The Next Best Book Club discussion

Group Read Discussions > Wuthering Heights - no Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
Believe it or not, I dont want to be spoiled!

message 2: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments I always forget if I read this book or not, and I did. Remember that it wasn't a book I enjoyed, it was heavy, slow to read, dark but after having finished I had this feeling that I was glad I had read it and actually liked it. But just liked it.

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (thisoilfieldwife) | 134 comments Just got my copy today (Thank you USPS!). Going to start reading it later tonight!

message 4: by Julia (new)

Julia Bella | 9 comments the first time I tried to read this book, I was 13. I disliked it almost immediately, but of course, I was 13. I think it was a difficult read for me then. Now, as an adult, I'm 8 chapters in and totally hooked.

The most intriguing thing about it for me so far is how thoroughly unlikeable all the characters are. But even though they are unlikeable, I'm still very interested in what happens to them and why.

message 5: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10125 comments Mod
I read this a few years ago because I thought it was just one of those books you HAD to read... you know?

I absolutely loathed it. I had to force myself to finish it. I think I actually felt physical pain while reading it. Ugh. Best of luck to you all :)

message 6: by Arda (new)

Arda (arda_nl) | 58 comments I started reading a few days ago but didn't really get into it yet.. maybe that has something to do with being tired... so I'm gonna try again later today!

Think I should read it at least once...

message 7: by Arda (new)

Arda (arda_nl) | 58 comments I had a hard time getting into the story, but now I finished chapter 8 I think I've got it. Will definitely continue reading, I want to know what happens next. Tomorrow another day of traveling so hopefully get some reading done :)

message 8: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (thisoilfieldwife) | 134 comments So how far is everyone into the book? And what do you think of the characters so far?

I am nearly halfway through it and find most of them are horrid people, but I love them all!

message 9: by Jethro (new)

Jethro (jethroclarke) | 1 comments This book has been sitting on my bookshelf for quite a while and I still haven't gotten around to giving it a try. I plan to read it soon though, or else I'll forget that it was ever on my shelf at all.