Q&A with Maria Rihte discussion

The title?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josee (new)

Josee Adamson | 1 comments I really enjoyed your book, once I started reading it, I couldn't put it down!!! Now, I miss the characters, especially the boys!
I was wondering why the name "Sycamore", does it have any links to your past experiences?

message 2: by Maria (new)

Maria Rihte (mariarihte) | 10 comments Mod
Hi Josee,

Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed reading Sycamore. I really enjoy reading positive feedback…makes my day.
I truly enjoyed creating the "boys". They were fun to write about and I loved imagining all the trouble they might innocently get into.
Funnily enough - there is no deeper meaning to Sycamore other than, I just liked the name. I like how it sounds and how it looks written down. It has a certain rhythm to it. I wish I could say that I spent hours pondering over the title, but the truth is - no. The title just sort of appeared, while I was drinking a cup of coffee early in the morning. It was a really good cup of coffee...

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Rihte (mariarihte) | 10 comments Mod
Oh oh…here is a prime example how emotion conquers brain…my editor would mark everything red.
So you see, I enjoy many things and I am excited. Let's see what happens with the next question...