Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Lorraine's Jan. Reads

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments I've only completed 2 books in January.

What the Night Knows by Dean Koontz
An evil entity inhabits various victims to murder others. A very violent book.

Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
This was on my tbr pile for awhile. Needed something lightweight after Koontz's book.

I also read over 200 pages of Twain's autobiography. I plan on reading about 200 pages at a time, take a break, read something else and return to this hefty book.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Well you couldn't have picked more opposite books than those ;)

message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Are you enjoying the Twain, Lorraine?

message 4: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Yes, Twain's book is very interesting. He reveals more of his life, which he never printed before in full detail. Example: his dream he had about his younger brother's death. He never wrote/said anything because his mother was still alive when he wrote an article. His brother dying was exactly as he had dreamed.
Currently reading about his neighbor, a retired General from the Civil War, that killed the son of Frances Scott Key.
Many times he states that he can now write his thoughts because it's 100 years after his death.

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14959 comments Lorraine - the Twain autobiography does sound quite interesting! I hope to get the Koontz again soon, it went back to the library unread last Saturday. too little time, too many books.
Brakedrum wrote: "Yes, Twain's book is very interesting. He reveals more of his life, which he never printed before in full detail. Example: his dream he had about his younger brother's death. He never wrote/said..."

message 6: by Shomeret (new)

Shomeret | 1390 comments Re 100 years after his death-- I believe that there are still Twain writings locked in a vault to be released at a more distant period than 100 years after his death, but I could be wrong.

I just picked up Twain autobio volume 1 from the library today. I feel fortunate that I didn't drop it on my foot, and I don't think I'll get to it. I would like to get to it, but it's too unrealistic with school and other library books waiting.