homeschool kids discussion

What do u like or dislike about being homeschooled?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Emily (last edited Aug 25, 2008 10:02AM) (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments There are so many +s and -s to being homeschooled, I'll write a few, these aren't in order, just how I think of them:
+s
1. I get to spend more time with my family, getting to know them better, and maybe becoming closer to them then some school kids would with their families'.
2. I get more free time to do the stuff I want to, like throwing in some excerises for sports I do, reading, or other stuff similar.
3. It's always fun seeing people's reactions when you say "I don't go to school." Before saying your homeschooled.
4. Being able to attend many things which kids who go to school can't.
5. Having many friends who are both schooled and homeschooled. I have a great many from both areas, and it's fun to bring them together and see how they act together.
6. No pressure to do things like Achohol or smoke.
7. Personal attention.
There are a few others, but my mind has shut-off.
-s
1. Having to explain the whole homeschool thing to school kids who just ask the most annoying questions again and again, like, "Well, if you don't go to school, where do you go?"
2. I personnally have never been to school in my life, and would like to have that experience.
3. No prom. lol. although that could be a plus.
4. Not being aloud to join any school teams. (Thats the law in my state, some do allow it.)
5. Personal Attention
Again with the mind shut-off, if I think of any more I'll write them later!

message 2: by Kaytrina (new)

Kaytrina | 174 comments I think there are a few pluses and a few minuses.
Heres the pluses:
1.I get to pick most of what I learn.
2.I have a tiny bit more free time.[I'm starting curriculum and a bunch of other schoolwork stuff this year,so I wont have as much time.I can still sign up for a few classes,though.]
3.I have friends that are'nt busy.Its so hard to hang out with busy people.My 3 best friends are bored a lot.
4.I don't have to say the pledge of allegiance every morning.[or at all!]
5.I'm a vegan,so it would be hard to eat cafeteria food.
6.I will have no chance of being beat up by school kids[even though I'm a girl,so i don't think that would happen anyways]

Here's the minuses:

1.I'm not allowed to go out by myself quite yet,so I'm stuck on our property almost every day.[only less than half an acre!]
2.I dont see boys as much
3.I dont get to go to the school my neighbor goes to
4.I get sick of my parents

message 3: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments I luv homeschooling. Here's my +s and -s

+
1. i have a ton more free time.
2. i have a lot of great homeschool friends that i probably wouldn't know otherwise!
3. i get to learn more of what i'm interested in
4. i have NO busy work. if i do the work and i get it, i'm done.
5. i can pick my friends more and not just be friends with whoever happens to be my neighbor
6. where i live there's cool events open to homeschoolers during the school day.
7. i find homeschoolers are for the most part, are pretty openminded and acceptng of people. so it's really easy to just be who you are and not have to shop at certain stores or act a certain way to fit in.

-
1. a lot of my homeschool friends live like 30 minutes away since all the homeschoolers just live all over.
2. don't see my friends every day
3. and as said before. prom :(
4. can't participate in anything that happens at the school

those are just the ones that happen to be on my mind right now...

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments OMG you guys pointed out some I'd totally forgotten about!

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) I like homeschooling because;

1. I can travel without having school keeping be in one place
2. I dont have to sit in a classroom for 6 hours

I dont like homeschooling because:
1. No prom
2. homeschooled boys are really shy !! HAHAA
3. there is a limited number of people I hang out with

It's also really annoying when people think you're stupid just because you dont go to public school. Stereo typing homeschooling as something only super religous people do.

-Dorian

message 6: by Joel (last edited Aug 12, 2008 09:25AM) (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments hey!
what about me?!

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) rotflmao !!

clara[iloveaaron:]  (heyclarabeara) | 686 comments greta you're sooo right!!!!!!!!!!!
well..... maybe not completely ;)

message 9: by Joel (last edited Aug 12, 2008 06:49PM) (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments i know!
me!

message 10: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments sooo Joel, we already know you're content with the homeschool guys, specifically JJ, lol...
but this is all really getting off from the +s and -s of homeschooling....
so what's peoples reason they decided to chose homeschool vs. go to school?

message 11: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments um i didn't have a choice...
i really would like to go to school because;
1. there's more people 4 me to make friends with
2. there's prom....
3. i have more reasons..just can't think of right now...
i love homeschooling though....
and hey joel! are u cheating on joey with jj? lol

message 12: by Kaytrina (new)

Kaytrina | 174 comments About y'all saying theres no hot guys in homeschool...SO UNTRUE!!!!There is one or two.

clara[iloveaaron:]  (heyclarabeara) | 686 comments yea but thats all

message 14: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments but everyone has a different idea on who the one or two hot guys are! so it really depends on who u talk to!

message 15: by ♥Hannah♥ (new)

♥Hannah♥ ♥Roxie♥ (rox-ie) | 1 comments haha candi like who??? lol j/k..Yeah there is some :P

message 16: by Groovy (new)

Groovy | 1 comments That's what I want to know???? Who??? Anyone I know??? HHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

clara[iloveaaron:]  (heyclarabeara) | 686 comments my opinion there are 2.
sad right?

message 18: by Emily (last edited Aug 25, 2008 10:04AM) (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments um... I'm not sure about where I live... I actually find anime/manga guys cuter, but I guess there are maybe 3...

message 19: by Silver (new)

Silver i like everything except being stuck with my parents all day

message 20: by Silver (new)

Silver there's actually a prom for one of the homeschooling groups im in, but you have to be 15 years old. there's a dance near christmas this year that you have to be 13 for, and my bff will be 13 by then, so im hoping she'll go with me because I have never been to a dance before. i got asked to one once but both of us got sick.

message 21: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments wow... we're REALLY off the subject and I wanna know if any of the guys in this group think and of the girls are cute...

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments Oh, yeah, my mom was thinking about getting a dance set up with my homeschool group for teenagers... I hope she does that soon!

message 23: by Sarahfina (new)

Sarahfina  (sarahfinaforever) | 840 comments i could name at least 5 hot homeschool guys...

message 24: by Haley (new)

Haley | 3 comments I love being homeschooled I have never bin to school and I will keep it that way for a long long time lol all I have to say is I love being homeschooled :~)

message 25: by Keanna (new)

Keanna I don't like being home-schooled cuz that means im around my family all the time and I live in an RV so we can travel so i dont even have my own room I rarely meet other home-schoolers except on my school website and even then its a simple hey how ya doing convo and i dont get to meet too many guys either cuz of home-schooling and travelling I prom would be totally cool

what i like about home-schooling is not having to deal with social grps in high schools and i really wouldnt like to sit in a really awful chair all day listening to a teacher who would like to be somewhere else as well most likely

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) emily you should make a topic on the group about crushes!

message 27: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments ME?! WHY ME?! I DIDN'T BRING THE SUBJECT UP!! IT'S ALL JOEL'S FAULT!!!

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) hhahahha

message 29: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments No wait! YOU DO IT!

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) no!

message 31: by Joel (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments i could name some cute home schooled people.
like jon jon

message 32: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments might as well just pretend this one is about crushes....

message 33: by Mikayla (new)

Mikayla | 2658 comments Em you deffinetly should have the dance though! that would be super fun!

message 34: by Joel (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments if there is, i'm taking jon jon

message 35: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments Ok, you can shuss Joel... I'll ask my mom about it again Mikayla, it would be tons of fun!

message 36: by Joel (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments why?
do you want to take him?

message 37: by Joel (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments can any of us dance?
cuz i know i can't

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) you dont have to know how to dance to go to prom, most people such at dancing :-) (like me)

message 39: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments NO I DO NOT!!! and how did I know you'd say somthing like that? Your pushing it Joel. Anyway, I don't wanna go with anyone.
Good, CUZ I STINK AT DANCING!! lol...

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) whats the point of prom if you dont go with someone?! Lol

message 41: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments I can dance with everyone! YAY!!! lol.

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) OH YEAH THATS RIGHT! THATS FUN TOO!!! lol

message 43: by Joel (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments if i can't go with jon jon, then i'll just bring a mirror and go with myself

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) good luck with that

message 45: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments Why not take a gibbon?

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) HAHAHAHAHAHAHH omg

message 47: by Joel (new)

Joel (thegibbonmaster) | 1007 comments because they aren't readily available

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) and it's you know...against the law

message 49: by Emily (new)

Emily Farrar (ameraq) | 133 comments Ahhh... Too bad... Oh well Joel.

hiilovemarkhoppus (brackenclaw) he could always take his cat

« previous 1