Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Jane Eyre Harper's Teen Edition

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina (new)

Alaina | 3 comments So I'm desperately trying to edit this edition of Jane Eyre and I'm so unbelievably frustrated! Okay, so I saw that the page number on this book's data was incorrect, so I changed it, but then I came to the publication date and it said February 1, 2011. I have the book with me and I got it on January 28, 2011. I looked inside the book and it just said 2011 was the publication date. I went to HarperTeen and they said it wouldn't be released till February 1 and Amazon said that too. But on Amazon, they said that it would be a reissue. So are they talking about the book is a reissue of the original Jane Eyre? Or the HarperTeen edition is being reissued? Please help me, this is eating away at me. I want to change it but I don't know if what I'm saying is right or wrong.

message 2: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments Alaina wrote: "So I'm desperately trying to edit this edition of Jane Eyre and I'm so unbelievably frustrated! Okay, so I saw that the page number on this book's data was incorrect, so I changed it, but then I ca..."

Many books are sold a few days or even a week before their official release date.

message 3: by Alaina (new)

Alaina | 3 comments Deborah wrote: "Alaina wrote: "So I'm desperately trying to edit this edition of Jane Eyre and I'm so unbelievably frustrated! Okay, so I saw that the page number on this book's data was incorrect, so I changed it..."
So should I just keep it February 1, or change it solely to 2011?

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 392 comments Alaina wrote: "Deborah wrote: "Alaina wrote: "So I'm desperately trying to edit this edition of Jane Eyre and I'm so unbelievably frustrated! Okay, so I saw that the page number on this book's data was incorrect,..."

February 1, 2011, since that is the date from the publisher.

message 5: by Alaina (new)

Alaina | 3 comments Thank you for all the help.