featuring two older women I like is written by Corrinne Holt. The two elderly women reside in a retirment home and are always involving themselves in murder.

message 22: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin C (caitkom) | 199 comments Finished this one a few days ago. It was a little on the religious side for my liking, but it didn't deter me from the book. I liked Ivy a lot so I will probably pick up the next one.

message 23: by Chris (new)

Chris Curtis (cjccur) | 68 comments Thank you for bringing this book to my attention. I downloaded it to my phone and have enjoyed reading it every day at lunch. I like Christian fiction and liked Ivy a lot.

message 24: by Karen (new)

Karen I am a Christian so I ordered one of these. I did not think they were suspenseful enough for me and I know you did this read last month, but maybe I will try one again since my Library does have them.