The Readers Review: Literature from 1714 to 1910 discussion

2010/11 Group Reads - Archives > The Count of Monte Cristo - Part 3 - Chapters 41-60

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Captain Sir Roddy, R.N. (Ret.) (captain_sir_roddy) | 1483 comments Mod
Here is the folder for your comments and discussion of Chapters 41 through 60 of "The Count of Monte Cristo." Cheers!

message 2: by MadgeUK (last edited Feb 01, 2011 06:01AM) (new)

MadgeUK | 5214 comments As with The Brothers Karamazov, I have abandoned my reading of The Count of Monte Cristo because the discussion has ground to an early halt for lack of participants, despite seven people having voted for it. I have also decided that I will not read future books here unless they are on the internet or I can purchase them for less than £1 for my Kindle. I purchased new editions of both TBK and CMC, for different translations and Notes and they have both been a waste of money as they were not books I wanted to read again unless I did so in company - I already had old copies.

Fortunately, Ethan Frome is online so I will be able to join that discussion if it comes up next.

message 3: by Connor (new)

Connor (connork) I finished this book a couple of weeks ago and I can't quite remember what was in chapters 41 through 60. I think if I start posting stuff, I'll post some spoilers.