Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Archived: 2011 Reading Goals > Megan’s 2011 Reading Goals

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan (last edited Aug 31, 2011 12:44PM) (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Goals:

To read at least 100 books

To read more classics- specifically- read (@ least):

Little Women (finished 07/27/11, 4 stars)
Jane Eyre
Emma
Persuasion
Northanger Abbey
The Convenient Marriage (finished 03/18/11, 4-5 stars)
Sylvester (finished 02/23/11, 5 stars)

To read Outlander (this long book has scared me away for a long time, but no more!) I may switch out Outlander for A Game of Thrones (finished 08/20), but I am hoping to read both in 2011.

message 2: by Megan (last edited Jan 02, 2012 11:32AM) (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Grand Total: 95 books read in 2011

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Megan wrote: "Goals:

To read at least 100 books

To read more classics- more specifically- read:
Little Women,Jane Eyre,Emma,Persuasion,[book:Northanger ..."

I still have that copy for you :(

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments LOL!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Okay- you can def tell where I've had my slow down.... April! How come kids are so demanding of your time!? ;o)

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Wow, I only read 2 books in June. How pathetic am I? hhmmmmm, don't answer that! LOL

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments My question is WHAT were you not doing in March? Housework, cooking, watching TV? Hummmm... We love you anyway, Megan!

message 8: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Well, I read a lot of e-book novellas on my Kindle in March AND I wasn't cleaning or cooking (AND Reese was in preschool 2 days a week!)! LOL, Lisa, now I only work every other weekend and am doing more around the house, so my reading is suffering greatly. Though, in my defense I did have one long book (small print) in June: The Lady Elizabeth

Thanks Lisa! I'm glad someone still loves me!! ;o)

message 9: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Will you be joining us for the Outlander buddy read Megan?

message 10: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I want to, but I've gotten really excited about reading A Game of Thrones. When is the Outlander buddy read starting?

message 11: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments This weekend. I've got A Game of Thrones that I was wanting to read as well, but will end up waiting til I've finished the Outlander buddy read :-)Any chance I can convince you to change the order around and I'll join you for AGOT as well?

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments You are so sweet, I will try CaroB, but I can't promise anything. I am trying to read Bitten By Cupid and Midnight before starting either Outlander or A Game of Thrones, so I'll read Outlander first, but I may be a bit behind you guys! :o)

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Don't bother CaroB. Nothing can get between Megan and her LJ Smith books, LOL!!!!!!!

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments LOL, now that you guys are pushing back your start date, I hopefully I'll be done, or mostly done with Midnight!

message 15: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I'm FINALLY reading A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin and I'm loving it!! :o)

message 16: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4358 comments How about A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens to add to your classics lists. Or is All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love at Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks more your style, Megan?

message 17: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments I would love to read A Christmas Carol sometime. Maybe I'll get to it in December. I enjoy reading classics, but I still love my vampire romances best.

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments I listen to that each year, Megan and RLTCI Online Elf. I have it narrated by Patrick Stewart and love it!

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Oh, I love Patrick Stewart's voice! That sounds like a great way to listen to it Heather!

message 20: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Okay, so I came 5 books shy of my 100 book goal in 2011. I also did not get around to all the classics that I want to read: Jane Eyre, EmmaPersuasion, and Northanger Abbey.

I switched out Outlander for A Game of Thrones.

So, I am planning on reading those classics and Outlander in 2012.

Happy New Year everyone!!! :o)

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Happy New Year, Megan!

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1285 comments Thanks Lisa Kay! Happy New Year to you too!!