What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Testament of Yves Gundron
This topic is about The Testament of Yves Gundron
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Invention of harness heralds industrial revolution [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Linda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:40PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Linda Aull (lgaull) | 3 comments This book was about a primitive world that is shaken up when a local farmer figures out that if puts the harness around the horse's chest, rather than just a rope around his neck, the horse won't fall over dead after plowing a row or two. This ushers in an era of rapid development, changing the way this little burg and its citizens live and interact. Eventually, you find out that the modern world has been going on around this little island of primitivism all the while. Kind of "The Village"-esque.

Help!

message 2: by Linda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:44PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Linda Aull (lgaull) | 3 comments To add a little more -

I got this book at the public library in their New Fiction section in probably 2002 or so. It wasn't in a terribly intellectual section or anything.

I can nearly see the colors - it seems like it was a bright dustjacket. I can almost see the name.

This has been bugging me forever! or at least since 2002.

message 3: by Heron (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:50PM) (new)

Heron | 52 comments That would be The Testament of Yves Gundron, by Emily Barton.

http://www.amazon.com/Testament-Yves-...

message 4: by Linda (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:51PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Linda Aull (lgaull) | 3 comments Yes, that's it! Thank you so much - I would NEVER remembered that's what it was called!