Exclusive Books discussion

Summer sale gems

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chanté (new)

Chanté | 7 comments Hi, thought this might be nice to discuss what gems we've found at the sale lately!

At brooklyn we unpacked like 350 boxes and were abit disappointed by the variety... but did find a few beauties! what were your finds?

message 2: by Kelso (new)

Kelso Ansara (kelsolikesbooks) | 4 comments Neil Gaiman Full collection
James Bond Hardcovers
Broadway Musical coffee table book (This is my Biggest/brigthest gem find on the sale in the past 3 years!!)

message 3: by Chanté (new)

Chanté | 7 comments WOW! That's seriously good!

I only saw one hardcover James Bond (with love from russia) which is said to be his best cos he thought it would be his last book in the series.

Getting the full Gaiman collection is special too! Can't believe it! I read his american Gods last month and couldn't believe what went on in that man's mind!

Happy reading Kelso!

message 4: by Lauren (last edited Mar 03, 2011 11:46PM) (new)

Lauren Smith Didn't even see this thread before, but I'll post now. I found quite a lot, mostly in hardcover:

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs The New Bedside Playboy by Hugh M. Hefner Conversations on Religion by A.C. Grayling Air (Gollancz) by Geoff Ryman The Gone-Away World by Nick Harkaway Company of Liars by Karen Maitland Gradisil (GollanczF.) by Adam Roberts God Is Not Great How Religion Poisons Everything by Christopher Hitchens Other Colours by Orhan Pamuk A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole Man in the Dark A Novel by Paul Auster The Fall of Troy by Peter Ackroyd Touchstones Essays in Literature, Art and Politics by Mario Vargas Llosa The Last Witchfinder by James Morrow Curious Pursuits by Margaret Atwood

Since I'm no longer working at EB I really miss my discount though :( On the other hand, I've found that the sales have been WAY better in Pretoria (Brooklyn) than they ever were at my branch (Canal Walk in Cape Town). I mean, this was quite a good sale for me, but the last 2 sales at Brooklyn were even better.

message 5: by Chanté (new)

Chanté | 7 comments That's brilliant! You found a whole lot more than I did! I spoke to Rob Short and apparently EB is getting the sale stock from Canada lately so maybe that's the reason why we've got a better variety :)

I only found one book (Creating Magic) which is great for anyone who aspires to be a better person and leader in life. Really good so far!

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Smith Well whatever they're doing it's definitely an improvement! Pity it only happened after I left.

You only found 1 book though? I thought there was quite a good variety.

I only see now what you work at Brooklyn - I don't think I've seen you there - are you daystaff? (I normally only go on weekday evenings, after work).

message 7: by Chanté (new)

Chanté | 7 comments No, I work evenings and weekends ... nightstaff for the last 4 years while studying :)

There was a good variety, some classics popped up which was good :) think in July I'll be in a better frame of mind for fiction because at the moment my master's is taking up all of my head space :(

Happy reading and see you in the store sometime!

message 8: by Kelso (new)

Kelso Ansara (kelsolikesbooks) | 4 comments Hey All! I am Loving this thread! I know the sale is over but still finding book bargains always gets my heart racing! I went to the Warehouse sale and it was fabulous! See what I got Here

message 9: by Chanté (new)

Chanté | 7 comments Wow, your article was so cool to read! Have you gotten to reading The Thirteenth Tale yet? Loved the photos too! Nice job!