Axis Mundi X discussion

McConaughey to plant son's placenta in orchard

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Uh...so many things one could say...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080809/a...

message 2: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

Charissa (dakinigrl) | 3620 comments Mod
actually RA, that is a regular practice among hippie types. My ex-husband offered to make a soup out of mine, which he would then feed to me, or, barring that, to bury it on our bluff and plant a tree on it. I declined both offers and said that the biowaste medical dump was good enough for it. It all goes back to nature eventually anyway. and... just... ew.

message 3: by Varmint (new)

Varmint should have told the judge that story.instant full custody.

message 4: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

HA HA HA HA HA.... ah, if only you'd been in my advisory committee.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (songgirl7) It's not that unusual to bury it. And I've heard a lot of people eat it, like Charissa mentioned. Ew. It's supposed to be really, really good for you and your milk, though. *gak*

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Heh...you Californians....

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

The only dads who would think that eating the placenta was a good idea are going to be the ones who weren't in the delivery room.

Having been there, I can't imagine the looks I would've received if I'd asked "are you going to eat that?".

message 8: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

my ex was there in the delivery room. But then again... he doesn't think anything about the process of life is gross, so... I always gave him big points for that.

message 9: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony I was in the delivery room for my kids' births. I, uh, wasn't hungry afterward. But I was glad to be there.

message 10: by Charissa, That's Ms. Obnoxious Twat to You. (new)

having gone through that with my ex, no matter how much I loathe him at times for his behavior elsewise, I can never completely disdain him. He let me squish his hand so hard I almost broke bones. : )